+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC contacting the employer to verify work experience

threshold

May 6, 2009
Dear all,

Did the CIC contact any of your employers to verify your work experience? If they did, how they did it? Did it happen after Medicals?

I had applied under FSW catogory and completed Medicals in Jan 09. Waiting for passport request. My employer is not happy with my immigration dreams. I am afraid they may send a negative response if contacted by CIC. I work in the ME.

I request the experts and senior members to comment.
Good luck to all,

Thank you

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case all of my employers have been contacted to verify all the informations in my employers letters are correct; e.g. duration of employment, positions held, salary information, manager or supervisor's name, position etcetera. And also depends on cic location and officer who is handling your case. all the best.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't just bother as long as the documents and reference letters are authentic and have been duly signed and dated on a company's letter head. I think if the CIC, has is any concern for doubt or mischief, you will be informed and invited for an Interview.

What can you do anyway if your employer is not happy?

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are called for an interview then you have chance to explain all about yourself.

BobbyB said:
I wouldn't just bother as long as the documents and reference letters are authentic and have been duly signed and dated on a company's letter head. I think if the CIC, has is any concern for doubt or mischief, you will be informed and invited for an Interview.

What can you do anyway if your employer is not happy?

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
How would you know that CIC contacted your employer to verify your work experience? Like in my case, I work in a big dialysis company here in USA, and in my reference letter, my company just provided CIC the website to go to verify my work experience such as the work.com. In my case that company uses other agency to provide information on my work experience, how am I able to verify that CIC made inquiry already?

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
every case has different scenario so in my case employer informed me an inquiry has been made on my behalf from cic to verify employment with their company. all of my employers are from US.

sweetrose123

Nov 18, 2010
What if you worked in other country/countries? Will CIC contact each and every company that you used to work
for, even if that means they have to make an overseas call?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
threshold

inform CIC that your employer might not give positive reply if asked by the Immigration officer on phone.
So tell CIC to visit your work place in person.

Sometimes some cases take longer time, this is where the verification takes the time

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
threshold

inform CIC that your employer might not give positive reply if asked by the Immigration officer on phone.

Sometimes some cases take longer time, this is where the verification takes the time
I second that.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jnathan said:
threshold

Do you honestly think that if the applicant's say, don't phone, go and visit my employer CIC will say sure, we will do that? Are you going to pay someone to go from the Singapore office to Bangladesh to chat with your employer?