28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
Hello all,

I recently received my call for an interview, but a very strange thing happened. CIC somehow also included another person with the exact same name and DOB in the email! The agent obviously looked up contact details by name and DOB, rather than the file number. I have spoken to the other person and they assured me that they would not do anything with the information they received.

This, however, is a breach of the privacy act in Canada as it is illegal for them to disclose personal information to someone else without consent. This person has access to sensitive personal information, such as our full names, UCI's, File number, DOB's, addresses, interview date, and potentially e-cas...

I see that there is a commissioner for CIC's ATIP privacy. On one hand we do not want to rock the boat as we just want our application to go through, particularly with the interview coming up and subjectivity that can be potentially placed on cases. But, on the other hand, this is totally unacceptable that they released such information because of such carelessness. Luckily, it seems it has not landed in the wrong hands, but this should not happen to anyone in the future!

What to do people?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Thousand people - thousand ideas. My idea is to do nothing here. From managerial experience I know that
1. People tend to do mistakes, this is something that differs us from robots
2. More people work, more mistakes they do.
It's better to take actions against those who made mistake if that person could avoid making this mistake or he/she made it intentionally or because he/she does not care. This is my personal approach in dealing with people. If you still want to claim something to prevent such case, it's better if you do not mention names, just put this fact on CIC's table.