+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC are wasting time and resources again

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Measurements for PR card used to be 25-30mm. In January this changed to 31-36mm. Now it seems like CIC are making people that got their PR in November and December (and possibly earlier) to send in new photos that follows the new guidelines. You would think that if you applied for the card when the old guindlines for the photo was in place that would be enough, but nope. They're wasting everyone's time. Our time, their time and tax dollars. It's ridiculous.

In my case photos were submitted in early November. They followed guidelines and were perfect. Two months later, in early January, the guidelines and size changes. Two months after that, early March, they notify me that they need new photos.

I assume they're doing this to everyone and waste resources and time.

In many ways they truly are idiots. Having to wait 4 months only to find out that you need to provide new photos since the guidelines has changed while the PR card was waiting to be processed. Of course they don't mention this, you have to figure it out yourself. Most people just assume "dang it did something wrong the first time". Any reasonable person would make the decision "if they followed the guidelines at the time that's fine", not CIC. It's not like they're busy enough already and it's not like we've waited long enough.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They finally figured it out...that the PR photos should be the same size as passport photos. It makes sense, but they should have done this a long time ago.

I remember how much your photos stressed you out the first time. :)