+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China Applicants Thread

CNYCAD

Oct 30, 2013
FlashG said:
Hi lynnbb,

Well miracles may happen, but keep in mind the average processing time of 8 months for Beijing and don't hold your breath too long :)

In our case we submitted in July 2012, Sponsor approval end of August and PPR end of Nov 2012. They still have the PP ! Going on 5 months now. The VO asked for a bit more information, but otherwise no indication of why the long time. We are a blended family, perhaps that complicates things, with several children. You would think that family reunification would increase our priority. However, it may still be within 8 months - depends on when you start counting.

By the way, just make sure you supply the PP and any other documents within the timeframe required - otherwise they don't accept them. For us I think the PPR said 45 days. I wonder if Beijing is starting to ask for PP early, like some of the other VO (New Delhi?).
My wife just got her PPR yesterday along with request for police certificate (Singapore in our case). With the replies in this thread, we're facing a dilemma:

- We applied via outland Spouse Immigration
- the 45 days that they ask for the passport runs out on Dec 7th (which is strange because that is not exactly 45 days)
- we are currently back in China and have booked tickets to return to Vancouver AFTER Dec 7th.
- We plan on living in Canada for the duration of her wait for PR

I'm assuming that means:
- if we submit now out of Canada, she won't be able to travel back with me to Canada for Christmas
- Seeing by the previous posts about the length of wait, she'll be waiting a VERY long time in China. :'(

Questions for all:
a) Should we try and adjust our travel schedule so that she gets back into Canada first before submitting?
b) What exactly needs to be done to the passport that requires the amount of time they hold it for?

New member to this BBS, and thanks in advance!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Dear all,

I am currently an international student studying in Canada and I am from mainland China. I just got married with my Canadian husband few months ago. Now we are planning to do spouse sponsorship.

I have been studying in Canada for 4 years, when and where we met. Now he is working out of Canada and plan to come back next year.

CIC website said there were two different types of option for spouse sponsorship: sponsored person live out of Canada (faster ) vs sponsored person live inside Canada (2 years- OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:).

In my case,

1. I am a Chinese studying in Canada and my study permit will expire Nov. 2014. I have been studying here for 4 years.
2. My husband is Canadian citizen and working out of Canada, but he is going to move back next year for work (with contract).
3 When he was in Canada, we never lived together.

In this case, Can we submit our application to Hongkong or Beijing for faster processing ? Or we need to submit it in Canada (Ottawa)?
CIC website listed the processing time for Hongkong or Beijing for 9 months, while that of sponsored person living Canada is 11 months + 9 months.

I have been phoning some agency in Canada, but different agency gave different answers. some of them said that you can not choose visa office and have to submit inside Canada, because you are living inside Canada.
Some of them said that you can submit out of Canada, but you have to submit in Hongkong due to your birthplace in Southeast part of China mainland. I am so confused now.

Which visa office should we choose? Could experts give me some advices?

Thanks so so much for guides and suggestion.

I really appreciate for your help! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Best regards,

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Greeneyebunny said:
Hello All - just trying to get a feel for how long it takes for all the China applicants to get approved:

Application submitted to Mississauga
Application forwarded to Beijing

Our dates are:
Application submitted to Missassauga: June 2, 2011
Application Received: June 6, 2011
Sponsor Approval: July 14, 2011
Application Received at Beijing July 26, 2011

We are still waiting anxiously, if anyone else has any timelines for processing, we would love to hear them!!!!!

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Hi everyone,

I just want to update you guys, I received my passport 2 days ago by DHL! together with my COPR and photos I sent before. I'm really excited now and will drive down to the border to official land as a PR this weekend!

Good luck to you all! please check my timeline under my icon as reference! Less than 6 months!

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Chinkazus said:
Hi and all the best to everyone here,

Does anyone have a scanned copy of a police certificate from China for my reference? With the name covered, of course. A friend of ours wants to help us to get one from Urumqi and we would like to see this document and show it to him. We are in Hong Kong.

Thanks a lot.
the police office will not give u a certificate, the only way to get it will be through public notary

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
oasisfairy said:
Dear all,

I am currently an international student studying in Canada and I am from mainland China. I just got married with my Canadian husband few months ago. Now we are planning to do spouse sponsorship.

I have been studying in Canada for 4 years, when and where we met. Now he is working out of Canada and plan to come back next year.

CIC website said there were two different types of option for spouse sponsorship: sponsored person live out of Canada (faster ) vs sponsored person live inside Canada (2 years- OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:).

In my case,

1. I am a Chinese studying in Canada and my study permit will expire Nov. 2014. I have been studying here for 4 years.
2. My husband is Canadian citizen and working out of Canada, but he is going to move back next year for work (with contract).
3 When he was in Canada, we never lived together.

In this case, Can we submit our application to Hongkong or Beijing for faster processing ? Or we need to submit it in Canada (Ottawa)?
CIC website listed the processing time for Hongkong or Beijing for 9 months, while that of sponsored person living Canada is 11 months + 9 months.

I have been phoning some agency in Canada, but different agency gave different answers. some of them said that you can not choose visa office and have to submit inside Canada, because you are living inside Canada.
Some of them said that you can submit out of Canada, but you have to submit in Hongkong due to your birthplace in Southeast part of China mainland. I am so confused now.

Which visa office should we choose? Could experts give me some advices?

Thanks so so much for guides and suggestion.

I really appreciate for your help! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Best regards,

:p :p :p :p :p :p
I think the fastest way to get your P.R. done is submitted your application outside of Canada. If you are still studying, you don't need to leave with a good reason. In the other hand, if you are not studying at this moment, I will suggest you go live with your husband, with a spousal or visitor visa. That will make your case much sense to convince the immigration officer on your situation. Actually, it's not your decision to choose the VO, only depends on where is your mailing or residential address locate. you can used your parents address in China, CIC will determine which VO they send.. or you could used your husband's current address (abroad), they will send your case to the nearest VO.

with your description, you need to be very careful for the intention of your marriage is not a immigration fraud ( no offended). case I have heard some friends sponsoring their international student wife are being questioned about this issue, especially they are all facing the student visa is expired soon. So that I will suggest you go live with your husband right the way. Remember to prepare a lot of pictures about you two, and even the friends from your both side to write some reference letters indicate they know your relationship.

Good luck for you!

Gerson Mommy

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
Hi all;
My wife submit her passport and required to undergo the medical examiations , so how long the HK visa office will return passport.

thanks

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
chengcheng168 said:
Hi all;
My wife submit her passport and required to undergo the medical examiations , so how long the HK visa office will return passport.

thanks
I have heard the Hong Kong VO usually return passport in 2 months.

Statix

Jun 15, 2011
Is it normal that CIC never asked for an EMS waybill for our application? My boyfriend had an interview in Beijing in September, was told he was approved, but we're still waiting on the visa now. Since he had an interview we never received a passport request by mail, but instead he left them his passport after the interview. He gave them his new address but was never asked for a waybill. Is this normal? Should we submit a waybill?

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Recently have a mate here asked about hot to obtain police certrificate for HK people in China, I just want to share with you all.

How did I obtain my police certificate in Shanghai, China (For reference only, Hope it help!)

First I went to notary public 公正所 have an appointment with one of the agents. He/ she will try to help you to get the certificate. You will need to pay a fee for all the works they have done. Not expensive, all together including translating will be a few hundreds. You can never obtain a police certificate from the police office as they only serve for local people. For local Chinese, they need to go back to where they born 户口 to apply for their police certificate, as we are considered as foreigner, we can only go to notary public for help. They will notarize a doc for you and proof your time in China did not commit any crime.

The Doc I need to collect for the Notary Public agent to work for me.

1. Enter and exit records
(as HK people are using enter exit card to go to China instead of passport, so we do not have any proof of the time when we were staying in China according to our cards.)
Place to obtain : immigration centre in the city in China you lived in
Doc you need: 2 photos, 2copies of your enter exit card and the card itself.
Tell them you need to print the record of the time you were in China, they can print up to 5 years.

2. Company letter (in Chinese)
A letter from your China company telling the time you have work there and when you ended

3.no crime proof from your company (in Chinese)
I know this is stupid but this is what they asked for, they want a letter written by your company saying as they know during the time you were working in the company, you didnt commit any crime.

4. a letter from yourself (in Chinese)
you need to vow that you have never commit any crime during the time you were in China

5. Tax slip in China (Chinese)
Place to obtain : Tax Bureau in the city you worked in

Remember to request an English copy of the doc and make sure they know you are using this for Canada immigrant application.

You must do this in person! It would be super difficult if you ask you friend to help you. They are not nice to you anyway, I was like begging them, show a lot respect to them because if they dont like, they dont have to do it for you.

Good luck!

bbcj

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (originally Hong Kong)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
none received
File Transfer...
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none (British passport holder)
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
kkbaggio said:
Recently have a mate here asked about hot to obtain police certrificate for HK people in China, I just want to share with you all.

How did I obtain my police certificate in Shanghai, China (For reference only, Hope it help!)

First I went to notary public 公正所 have an appointment with one of the agents. He/ she will try to help you to get the certificate. You will need to pay a fee for all the works they have done. Not expensive, all together including translating will be a few hundreds. You can never obtain a police certificate from the police office as they only serve for local people. For local Chinese, they need to go back to where they born 户口 to apply for their police certificate, as we are considered as foreigner, we can only go to notary public for help. They will notarize a doc for you and proof your time in China did not commit any crime.

The Doc I need to collect for the Notary Public agent to work for me.

1. Enter and exit records
(as HK people are using enter exit card to go to China instead of passport, so we do not have any proof of the time when we were staying in China according to our cards.)
Place to obtain : immigration centre in the city in China you lived in
Doc you need: 2 photos, 2copies of your enter exit card and the card itself.
Tell them you need to print the record of the time you were in China, they can print up to 5 years.

2. Company letter (in Chinese)
A letter from your China company telling the time you have work there and when you ended

3.no crime proof from your company (in Chinese)
I know this is stupid but this is what they asked for, they want a letter written by your company saying as they know during the time you were working in the company, you didnt commit any crime.

4. a letter from yourself (in Chinese)
you need to vow that you have never commit any crime during the time you were in China

5. Tax slip in China (Chinese)
Place to obtain : Tax Bureau in the city you worked in

Remember to request an English copy of the doc and make sure they know you are using this for Canada immigrant application.

You must do this in person! It would be super difficult if you ask you friend to help you. They are not nice to you anyway, I was like begging them, show a lot respect to them because if they dont like, they dont have to do it for you.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info! :D

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
gersonjaijai said:
I have heard the Hong Kong VO usually return passport in 2 months.
better be faster than that, HK VO have had my passport for 3 weeks now

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
hi. is there a more active thread with information on spousal applications from China (BJ)
Even if not from this website?
Anyone please.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
KTCYYZ said:
hi. is there a more active thread with information on spousal applications from China (BJ)
Even if not from this website?
Anyone please.
I don't know of one but would be very interested if you hear of one....

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
ABCml said:
I don't know of one but would be very interested if you hear of one....
Hi. I could not find anything yet. If you do later, pls share..
For now the only one I found is in Chinese but I can't read chinese and this link has trouble opening in the mainland...
http://forum.iask.ca/forums/%E5%9B%A2%E8%81%9A%E7%A7%BB%E6%B0%91.66/

I notice you have an officially received by Beijing date. Did you get AOR from VO BJ as well? Do you know how long BJ takes to approve?

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
KTCYYZ said:
Hi. I could not find anything yet. If you do later, pls share..
For now the only one I found is in Chinese but I can't read chinese and this link has trouble opening in the mainland...
http://forum.iask.ca/forums/%E5%9B%A2%E8%81%9A%E7%A7%BB%E6%B0%91.66/

I notice you have an officially received by Beijing date. Did you get AOR from VO BJ as well? Do you know how long BJ takes to approve?
Ni Hao,
There are some cases buried deep in all the threads here - I've read (not recently) and observed profile info that indicates Beijing timelines can be as quick as three 3 months from the time that sponsorship was approved, to as much as 9 months..., with not much explanation as to why the big difference in timelines - only speculation.

I got the link you included to open fine and Google Chrome does the auto-translation, but yes, I also find even Chinese-to-English translations are not-so-easy to fully comprehend sometimes.

My wife (in Hebei) received a letter on the 24th stating that her application had been officially received and included the usual information about how to check her status and what to expect, etc.. not any real concrete specifics about our "Case Specific" as one would assume from the wording. All the content of the letter is just the typical form letter generated by the actual opening of the application by a VO at the Embassy..

We're waiting for the request of her passport as a real indicator of status (and process.) The Online "Client Application Status" system (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=) has never been much help, as far as real timeline detailed information goes. I've rated it as such in the feedback request when you logout - maybe if enough people voice this frustration clearly, they'll make some efforts to give some more detailed 'case by case' assurances to the many people who only have this feature to base their future planning and scheduling on. It really is a weak link in the whole process of an important life change for many people. I would like to imagine that each case could be simply updated by the attending VO.. I'm not a programmer, but the very sparse and limited information that is available with that link has been uploaded by someone - maybe an assistant to the VO..? They could do better - I think. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting. It's all such a slow and antiquated process :-X

I'll wade through some of Chinese site, and also ask my wife if there's any new timeline cases she's happened upon. She did say yesterday that in her reading various Chinese forums (maybe including the one you listed) that things seem to be in general moving more quickly in Beijing recently ::)

Good Luck with it all!