+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children visitor visa expired

velsaran

Jan 5, 2023
Hello Dana and Everyone
I am also in the same situation, and I just noticed that my child's (6 years old) visitor status expired in September 2022. My wife and I have valid status until November 2023.
What should I do to restore his status? Did you find a solution? I would greatly appreciate you if you give any suggestions; please help me

velsaran

Jan 5, 2023
Hello Dana and Everyone
I am also in the same situation, and I just noticed that my child's (6 years old) visitor status expired in September 2022. My wife and I have valid status until November 2023.
What should I do to restore his status? Did you find a solution? I would greatly appreciate you if you give any suggestions; please help me
Can anyone please reply? how did you solve this? I am planning to flag polling for child near Ottawa, Please share some insights. Thanks a lot!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone please reply? how did you solve this? I am planning to flag polling for child near Ottawa, Please share some insights. Thanks a lot!
Can’t flagpole for a TRV especially if not valid and out of status. Does your child have a valid US visa? If not, don’t flagpole.

The following foreign nationals are permitted to Flagpole:

1. Residents of visa-exempt countries with an LMIA-exempt job.
  2. Residents of visa-exempt countries in possession of a positive LMIA.
  3. Residents of the U.S., St. Pierre & Miquelon and Greenland.
  4. Residents of visa-required countries already in possession of a study or work permit (flagpoling for the purposes of renewal).
* Seasonal agricultural workers are not eligible to flagpole

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Dana and Everyone
It‘s been over 90 days so restoration is no longer possible. They need to leave and reenter Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that you can’t flagpole because your child is out of status. They need to leave Canada and reenter so needs as US visa and to cross into the US and then try to return. Assume they have a valid TRV.

ononodaniel

Jun 23, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Please help me I dont know what to do anyone in similar situation please share your experience on this matter. My kids age 7 and 4 visitor record has expired last oct 25 2018 we just got our work permit renewed now april 10 2019 i thought my kids will be automatically under us and didnt need their own status. Its been way past 90 days to restore it what to do? We also have a pr on process at the moment. Please advise me what is the best way to deal with it. Thank you in advance!
Pls how was this issue resolved for you?

Jan 14, 2024
Hi im from edmonton alberta, i guess the only option is going to the nearest border which is montana and bring all the documents required we are of nz citizen so I thought my kids automatically gets status as we are on work permit and have a pr application in process. I was caught offguard when I tried to renewed their provincial health card and was asking a visitor status for my kids thats why I came to know that i have a problem. I really hope this will solve it. It will be a long drive to reach the border but definitely is worth a try given thats the only solution. Thank you to all who responded!
Hi, have you received status for your kids. I am in the same situation. Don't know what yo do. Please reply

Jan 14, 2024
hello,
iam in the ame situation regarding my kids status and I have pr application in process? I just want to ask you did this affect your pr application and were you be able to solve your kids status before pr decision was made? where you able to restore kids status and how ? please please reply.
Hi, did your kids status issue solved ?, how did it work? Can you please help, i am in the situation same as you were.