+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Visit Visa

Afara

Mar 19, 2023
We have a situation where I have submitted an online Canadian Visitor Visa applications for a family member and his wife who are currently living in Dubai, but accidently missed to add their 5 year old child in the main application, and had to submit a separate application for the 5 year old child a day after submitting the parent main application. A month later the parent (mother and father) applications got fully approved, BUT the child application still showing that "Eligibility" under review for two months now. I have sent two "Webforms" for supporting clarification, but still no response. I appreciate any help and guidancr.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have a situation where I have submitted an online Canadian Visitor Visa applications for a family member and his wife who are currently living in Dubai, but accidently missed to add their 5 year old child in the main application, and had to submit a separate application for the 5 year old child a day after submitting the parent main application. A month later the parent (mother and father) applications got fully approved, BUT the child application still showing that "Eligibility" under review for two months now. I have sent two "Webforms" for supporting clarification, but still no response. I appreciate any help and guidancr.
When did they apply? Do the parents have US visas? Parents may have been approved because child staying in UAE when not included in parents application. Processing from UAE is 320 days.

Afara

Mar 19, 2023
When did they apply? Do the parents have US visas? Parents may have been approved because child staying in UAE when not included in parents application. Processing from UAE is 320 days.
No parents do not have US visas, and plan to visit Canada by end of May 2023, so it's unrealistic to wait for 320 days (that's over 10 months).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No parents do not have US visas, and plan to visit Canada by end of May 2023, so it's unrealistic to wait for 320 days (that's over 10 months).
Processing is 320 days from UAE. Again parents may have had faster processing because didn’t include child on their application which showed ties to return. All they can do is wait. If don’t receive response within the year then raise a webform.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then apply and visit another country such as USA while the wait.

Afara

Mar 19, 2023
Processing is 320 days from UAE. Again parents may have had faster processing because didn’t include child on their application which showed ties to return. All they can do is wait. If don’t receive response within the year then raise a webform.
Parents can't travel without their 5 year old child, and missing the child from the main application was an error, and there must be a way to rectify this error.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parents can't travel without their 5 year old child, and missing the child from the main application was an error, and there must be a way to rectify this error.
Can’t rectify the error. Parents have an approved visa, and now child is processed separately. Again parents may have been approved quickly because didn’t include child and then showed ties to return.

Afara

Mar 19, 2023
Can’t rectify the error. Parents have an approved visa, and now child is processed separately. Again parents may have been approved quickly because didn’t include child and then showed ties to return.
Thank you and I appreciate all your responses, but do you have any idea what is causing the delay in processing of the child application to take longer despite it satisfies all requirements and webform justification?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you and I appreciate all your responses, but do you have any idea what is causing the delay in processing of the child application to take longer despite it satisfies all requirements and webform justification?
Because processing for UAE is 320 days or more so there is no delay for the child. You can check processing times on the IRCC site. Because child is now applying separately, child has to show reasons to return - tuition paid, school registration and travel history etc. Assume funds were included. Now if parents have TRV then child has no family ties in country. No point to submit webforms because within processing times.

Afara

Mar 19, 2023
Because processing for UAE is 320 days or more so there is no delay for the child. You can check processing times on the IRCC site. Because child is now applying separately, child has to show reasons to return - tuition paid, school registration and travel history etc. Assume funds were included. Now if parents have TRV then child has no family ties in country. No point to submit webforms because within processing times.
Yes, funds have been shown in the application and if required, we can also show proof of payment for school registration, etc...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, funds have been shown in the application and if required, we can also show proof of payment for school registration, etc...
IRCC will not ask for proof of tuition. You submit all documents when you apply. IRCC doesn‘t have to ask for it but if refused for ties to country then include it.