+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsoring application (inland) question

Lily2011

May 6, 2014
I posted this in the wrong board, so I am reposting here looking for answers:

I applied to sponsor my child last year right after my successful appeal. While the application was processing, I had to travel to take care of a terminally-ill family member. The application should be processing for another year and with my history with the IRCC (everything takes an extra long time), I thought we'll return before it is done processing. And just my luck, I received correspondence from the IRCC telling me they are finalizing the application and need proof of living in Canada for both me and the child to be submitted within 30 days. I wont be in Canada for at least another two months.

They already examined my sponsorship and it was approved. This is the final step (I guess) which is the child's permanent residence application.

Should I withdraw the application?
OR
Write a letter to explain the situation, state our intent to return very soon, and attach the hospital reports and such. I can provide statements too from family here and friends/neighbors in Canada (where we live).
I am only worried that they might report me if I admit that I am abroad as I am a few months short on RO after the successful appeal.

What do you think is best?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I posted this in the wrong board, so I am reposting here looking for answers:

I applied to sponsor my child last year right after my successful appeal. While the application was processing, I had to travel to take care of a terminally-ill family member. The application should be processing for another year and with my history with the IRCC (everything takes an extra long time), I thought we'll return before it is done processing. And just my luck, I received correspondence from the IRCC telling me they are finalizing the application and need proof of living in Canada for both me and the child to be submitted within 30 days. I wont be in Canada for at least another two months.

They already examined my sponsorship and it was approved. This is the final step (I guess) which is the child's permanent residence application.

Should I withdraw the application?
OR
Write a letter to explain the situation, state our intent to return very soon, and attach the hospital reports and such. I can provide statements too from family here and friends/neighbors in Canada (where we live).
I am only worried that they might report me if I admit that I am abroad as I am a few months short on RO after the successful appeal.

What do you think is best?
If you are a PR and you are outside Canada, you are not eligible to sponsor a family member.
It's clear from your narrative and the information request by IRCC that this is probably the case.
It's highly likely that IRCC will refuse your application anyway based on the time you have been away and continue to be away.