+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child on TRP Visa (Temporary Resident Permit)

SJ2009

May 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28/08/2010
Hello Members,
My child is on TRP visa (Temporary residency permit) landed in Toronto, Canada with us one week back.Now we would like to apply for

PR application,we are concerned about application process, type of application and the processing center. Because this is a TRP visa not TRV visa.

This visa is valid up to August 2015.

Senior Members...need your help...

With Regards

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before you apply for sponsorship you need to make sure that:

1. You or the other sponsor parent are personally in compliance with the Residence Obligation - do you have 730 days of physical presence in the 5 year period prior to the anticipated sponsorship application date? If no don't sponsor you risk being reported and if this happens no sponsorship until resolved. If reported and judge sides with CIC then no more PR.

2. You will reside in Canada during the processing period.

Is the TRP multiple or single entry?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a thread here on sponsoring children on TRP: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t43671.0.html

saraza14

Sep 18, 2013
How did you get TRP from India ? I applied for my daughter 2 times for TRV but refused. Can I apply for TRP from Pakistan?
I want to take her in Canada ASAP.

regards;
raza

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saraza14 said:
How did you get TRP from India ? I applied for my daughter 2 times for TRV but refused. Can I apply for TRP from Pakistan?
I want to take her in Canada ASAP.
TRV has the criteria that you are only visiting while TRP is more H&C based and takes into consideration that you may plan to sponsor a child for PR for example.

Use the TRV forms but emphasize that you are applying for a TRP, not TRV as you have been refused TRV's in the past and that your H&C grounds is that you are a PR who needs to get back to Canada to sponsor your child for PR and that is not an option for you to go to Canada alone and leave your child behind.

SJ2009

May 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28/08/2010
Yes Leon is right, you have to apply for TRV .attach a separate letter mentioning you situation and apply for TRP... I got it from Abddhabi visa office

Bashur

May 8, 2024
TRV has the criteria that you are only visiting while TRP is more H&C based and takes into consideration that you may plan to sponsor a child for PR for example.

Use the TRV forms but emphasize that you are applying for a TRP, not TRV as you have been refused TRV's in the past and that your H&C grounds is that you are a PR who needs to get back to Canada to sponsor your child for PR and that is not an option for you to go to Canada alone and leave your child behind.
Hello there, not even sure if you will be reading this. I have my sister who is a PR abroad & needs to apply for the TRP on H&C grounds. What was the processing time for your TRP application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there, not even sure if you will be reading this. I have my sister who is a PR abroad & needs to apply for the TRP on H&C grounds. What was the processing time for your TRP application?
She can't apply for a TRP if she is a PR. She would need to apply for a PRTD under H&C. This is different than a TRP.

Reactions: YVR123

Bashur

May 8, 2024
She can't apply for a TRP if she is a PR. She would need to apply for a PRTD under H&C. This is different than a TRP.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I meant she needs to apply for her daughter who is a minor. I should also add that her daughter is considered status less (not a citizen of any country).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your quick response. I meant she needs to apply for her daughter who is a minor. I should also add that her daughter is considered status less (not a citizen of any country).
The child needs a passport to be able to board a plane. The TRP alone will not allow the child to get on a plane and fly anywhere.

Bashur

May 8, 2024
Thank you so much for the response.

Anyone know how I can get my niece to come with her mother who is a PR. She is a minor and (undocumented). During the decision hearing, the minister member recommended that she applies for TRP along with sponsorship, but my niece has no passport. Even if her TRP is approved how will she get to come.

Thank you in advance for all your responses.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Anyone know how I can get my niece to come with her mother who is a PR. She is a minor and (undocumented). During the decision hearing, the minister member recommended that she applies for TRP along with sponsorship, but my niece has no passport. Even if her TRP is approved how will she get to come.

The child needs a travel document. Not sure what kind of travel document she can get in the country that she is residing. (may be something similar to RTD or CI)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I for one don't understand what you're saying. The mother is a PR. Is the daughter a PR or not? The minister member suggested applying for sponsorship, therefore she can't be a PR.

If she is stateless, which country is she in/was she born in? It's a complicated question but what recourse may depend on whehther that country will issue travel docs to stateless or otherwise.

There may be circumstances in which Canada would assist with getting a travel doc but they are very rare and specific to circumstances.