+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chennai,India to Toronto,Canada. is this a right decison.24yrs old. 35k salary. Financial sales

janardhanan

May 28, 2017
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance for the valuable time you are spending here.

I Sincerely request support, insight and guidance from all you people out there in canada with your vast knowledge and experience as you are already there in the country and have experienced the pros and cons of it.

I am planning of migrating to Canada to earn and send money back to my family in india,.
kindly go through my current situation below and provide your valuable feedback.

I am from a middle class family, currently 23yrs old and will be 24+ when i migrate to canada.
I am working for a top private bank in Chennai. earning 35k salary per month. In a SALES JOB
I have 2 years work experience in bank, Financial product B2B sales job
i am single and might get married next year.
I have completed my PGDM in marketing.

With Age by my side, I can start fresh in canada from entry level job
I have a decent fluency in English and as i am planning to migrate i will be improving it to the maximum possible extent before I reach there,

Kindly help me decide on the below factors.

Is it a right decision to move to canada
Is there enough opportunity for a migrant of my age and skill set. to acheive my goals.
where can i get support.
can someone suggest me a Mentor.
Cost of Lining in canada.
what will be my net income after tax's.

janardhanan

May 28, 2017
Before you get any feedback which can be biased one way or the other depending on the individual have you determined if you can even qualify ? Starting out with the intention to send money back home is very noble but cannot be the only reason to emigrate and make a success of it .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asphttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp
Dear Sir,

Happy to see your response.

Yes sir, i have checked the eligibility and i am eligible. and i am complete clear with the process of migrating till getting PR in hand.

What i am unclear is from the point after i land in canada. like what will be the avg salary for sales jobs. or with the skill set can i get some other job.
what will be the net salary after tax. will i be able to earn and send money to india to support my family.

I am in search of a Mentor sir,

Thank you,

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Getting a job will be difficult in Canada nowadays. Monthly expenses around $3000 including house rent. Taxes around 20 to 30% depends on your salary. Winter weather will be very cold in Canada.

Reactions: janardhanan

janardhanan

May 28, 2017
Getting a job will be difficult in Canada nowadays. Monthly expenses around $3000 including house rent. Taxes around 20 to 30% depends on your salary. Winter weather will be very cold in Canada.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the response.

Will it be tough to even get a entry level job. I thought that way canadian work experience wont come into picture. and what will be the starting salary if i start as a fresher.

I am 24yrs old. so i can risk to start my career fresh.

If thats the case. could you tell me how i can improve myself to land in a job. other than the language, which i will obviously work and improve.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It can be difficult to find a good job and living here is expensive. Assume you won't be able to send any money home to your family for the first few years.

Reactions: janardhanan

janardhanan

May 28, 2017
It can be difficult to find a good job and living here is expensive. Assume you won't be able to send any money home to your family for the first few years.
Dear Scylla

Thanks for the reply.

Could u brief the living cost there. and entry level job salary.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Scylla

Thanks for the reply.

Could u brief the living cost there. and entry level job salary.
No one can provide you with this information given how general your questions are.

Cost of living really depends on where you live (which city). Entry level job salary depends on the job and industry and also on the city. Keep in mind that it's quite possible you won't be able to get a job in your industry right away and will have to spend quite a bit of time working in a 'survival job' that pays very minimal money (barely enough to feed and house yourself).