Med's Done....
October, 2014
Passport Req..
December, 2014
LANDED..........
March, 2015
haroonbashir said:
Whats your Ecas Status Say?
My ecas status changed into In process after 40 days of remedical . it's still In process.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TORONTONIAN04 said:
What a insane CHC F*******G people they said my spouse file is under background checks this was in last week. Today my MP told me that they haven't started the background checks but they in way of starting it soon. INSANE********
When did you apply? What's your timeline?

Annuuuuu

Jan 27, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014........ PP sent on 10-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received PP back with visa : 05-12-2014 Allah ka shukar
LANDED..........
V soon
Waiting for today's TCS tracking numbers.......

TORONTONIAN04

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The exact process differs slightly from visa office to visa office, but generally the process is:

1) A visa office eligibility review is done to ensure you are eligible for processing

2) After this, background DOCUMENT checks are done to verify the authenticity of your supporting documents. Also they may contact your employer during this time to verify your employment and duties

3) Once document checks are satifactorily completed visa office will issue medical requests and at the same time request the right of permanent residence fees if these were not paid with the initial application. At this time, they will begin background SECURITY checks. They may also ask for additional documents/forms along with medical requests and/or updated police certificates.

4) Once medical results have been received and approved by the medical services division of the visa office (baring in mind some visa offices do not have a medical services division and so must get other visa offices to do this for them), then the visa office will issue passport requests.

AOR from visa office

Once your application arrives at the visa office, they will sit on it for a while. When they are in a position to process it most visa offices will send you a 2nd AOR. Please see the link at the top for an example of this, from Manila office and the wordings vary from visa office to visa office. Also some offices send by email, and others send by snail mail. There is still no need to do anything at this stage. A few visa offices, most notably London, will not send a 2nd AOR at all but will skip this and go straight to medicals, or ask for further documentation.

6) Processing begins – document background checks

Once the visa office begins processing your file they will commence with document background checks.

At this stage your ECAS status should now read “In Process” with the extra line in the detail “Your application was reviewed and we started processing on <Date>”.

This document background check will include ascertaining the authenticity of your documents, and since they use some third party companies for this it could take a varying level of time depending on your visa office, the complexity of your case, and even the speed of the individual visa officer looking at your case. They may also perform employment verification checks which will involve telephoning both you (whilst at work) and your employer to ensure you give the same answers on their questions about your employment. Only a small percentage of applicants are likely to receive employment verification. Only if they are unconvinced by any of the work experience documents you sent, or if your application is one of the random spotchecks they do to prevent fraud, will they actually perform the verification.

Visa office may request further documentation from you during the processing phase, which can come by email or snail mail. They may also ask for a few things (PCCs or fresh forms) at the same time as medicals (see below)

7) Medical requests and RPRF fee request

Once the document background checks are completed satisfactorily, the visa office will write to you (usually by snail mail) requesting you to complete medicals and also requests RPRF (Right of Permanent Residents fee). They may also ask for updated documents such as PCCs and fresh forms at this stage. Please note that New Delhi visa office will also request passports at this stage. Most other visa offices will not request passports until they are about to finalise the application.

Nadz1511

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London ( isl)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAR 13
Doc's Request.
AUG 14
File Transfer...
April 2013 Isl...feb 2014 London
Med's Request
19 nov 2014 done on 9- dec 2014
Interview........
Nahi hoa :) alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
DM 20 dec....ppr 13 jan...sent on 2 feb
VISA ISSUED...
5 march 2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah really really soon
Jatt1234 said:
Today my status changed to decision made.
Applied in june 2013
SA July 2013
Re medical request Oct 2014
Re medical Nov 2014
Status changed to decision made 10 days after re medical
Congrats.....u will get ppr soon.....
.can u plz tell me one thing did LDVO requested u police certificate n other forms or any other additional docs N when.....

CA_immigrant

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 13
Doc's Request.
Sep 14
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Oct 14
Interview........
NO Alhmdulilah
Passport Req..
Nov 14
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah pp returned 11 Dec.
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH
Annuuuuu said:
Waiting for today's TCS tracking numbers.......
Me too ::)

EagleMan

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=red][b]Islamabad&gt;&gt;London :)[/b][/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue][b]June-2013[/b][/color][/move]
AOR Received.
[move][color=green][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=brown][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=purple][b] Oct-2014 [/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=purple][b]Oct 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green][b]PPR 2 on 4th Nov 2014[/b][/color][/move]

yasmeen143

Jul 4, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 26, 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 10, 2013 to Islamabad - transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Med's Request
Re-medical Request September 17, 2014, Did Re-medical September 23, 2014
Med's Done....
First Med done - July 2013
Interview........
No - Thank God
Passport Req..
Nov 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS - IP Oct 15, 2014
LANDED..........
DM &amp; PPR Nov 4, 2014. Sent PP on Nov 12, CIC Received it on Nov 13. Received Passport with Visa on Dec 3rd, 2014 - Landed on Dec 16th, 2014

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TORONTONIAN04 said:
AOR from visa office

Once your application arrives at the visa office, they will sit on it for a while. When they are in a position to process it most visa offices will send you a 2nd AOR. Please see the link at the top for an example of this, from Manila office and the wordings vary from visa office to visa office. Also some offices send by email, and others send by snail mail. There is still no need to do anything at this stage. A few visa offices, most notably London, will not send a 2nd AOR at all but will skip this and go straight to medicals, or ask for further documentation.

6) Processing begins – document background checks

Once the visa office begins processing your file they will commence with document background checks.

At this stage your ECAS status should now read “In Process” with the extra line in the detail “Your application was reviewed and we started processing on <Date>”.

This document background check will include ascertaining the authenticity of your documents, and since they use some third party companies for this it could take a varying level of time depending on your visa office, the complexity of your case, and even the speed of the individual visa officer looking at your case. They may also perform employment verification checks which will involve telephoning both you (whilst at work) and your employer to ensure you give the same answers on their questions about your employment. Only a small percentage of applicants are likely to receive employment verification. Only if they are unconvinced by any of the work experience documents you sent, or if your application is one of the random spotchecks they do to prevent fraud, will they actually perform the verification.

Visa office may request further documentation from you during the processing phase, which can come by email or snail mail. They may also ask for a few things (PCCs or fresh forms) at the same time as medicals (see below)

7) Medical requests and RPRF fee request

Once the document background checks are completed satisfactorily, the visa office will write to you (usually by snail mail) requesting you to complete medicals and also requests RPRF (Right of Permanent Residents fee). They may also ask for updated documents such as PCCs and fresh forms at this stage. Please note that New Delhi visa office will also request passports at this stage. Most other visa offices will not request passports until they are about to finalise the application.

Good to know how they work. Thanks for sharing.

Morning bells

Star Member
Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2012
Doc's Request.
May 2014
AOR Received.
April 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2012
Med's Request
sept 2014
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Hello,

I received Gcsm last week, at the end in the "notes" section this was the last update: "awaiting MAP review"
And El.dec.assigned to MAP.

Any idea what is MAP ?

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning bells said:
Hello,

I received Gcsm last week, at the end in the "notes" section this was the last update: "awaiting MAP review"
And El.dec.assigned to MAP.

Any idea what is MAP ?

"assigned to MAP" indicates MAP is a visa officer like SXB, LJF, and DPO.

"El.dec..." means Eligibility decision, so I would interpret this as 'Eligibility decision assigned to MAP'.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I have noticed so far ...

"SXB is SB03133" usually sends remedicals and PPRs

"NXR is NR03144" usually sends replies to case inquiries

"MAP is MP01097" usually determines eligibility

"A_W is AW03132" usually determines eligibility

u.incredible

Oct 4, 2013
Visa Office......
First Islamabad, second London
App. Filed.......
July, 2012
Doc's Request.
First from Islamabad in January, 2014. Second from London in August, 2014
AOR Received.
September, 2012
File Transfer...
October, 2012
Med's Request
September, 2014
Med's Done....
October, 2014
Passport Req..
December, 2014
LANDED..........
March, 2015
OmNi2012 said:
This is what I have noticed so far ...

"SXB is SB03133" usually sends remedicals and PPRs

"NXR is NR03144" usually sends replies to case inquiries

"MAP is MP01097" usually determines eligibility

"A_W is AW03132" usually determines eligibility
Could you please tell me where did you get these informations?

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u.incredible said:
Could you please tell me where did you get these informations?
From forum members and information I have from CIC (emails, and notes)

1) A lot of people got PPR and remeds from officer "SXB" in their email from ldnimmigration @ international.gc.ca

2) I know a couple people here who have had these officers and shared the nature of their emails/notes here on the forums.

3) I assumed from first time I got notes back in 2013, that GCMS notes only shows the two initials of the visa officers, not the middle one, like SXB is shown as SB03133 whereas in the emails it is simply 'SXB'; some members thought these were departments, which they could be, such as medical, ready for visa, eligibility, criminality etc.

4) I personally have had SXB, NXR, MAP, and AW (some call him Anthony Walsh) work on my file according to GCMS notes.

This is an interpretation of the data provided by the forums members in the past 1985 pages and my experience with CIC and hence subject to chance :)