man_cub

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3rd December 2009
Shahrukh Sani said:
Hey Guys! I guess this has not happened to anyone yet. Just an hour back i got a call from CHC Islamabad, They asked me where my wife is living right now, did she leave on the mentioned date and when did she last visited me.

After asking me that i asked them can you tell me the status of my file please. They said the good news is that we have called you because your file has been picked and is under review now.

They also said that you will receive some documents soon and you have to fulfill the requirements and at the the same time they also asked me for copy of my wife's passport with exit and entry stamps to Pakistan.

I asked the guy his name but he said he cant disclose that :p

I guess this is good news guys. Did anyone else get a call from them? I think they are speeding up things :)
Dear Sani,This is good news. I have never heard anyone directly contacted by the Embassy. I think the cases have really started to pile up considering that there are people still waiting from 2009. If they are coordinating with you that means ther will be others as well.

Shahrukh Sani

Jan 24, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2010
Doc's Request.
All Docs Submitted Inc Med / Pcc
AOR Received.
04-2010
File Transfer...
04-2010
Med's Done....
March 2011 - Remed
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
I hope everyone gets contacted soon and get there visa :D

man_cub

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3rd December 2009
merrakhawaab said:
any one who can tell me the latest time process for islamabad office,
my wife spounsor me and my application received at islamabad at 11 feb,
i want to know how much time i will take untill i get visa

The processing times seems to vary from one person to another. The Immigration Officers are looking for two things in your file.

-Proof of genuine relationship
-Intent to live in Canada

While an IO is trying to ascertain the above, stringent background checks run in parallel. Now If you have lived in certain places and countries it logically causes a delay.

As far as your query is concerned, I believe some body mentioned very aptly above after reviewing previous cases that for Husbands the processing times were 18-20 months and for Wife it was 18 months. However, this is not set in stone.

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maya85 said:
PEOPLE, FRIENDS, ONE 2 KA 4, MARYA, SAROOO, WES, GODISGREAT, WARYA.... ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF U

WE GOT PPR, REQUEST.. ALLAH KA SHUKER HIA..
I AM DEC 2009 AOR, ALL OF U AROUND THIS TIMELINE STAY POSITIVE, BE STRONG,

Especially SAROO. I ALSO GAVE BIRTH TO MY BABY BOY DEC 10TH 2010.. STAYED AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND ALL MY PREGNANCY. WAITING FOR VISA PROCESSING WAS A BIG TORTURE. WISHED TO SEE HIM HUSBAND AROUND DURING THIS TIME, BUT THT DIDNOT HAPPEN.
MY SIN IS 2 MONTHS NOW MASHALLAH. I AM GOING BACK SOON TO PAKISTAN. WE WILL COME BACK TOGETHER.
I AM SURE U WILL ALSO GET HIS PPR REQUEST VERY SOON.
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND UR SITUATION.

MY TIMELINE
HUSBAND CASE
12TH Dec 2009 ----------- CPC-M
17th Dec 2009------------ CHC-Islb
29th NOV 2010----------- Request for IMM froms, Updated PCC, Re-medical
5th Dec 2010----------- Re-Medical Done
21 Dec 2010 ------------ Sent IMM Forms, PCC, Informed about birth of our son.
22nd JAn 2011----------- Email reply; file in decision making queue.
17th Feb 2011------------ PPR request...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am Lovin it ;-D
MashAllah it is really very good news indeed. Congrats to you and your entire family members.

Once again Many Many congratulation.

Regards,
GOD IS GREAT

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maya85 said:
PEOPLE, FRIENDS, ONE 2 KA 4, MARYA, SAROOO, WES, GODISGREAT, WARYA.... ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF U

Especially SAROO. I ALSO GAVE BIRTH TO MY BABY BOY DEC 10TH 2010.. STAYED AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND ALL MY PREGNANCY. WAITING FOR VISA PROCESSING WAS A BIG TORTURE. WISHED TO SEE HIM HUSBAND AROUND DURING THIS TIME, BUT THT DIDNOT HAPPEN.
MY SIN IS 2 MONTHS NOW MASHALLAH. I AM GOING BACK SOON TO PAKISTAN. WE WILL COME BACK TOGETHER.

MY TIMELINE
HUSBAND CASE

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D :D Hope and pray everyone get their PPR soo inshaAlla

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just called up and immigration consultant today to get some info on the controversial issue of sponsor visiting a spouse in pakistan and staying there, and what could be the possible impact that could have on the case itself!!

Now i floated this question this morning for debate, some ppl shared some great info but even they werent sure about that either!

Some argued that it takes longer time for spouses to get visas if sponsors visit them in pakistan and stay with them, because CHC-I already knows the whereabouts of the sponsor exits and entry into canada.

The consultant told me that CIC-I is under the strict order of the minister of CIC jason kenny not to hold a case unnecessarily!!!

And that i doesn't impact the delays in the application process!!

Now my problem is folks that im more confused then ever, can anyone guide me if i should contact CIC canada itself or talk to MP about this? I will still float this question for further debate, your comments in this matter will be highly appreciated folks.

man_cub

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3rd December 2009
In my personal opinion, If your spouse is residing with you that makes for a strong proof of genuine relation which they are looking for but they are also looking for an intent to live in Canada. So anything that ties you back to Canada. i.e job, study, home etc which makes it necessary for the sponsor to return after a while. It's a balancing act. Again, this is my personal opinion only.

Sweet901

Aug 17, 2010
Maya85 said:

MY TIMELINE
HUSBAND CASE

OMG that is awesome!!! husband case in 14 months is incredible... Congratulations!

Hareer

Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC- Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey someone please help me???? What does it mean when they say Background checks are over for this Application. What is the next step???

Sweet901

Aug 17, 2010
Hareer said:
Hey someone please help me???? What does it mean when they say Background checks are over for this Application. What is the next step???
Next step would probably be finalizing your case.

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hareer said:
What is your timeline? If u don't mind sharing... thanx

man_cub

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
3rd December 2009
Hareer said:
Background checks are the process of verifying the information which is provided by you to CHC-Isb. Background checks are initiated after the file is opened. It is often the final step before your passport is requested.

Hareer

Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC- Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man_cub said:
Background checks are the process of verifying the information which is provided by you to CHC-Isb. Background checks are initiated after the file is opened. It is often the final step before your passport is requested.
Oh my Godddd! Thank you for the reply. So it means that my case in final step? And the next will be PPR? InshaAllah!