Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
wes786 said:
Bullseye!

As I said in my post above, they won't make it any easier for anyone. I think the timeline stays the same and after landing people will have to wait and proof for two years that they are still in a relationship with their sponsors. I am a little worried about the citizenship requirement however. I don't know wheather they will credit those 2 yrs towards citizenship waiting period or not. I really hope they do or else it will take almost 7 years tobecome a Canadian citizen! :-X :eek:
What's the big deal about becoming a citizen anyways? ::)

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Well its like what happened last year in Sept 2010 when policies changed about "Not only you have to prove that you are married, but you also have to prove that your relationship genuine?". It was implemented for all cases that were in process as well as all the new applications. I think this rule will be implemented on everyone who already got the VISAs but not yet landed, because thats when you become a Canadian Permanent Resident. Just my guess but we will have to wait to find out.
I beg to differ brother ............. if you got visa as a Permanent Resident (by completing the application for Permanent Residence) then you land as PR not on Temporary Resident Permit .......... they will have to make you complete new application forms and make you withdraw your initial application in order to be granted TRV ......... and in general such rules have new enforcement date on it ......... now the nightmare example is ........... when they reduced the National Occupation List for Skilled workers from 400 Plus occupation to 29 occupation ........ they did not cancel all the applicants who had applied in the occupations which were no longer in the new list ....... instead they put the old application in a cold storage for 7 plus years ........ this new TRV rule (God forbids) may slow the application process for those spousal applicants who have applied for PR instead of TRV because issuing TRV is much easier for immigration officer since the validation of relationship (burden of proof) has two more years to go through and the liability will be shared between Immigration officer in high commission and Immigration and Border Service staff in Canada who will investigate the genuiness of relationship after two years

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
shamsia said:
What's the big deal about becoming a citizen anyways? ::)
1) So you can vote dring elections and be able to bring a change in Canadian Government
2) Have Canadian Passport where you won't need a VISA to go to half of the countries in this world

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
wes786 said:
1) So you can vote and be able to bring a change in Canadian Government
2) Have Canadian Passport where you won't need a VISA to go to half of the countries in this world.
Hmmmm, you are right Wes....

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
You may be right bro, we will have to see once its implemented. Right now its all assumptions, and its canadian government, they can implement whatever they want and whenever they want.

became-a-loner said:
I beg to differ brother ............. if you got visa as a Permanent Resident (by completing the application for Permanent Residence) then you land as PR not on Temporary Resident Permit .......... they will have to make you complete new application forms and give you your previous application to be granted PR ......... and in general such rules have new validity date on it ......... now the nightmare example is ........... when they reduced the National Occupation List for Skilled workers from 400 Plus occupation to 29 occupation ........ they did not cancel all the applicants who had applied in the occupations which were no longer in the new list ....... instead they put the old application in a cold storage for 7 plus years ........ this new TRV rule (God forbids) may slow the application process for those spousal applicants who have applied for PR instead of TRV because issuing TRV is much easier for immigration officer since the validation of relationship has two more years to go through and the liability will be shared between Immigration officer in high commission and Immigration and Border Service staff in Canada who will investigate the genuiness of relationship after two years

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ayesha_a said:
By when is it expected to be implemented?

Also, wes786, I don't know whether you read or not but I got a call from CIC-ISB asking if my medical was done. They just wanted to confirm it. Nothing on e-cas has changed (medical received bhi nahi hai) and my address hasn't disappeared or anything. What do you feel is going on?
I say it will be implemented next year...

They sometimes call applicants for crosschecking purposes and/or to get info reagarding their application. One situation that I have seen in the past was that they wanted to issue PPR letter, but they hadn't received the medical results, so they called to make sure that the applicant had gone through the medicals (because some times reaquest letters get lost in the mail). So hopefully you file is finalized and once they have your results they will issur your PPR InshAllah.

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Qamalik ! for your information for conditional visa or TRV, they don't do background check like PR application. How come students or vistors get their visas within 6 weeks. What kind of background check do they go through ?
I have read regarding this policy few months back. The conditional visa processing will be much fast than PR

qamalik729 said:
First thing first they cannot implement it so fast ... immigration policy change takes 6 months ..... at least to implement ........ they have to create forms ... they have to create visa category ........... its not kenney will bring color printer and print visas .... so no worries for all who hav filed the case already ...

Secondly ... in 3 to 4 months .... well 3 to 4 months nothing gets done ... it was used to take 3 to 4 months coz there were not much security checks at that time that were being done ........ now they do background checks that take long time ..... so it would be abt a year ............ in Pakistan for new applicants who apply after .... its implemented ..........

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mainbucha said:
Qamalik ! for your information for conditional visa or TRV, they don't do background check like PR application. How come students or vistors get their visas within 6 weeks. What kind of background check do they go through ?
I have read regarding this policy few months back. The conditional visa processing will be much fast than PR
Lets hope that it is faster than the current timeline...

ziam

Feb 11, 2011
Torono
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC_ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2010
Doc's Request.
Sep-2010
AOR Received.
Sep-2010
Med's Request
July-2011
Passport Req..
Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 28-2011
LANDED..........
not yet
some interesting details about a flight............Plz follow down for details;

IN the Name of ALLAAH, Most Gracious, Most Merciful’

FLIGHT DETAILS:

Ticket Type: One-way
Price: Absolutely free (booking confirmed)

Passenger Details:

Name: One of the Children of Adam
Origins: From clay
Address: Planet Earth

Conditions Of Travel:

Departure: From life on earth
Destination: Eternal life
Stop-over: Hotel (2 meters under the ground, for one person)
Duration of flight: From couple of seconds to several millions of years

Departure time:

Time of death: Exact time is unknown (but it can happen earlier than expected)
Arrival time: On the Judgment Day (not specified in the timetable)

Information About Interrogation:

On the arrival to the hotel (grave): Incorruptible Auditors – two angels: Munkar & Nakir, will immediately start questioning.

Three questions will be asked:

1. Who is your GOD?
2. Who is your prophet?
3. What is your religion?

Questions will follow about your life on earth. For more information, refer to 27th Aya
of Sura ‘Ibrahim’ of the Holy Quran.

Luggage:

1. Despite the fact that the air transfers only one passenger at a time, there are some restrictions on the amount of baggage that you can take with you
2. You can take with you 5 meters of white cloth
3. Any items of material life of earth are strictly forbidden.
4. Realistic luggage should consist of good deeds, modest behavior and of well spent time on calling people to Islam.

Important instructions:

All the passengers should remember that tickets are not exchangeable or refundable.
This journey is compulsory for representatives of all races, nationalities, religions and of all ages.

Delays are not stipulated.

Captain:

Angel of Death will not compromise on changing the date and time of departure.

For more information:

Read instructions, which you can find in The Holy Qur’aan and Sunnah, could also consult Aalims (scholars). Please do it as soon as possible.

During your journey you will not be provided with oxygen mask, as your breathing system will be terminated just before the departure time.

Additional instructions:

1. You don’t need to take care of your boarding pass, passport and other travel documents.
To prepare for a comfortable flight:
2. Pray 5 times a day
3. Read the Holy Quran
4. Follow the sunnah to the best of your ability and be ready for your flight, as you may have to depart any minute (even now)

Final warning:

Final destination depends on you! Please do not waste your time on planet earth.
Remember, you have one-way ticket:, Either to Hell or to Paradise .
Jahannam OR Jannat

Hence read & practice the instructions from the manuals ( Qur’aan and
Sunnah) carefully And follow to reach JANNAT.

Insha ALLAAH , With HIS Grace, We all meet there in the Gardens of Jannah.
The Prophet (PBUH) said ‘Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse’

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What are Munkar Nakkeer like and what do they ask?

At that time two angels called 'Munkar and Nakeer' come ripping through the earth, their faces look very fearful and scary. Their body is black, eyes green and black and very large in size... popping out like the Jinn's eyes and made of fire. Their hair is very scary and long from head to toe, their teeth are very long with which they rip through the earth. They wake up the dead shaking and rattling them. They ask with great strength with a deep voice these three questions;

"MAN RABBUKA" meaning 'Who is your lord'?
"MAA DEENUKA" meaning 'what is your religion' ?
"MAA KUNTA TAQUL FEE HAZAR RAJL" meaning 'What did you used to say about this person'?

If the dead is a Muslim he will reply as follows;

"RABBUNALLAH" my lord is Allah,
"DEENIL ISLAM" my religion is Islam,
"HUWA RASOOLULLAHE SALLALHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM" This is Allah's Messenger, He has been embraced with Allah's mercy, greeting to Him.
Now a voice from the skies will be heard saying "My servant has said the truth, lay the tablecloth of paradise for him, give him clothes from paradise to wear and open the doors of paradise (Jannat) for him. The cool air and the sweet fragrance of Jannat will continue to come and wherever the eyesight can reach the grave will be made wide and large. Angels will say "sleep like a groom sleeps". All this will be for the good pious Muslims. For the sinful, their will be punishment according to their sins. This punishment will continue for a time then from the prayers of the pious or from 'Eesaal-e-Sawab' (good acts performed by people for the dead's forgiveness) or from prayers for their forgiveness or simply from the mercy of Allah this punishment will stop. Then there will be relaxation.

If the dead is an infidel/Kafir,

Then he will not be able to answer the questions and will say "HAA HAA LA ADRI" meaning 'shame for I know nothing'. Now a caller will shout "He is a liar, lay the table cloth of fire for him, and give him clothes of fire to wear and open the doors of hell (Dozakh) for him, from which the heat of hell will reach him . There will be two angels allocated to him to give him punishment and will hit him with great big hammers. He will also be bitten by big scorpions and snakes. All different kinds of punishment will continue until the day of resurrection.

O Canada

Apr 28, 2011
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 14th 2010
AOR Received.
July 8th 2010
Med's Request
re-med 12th may 2011
Med's Done....
17th may 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27th October 2011
Hello everyone:)

It is FINALLY my turn to freak out!!! By God's grace, after gruesome 18 months my husband has gotten his PPR :D
I just wanted to thank everyone for praying and I will continue to pray for all of you guys...God is great so hang in there...
Will keep you guys updated!!!

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The way Kenney's department works, I am very much sure that everything will remain the same. There will be no decrease in processing time. All process will be the same. The only difference will be that instead of PR card they will give Conditional PR card which will be converted to PR card once two years will be passed without any complains.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another advantage of being a citizen is that you dont have to live in canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can live with the spouse during the process and return together. PRs on the other hand have to be in canada during the process except short visits to their spouses.

shamsia said:
Hmmmm, you are right Wes....

M

Muslimah

So are majority of the people getting their passport request if re-meds were done in august or september yet?