+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 for you

Slave said:
Thank you everyone for the warm wishes! I hope this waiting time gets over for all of you soon inshallah!

With respect to the question, it was an arranged marriage. I cannot comment if they look at the two scenarios differently as i do not have that information. One thing i can say is that every case is different. No two people will ever share the same timeline. You can only use the timelines for the cases listed on this forum as a rough guide at best.

A few things that i learned from my personal experience i will list here. Please keep in mind that these may not apply to you as i've mentioned previously that every case is different:

- Provide sufficient proof. Put yourself in the shoes of the immigration officer and decide what things you would look for to convince yourself whether the relationship is genuine or not.

- Make sure rukhsati is done. They look for this specifically now. Nikah only cases are no longer acceptable to them. This step could make the difference between your file being processed sooner than later.

- Only provide information that is being asked. Sometimes providing too much information can raise questions. It is best to keep things simple and to the point.

- MPs, lawyers, consultants are a waste of time and money. If you can read and follow instructions you can prepare and present your own case. You are the best person to know your own case and no third party can ever represent you the way you want to be represented.

- The initial review which takes place around the 9th or 10th month mark after you receive your AOR is critical. If this review goes well, then the rest of the process should be smooth. But if there are questions raised at this step, then the file gets put on hold and you will experience delays.

- Ordering CAIPS notes is a good idea around the 9th month mark to see where your case stands and to get an idea of what the officer thinks about your case.

- Follow up with the immigration section via email once or twice a month. If you send them too many emails they will stop responding to you.

- Lastly and most importantly, pray and be patient. Try to better yourself through this beautiful religion of Islam. If you can practice it the way it is supposed to be practiced and keep away from sins, you will always be at ease and find that inner peace that will help you get through these difficul times.

I hope this helps the readers on this forum.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
I got an objection letter that my husband is not eligible to sponsor me since he has no ties to Canada. She did a superb job and i got my remed with the passport request after 2 months after she submitted the documents, she charged almost $2000.
alishah5 said:
documents.
Thanks shaimaa!

I appreciate your response and thanks for providing contact information.
Can you tell me what kind of help you received from this Lawyer and what was her fee?

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaimaa said:
I got an objection letter that my husband is not eligible to sponsor me since he has no ties to Canada. She did a superb job and i got my remed with the passport request after 2 months after she submitted the documents, she charged almost $2000.
What went wrong in meeting your husbands residency obligations if you dont mind sharing which might be helpfull for other members.

zabi

Jul 17, 2011
khan82 said:
Alpha bro he is coming by PIA
Salam Khan82 Sister;

I am just curios when did you send your passport to CHC ISB since you got your PPR etter on September 7. My wife send hers on September 26 and CHC ISB recieved on 27th. I want to know how many days it takes roughly to return passport.
Thanks
zabi

P.S:By the way my wife is coming by PIA as well soon Inshallah.

pakivette

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
ok cool. .Thanks ..

ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Yes that could be right as there is no BF date due to background checks as there would be no point to review. I am sure once the background check is done they will review it and process the PPR.
File which does not have BF date they place a TAG on it or probably track seprately, so when the required task is done they just pull the file and review it with out BF date. My CAIPS in FEB doesnt show any BF date also however everything was completed. In July I sent Rukhsati proof and I am sure they had placed a redtag instead of BF date on my file and upon receiving my documents they have started reviewing it.

amatullah

Oct 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
UOC said:
If you were really living in Canada and meeting the residency obligation, then no problem you can proof it with the documents they have asked. The most important is the TAX returns because other documents people used to fake. If they are still not convinced with your documents, then they will ask you to provide the copies of all pages of your passports to check exits and entries. I dont know about pakistan but if your record showed somewhere you lives in Middle east, they may ask for entry exit report from that country. One of my friend was given a same objection letter and he simply sent the credit card statements, bank statements, lease, tax return and surprisingly receive the PPR within a month.
We are in process of collecting all the required documents and realised that Income Tax return is missing that my spouse suppose to submit latter. As stated in your post, Tax return is the important one therefore now we are a bit concerned about it. So our case will be pending until we submit the tax return.......so sad to realise this.
Thanks UOC, for providing us the details.

amatullah

Oct 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
shaimaa said:
Dear Amtullah,
I almost got the same objection letter so please provide them with the following things:
1. Your lease agreement for your place, if you are renting a room from someone, then get a real estate agent to write you a letter that you are looking for a bigger place and son will move in.
2. submit your pay stubs
3. a letter from your current employer.
4. any document showing that you are enrolled in some unniversity, if applicable
5. gas and electricity bills
6. may be a supporting letter from any of your relatives showing he/she can help you if need be financially
7. your tax returns

I hired a lawyer to tell me all this but i am giving all advice to you free of cost
Hope it helps

Thanks Shaimaa, for providing me this useful information free of cost :)
Your timline shows that you received the proof of eligibility of sponsor in March 2011 and then in July you got the Med and PPR so it took 4 months.....it is too long. but good thing is that you got the visa.....happy for you.

amatullah

Oct 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
Tor-wi said:
I am sorry to hear this...I dont mean to scare you but it happened to one of the members before and her husband had to go for an interview (not sure due to this objection or if there was another objection as well concerning relationship validity) she had to give all the proofs of residency as well...they also have a kid together..her husband finally got his visa last month after 32 months I think NOT SURE so dont freak out!

The person below has given you some excellent advise....include RRSP contribution detail as well if you have bought one..good luck!

P.S: I am also March 2010 victim...seems like we have to bear most of the backlog and objections :'(
Tor Wi: I am collecting the required docs and now I am depressed......already done too much paper work and now again a pile of papers to collect. It is like a whirlpool making me around......
You are also March'10 victim.....what type of objections you have received so far? May Allah help all of us Ameen!

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
Yeah i got the letter in march for proof of sponsor eligibility but my husband contacted the lawyer a little late and she submitted the documents in may 2011 so it took 2 month after that and i got my remedical and ppr together
amatullah said:
Thanks Shaimaa, for providing me this useful information free of cost :)
Your timline shows that you received the proof of eligibility of sponsor in March 2011 and then in July you got the Med and PPR so it took 4 months.....it is too long. but good thing is that you got the visa.....happy for you.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
[this is a copy of the letter they sent me

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your application for a permanent residence visa has been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Based on the information in your application, it appears that your sponsor has not fulfilled the requirements put upon him by the section 130 of the immigration and refugee protection regulations, which states,

(1) Subject to subsection (2), A sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanant resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in canada as a member of the spouse in canada class under subsection 13(1) of the act, must be a canadian citizen or permanent rresidence who rresides in canada.

(2) a sponsor who is a canadian citizen and not rreside in canada may sponsor an application reffered to in subsection (1) by their spouse if the sponsor will rreside in canada when the applicant becomes a permanent rresident.

As such, your sponsor must provide satisfactory evidence of residence in canada or that your sponsor will reside in canada when you become a permanent rresident pursuant to subsection R130(2). The evidence you submit can include but is not limited to the following:

Your sponsors notices of assessments for the last 2 years
a complete copy of passport pages since your wedding up to the current day; this may include valid or expired passports.
bank and credit card statements for the last one year showing transactions in canada other than electronic bill payments
lease agreement or proof of home ownership in canada
cable or phone bills for last one year
other documents showing your sponsor has been residing in canada
if any of your family mambers in canada wish to provide financial support to you and the sponsor upon arrival in canada, please provide proof of income including paystubs and bank staements of that family memeber and a signed letter from the relative confirming his/her financial support.

quote author=ONE 2 KA 4 link=topic=28775.msg1024010#msg1024010 date=1317262276]
What went wrong in meeting your husbands residency obligations if you dont mind sharing which might be helpfull for others members.
[/quote]