+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
I don't know when the good news is to come. I am thinking of staying away from this site and forget about this whole immigration process to help me take my mind off from these countless worries and scares. The more I read and think about this stuff, the more I stress over this stupid situation. YaAllah Madad!!!!
Yes I have thought of doing the same thing. But the forums are so addicting! lol

College just isnt keeping me busy enough so I'm looking for a part time job :(

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
psionator said:
Yes I have thought of doing the same thing. But the forums are so addicting! lol

College just isnt keeping me busy enough so I'm looking for a part time job :(
Definately!! The forum is addicting and informative. I have learned alot of new stuff on here, but sometimes its still hard to read what people are going through. What are you studying in college that you can find time to even work? :eek:

canpakmay09

Jul 12, 2010
Visa Office......
ISB
NOC Code......
sponsoring wife
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2009
AOR Received.
NOvember 2009
File Transfer...
October 2009
Med's Done....
August 2009
HELLO UPDATE ON MY SIDE AGAIN

FOR ALL THE GUYS WHO ARE SPONSORING THEIR LOVELY WIVES (INCLUDING MYSELF)

met my MP today and he is given me the list of things to prepare for this additional document and to prove BONAFIDE RELATIONSHIP.....

1) Phone Bills as much as you can (i know we all have that)
2) Emails.......even a copy of electronic email cards.....(i know we all have that as well)
3) Gift receipts (i don't have one.....)
4) Pictures (i know we all haves those) here is the interesting part - caption all the pictures....post two pictures on 8.5 by 11 paper and post one picture with family members and friends of both groom and bride side and then add a caption at the bottom of the picture stating their names and relationship....then attach a secong picture and add a caption again....
5) supporting documents (trips together and your own visit) here is another interesting fact, as a common person we all know when we attach a copy of boarding pass it has our name on it write, BUT please do answer a WHY question on that piece of paper why you went there? YES this one pisst me off....
SO pretty much add one or two line for every documents we are submitting.....
Well i have to ask my lawyer to hassle ISB to send the documents through fax because they are not giving my wife a Police Clearance Certificate unless they see a paper from Embassy or so.....(wired)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE CAN'T WAIT TO START A NORMAL LIFE ONCE IMMIGRATION PROCESS IS OVER
INSHAALLAH EVERYTHING WILL BE FINCE

wating4u

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12- 2009
AOR Received.
25-01- 2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2011
LANDED..........
8-08-2011
nilufar said:
LOL frm me i sponsored my husband since Jan 2009 and October 2010 my husband finallyyyyy recieved PPR and dont worryyyyy ppl who applied in 2008-2009 they will hear news this month and December soo thats the ppl who did their remedical PCC,,u will get PPR soonn.......dont worryyyyyyyyyyyy just prayyyyyyyyyyyy and wait n see:)
congrats nilufar :) :)

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
wating4u said:
congrats nilufar :) :)
thanks heres my updated timeline

Nilufar (Husband)
November 26, 2008 They received the application CIC Mississauga
December 16, 2008 CIC-M processing application
January 04, 2009 Application forwarded to CHC-ISB
January 24, 2009 Processing Application
February 2009 In Process
October 01, 2009 sent a letter for fairness saying to send in your marriage certificate
December 16, 2009 In Review Queue
January 2010, In Process
March 2010, Under review
April 2010, Background check in process (e-mail reply in May-2010, still in process)
07Jun 2010, Request for updated PCC & questionnaire (45 days deadline)
14Jun 2010, Received re-medical request (30 days deadline)
22Jun 2010, PCC SENT with other documents requested
30 Jun, 2010, Re-medical Done
16 Aug, 2010, Husband received request for TB test again
October 13 2010-Got a email frm embassy saying letter its on the wayy
October 26, 2010-PPR LETTER
November 3,2010-waiting to get Passport with Visa back

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
wes786 said:
These are just the types of status updates you will see on E-Cas these are not the immigration steps. Its taking on average 12 - 16 months for the whole process for female cases and 15 to 24 for male cases. Applicants from 2009 are still waiting so be paitient :)
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Processing time for Pakistan indicating 16 months now on the newly updated immigration website. :eek:
wes786 said:
There you go my point is proven for the people didn't believe me..
wes786 said:
80% of applications in 16 months, based on applicants from Oct 01,2009 to Sep 30,2010
Updated CIC website is back with 16Months of "Application Processing Time" for CHC-Islamabad :(

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Definately!! The forum is addicting and informative. I have learned alot of new stuff on here, but sometimes its still hard to read what people are going through. What are you studying in college that you can find time to even work? :eek:
Business-Marketing at Sheridan. It's too easy lol

1 2 ka 4, that is so depressing :(

S khan

Jun 28, 2010
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
More proofs + forms feb 2011
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010
Med's Request
March 2011/August 2012
Med's Done....
April 2011/August 2012
Passport Req..
August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
psionator said:

Psionator do you live Brampton then??

S khan

Jun 28, 2010
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
More proofs + forms feb 2011
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010
Med's Request
March 2011/August 2012
Med's Done....
April 2011/August 2012
Passport Req..
August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
Guyz I noted very interesting thing

These timelines are from the date they receive the application upto they issue Visa :)

They are not from the day they issue AOR upto the issue of PPR.

Follow the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/faq.asp#Q9

R

raja21

psionator said:

psionator i done my MBA from Pakistan graduate in Commerce.

where my degrees are stand when i will be in canada may employer accepts these degrees or i will do study in canada again ?

B

bestplace4u

raja21 said:

where my degrees are stand when i will be in canada may employer accepts these degrees or i will do study in canada again ?
You need to get ur Degree evaluated in Canada, once its done they will issue you a letter of equivalency that shows how many years of education of yours will be recognized in Canada.
As my personal experience ur Degree of MBA worth nothing in Canada. This is not to offend you but i float on the same boat by having MBA in Marketing.

R

raja21

bestplace4u said:
You need to get ur Degree evaluated in Canada, once its done they will issue you a letter of equivalency that shows how many years of education of yours will be recognized in Canada.
As my personal experience ur Degree of MBA worth nothing in Canada. This is not to offend you but i float on the same boat by having MBA in Marketing.
http://col.aiou.edu.pk/

With the collaboration of commonwealth of Learning (COL) Canada Vancouver

and more about this what is the process of evaluation ?

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S khan said:
Psionator do you live Brampton then??
No I go to the one on Trafalgar :)

raja21 said:

It actually depends on the university you have attended in Pakistan.

For example, I specifically went to the University of Toronto to find out if they would accept my husband's degree here. He has a BsCs from Hazara University (Abbottabad) and YES his degree is recognized here.

So go to their website and you can probably find out by emailing them too! :)

canadianbear

Oct 31, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17 2010
Doc's Request.
April 20 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 14 2010
Med's Request
June 7 2012
Med's Done....
June 27 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jan 30th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
If today is ppr then tomorrow. :P
LANDED..........
ASAP PLZ GOD
canpakmay09 said:
HELLO UPDATE ON MY SIDE AGAIN

FOR ALL THE GUYS WHO ARE SPONSORING THEIR LOVELY WIVES (INCLUDING MYSELF)

met my MP today and he is given me the list of things to prepare for this additional document and to prove BONAFIDE RELATIONSHIP.....

1) Phone Bills as much as you can (i know we all have that)
2) Emails.......even a copy of electronic email cards.....(i know we all have that as well)
3) Gift receipts (i don't have one.....)
4) Pictures (i know we all haves those) here is the interesting part - caption all the pictures....post two pictures on 8.5 by 11 paper and post one picture with family members and friends of both groom and bride side and then add a caption at the bottom of the picture stating their names and relationship....then attach a secong picture and add a caption again....
5) supporting documents (trips together and your own visit) here is another interesting fact, as a common person we all know when we attach a copy of boarding pass it has our name on it write, BUT please do answer a WHY question on that piece of paper why you went there? YES this one pisst me off....
SO pretty much add one or two line for every documents we are submitting.....
Well i have to ask my lawyer to hassle ISB to send the documents through fax because they are not giving my wife a Police Clearance Certificate unless they see a paper from Embassy or so.....(wired)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE CAN'T WAIT TO START A NORMAL LIFE ONCE IMMIGRATION PROCESS IS OVER
INSHAALLAH EVERYTHING WILL BE FINCE
Thank you!!!

I will print the card emails and write info about boarding pass. Didn't know about that. As for pictures, i printed them out at walmart for 29 cents a piece. ~50 photos. I wrote on the back in third person, who is who or what is happening in picture. I hope that is enough.

Thanks again man for posting!

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
raja21 said:
http://col.aiou.edu.pk/

With the collaboration of commonwealth of Learning (COL) Canada Vancouver

and more about this what is the process of evaluation ?
hi
this is the place i was referred to, when I came to Canada for having my credentials evaluated.

http://www.wes.org/ca/
However, I didn't go ahead with the evalutation as I got the job anyways.

You may want to go through the website, to learn the procedure of evalutation.

From my personal experience and from the personal experience of people around me, here is what I have learned.

1. Evaluations are not always needed.
2. Degree from a good university(even Pakistan) does have a positive impact. Even though the credentials may not be directly recognized in Canada,
I strongly believe that education from a well-reputed university tremendously grooms a person and his/her skills do gets noticed in an interview or in the resume.
3. Past work experience carries a lot of weight in securing a job, often times more than degree evals. This would count especially for the MBA candidates.

I have a bachelors degree from Pakistan and a masters degree from the US. Yet, when I went to apply for a 6 month program for new Canadian residents,
I was told to get both degrees evaluated before I could be enrolled.

Fortunately, I had the job by then and therefore never enrolled :)

Good Luck to everyone and may we all get united with our spouses AMEEN