+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing status from Student permit to Work permit, incomplete studies, study permit till Aug 2020

JM03

Aug 21, 2019
Hello friends,
Please help me out here. I couldn't get the required GPA to continue my course at the university in Canada. My study permit is valuv till Aug 2020. I have tried it all yet I am unable to pass the courses. I have crossed the dates for admission into other colleges for the Sept Intake 2019.
Is there a way for me to apply for work permit/PR because my ultimate goal is to settle as a permanent resident?
What are the possible ways out of this situation?

Please mention the contact of a lawyer settled in Vancouver who can help.

I will be extremely grateful for your help.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello friends,
Please help me out here. I couldn't get the required GPA to continue my course at the university in Canada. My study permit is valuv till Aug 2020. I have tried it all yet I am unable to pass the courses. I have crossed the dates for admission into other colleges for the Sept Intake 2019.
Is there a way for me to apply for work permit/PR because my ultimate goal is to settle as a permanent resident?

Unless you have a job offer from a employer who is also willing to apply for LMIA for you to get a closed work permit and have Canadian work experiences, I don't see much immigration pathways for you to apply for PR.

But if you have graduated with a degree and have skilled work experiences in your home country, then you may apply for PR without a job offer. But that varies between applicants.

Reactions: JM03

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,

You need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Once you have these two items, you will qualify to apply for a closed work permit.

Reactions: JM03