+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing dli after visa before landing to canada

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
You're not changing DLI just the program within the same DLI so you don't need to inform IRCC as per the IRCC guidelines. But it is best to change it inside Canada from what I know.
Thanks for your answer.
Anyway, I applied for Post graduate certificate which is 1-year program and after I got SP (fingger-crossed) and landed in Can, I would like to change to another Post graduate certificate which is 2-years program (same college), so do I need to inform IRCC to change my SP from 1-year to 2-years?

Kikoboi

Jul 21, 2019
Welcome. Just apply for student permit extension before your existing student permit expires. If there's a co-op or practicum included for your 2-year program apply also for a work permit. You can find the procedure in IRCC website for detailed guidelines.

Reactions: lamnt0702

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Welcome. Just apply for student permit extension before your existing student permit expires. If there's a co-op or practicum included for your 2-year program apply also for a work permit. You can find the procedure in IRCC website for detailed guidelines.
Thank you. It’s apreciated

Reactions: Kikoboi

Keerthana_03

Nov 11, 2021
Not necessary for new application. Visa is a travel document and nothing to do with DLI. If your new course and duration is almost similar to the original DLI and course filed for SP, you can explain to IO at POE. Your study permit will be issued at the POE hence if any much deviation from the original SP application will trouble you. Be cautious that you have taken similar course with same duration matching your original SP application.
Hi. I have submitted DLI transfer request outside Canada after receiving TRV / stamped study visa/ approved application. My course is going to start on Jan 2022.
* Will I be allowed to enter the country and join new university since I have informed IRCC about my university change(DLI transfer request submitted) or
* Do I need to reapply my Visa? start date, course duration all are similar for both the universities.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi. I have submitted DLI transfer request outside Canada after receiving TRV / stamped study visa/ approved application. My course is going to start on Jan 2022.
* Will I be allowed to enter the country and join new university since I have informed IRCC about my university change(DLI transfer request submitted) or
* Do I need to reapply my Visa? start date, course duration all are similar for both the universities.
Doesn't matter if course is the same. DLI change prior to attending, means new study permit application. Don't take the chance, APPLY ASAP.

You have nothing to worry about since you are reapplying for same course, and same program level. You will be approved again. The issue is just time as it's already late November.

Satpal

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
INDIA
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( NDVO )
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Expecting on June 2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
DREAM DAY
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOME DAY
Hi I am in the same situation.. did you got approval or any decision regarding DLI change
please can you share how did u upload DLI change request and did u got any reply from IRCC

please reply..... thanks

jsuknsla

Oct 15, 2022
Hi I am in the same situation.. did you got approval or any decision regarding DLI change
please can you share how did u upload DLI change request and did u got any reply from IRCC

please reply..... thanks
i am in the same situation did u get visa?

DavidMF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
anyone changed DLI after landing in Canada and before the start of the old DLI, has issues with PGWP application?

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
But it when you want switch schools, how bout change the program in the same DLI as @andrews17 mentioned
How can I write letter of explanation to that effect of changing dli outside canada... my college closed my program for 2 year and I needed to go the next admission

Bums

Jun 16, 2023

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
Doesn't matter if course is the same. DLI change prior to attending, means new study permit application. Don't take the chance, APPLY ASAP.

You have nothing to worry about since you are reapplying for same course, and same program level. You will be approved again. The issue is just time as it's already late November.
How can I write letter of explanation to that effect of changing dli outside canada... my college closed my program for 2 year and I needed to go the next admission

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
Please i need urgent help
How can I write letter of explanation to this effect of changing DLI outside canada... my college closed my program for 2 years after late approval and I need to go the next admission. I initially did an online transfer which was TRANSFER COMPLETE i noticed it doesn't change anything..And how soon will it be processed after re application?

Bums

Jun 16, 2023

Hi wonderbly,
please treat as urgent, I have similar issue my initial DLI closed my program and I have a new DLI with a different program outside canada...when reapplying what should I write on my SOP/ LOE..I'm lost! I didn't know I have to re-apply.

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
Please were you allowed in?