+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing address while waiting for PR Card

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Dear members,

I wanted some advice on my situation. I landed in Canada on July 12, 2016 (I was in Canada the whole time) and I am waiting for my PR card currently. However, I've moved to a different location since then and I can't seem to find a way to let CIC know to mail my PR card to my newest address. All the online methods of updating an address are for applications that are currently being processed. The online form can't seem to identify me in the system.

Did anyone here face this situation where your address changed while you were waiting to receive your PR card? Could you please share what you did to notify CIC?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Adam.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp or Address-Change@cic.gc.ca

quote your UCI and application number

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
bellaluna said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp or Address-Change@cic.gc.ca

quote your UCI and application number
Hi bellaluna,

I tried the link before and they can't identify me (having quoted the UCI, Application number). I haven't tried emailing, so I guess I could do that.

Just for reference, this is what I get when I try the link:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.

This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times

At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship."

Thanks for your help!

Adam

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for verifying that about the link. Hope the email address works. I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it floating around here. The other alternative is to email CPC Ottawa with their usual address.

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
bellaluna said:
Thanks for verifying that about the link. Hope the email address works. I haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it floating around here. The other alternative is to email CPC Ottawa with their usual address.
Thank you for suggesting the email addresses. I'll give them a try.

It's just funny there is no easy and clearly mentioned way to change your address while waiting for the PR card to be sent.

Adam.

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Adam479 said:
Dear members,

I wanted some advice on my situation. I landed in Canada on July 12, 2016 (I was in Canada the whole time) and I am waiting for my PR card currently. However, I've moved to a different location since then and I can't seem to find a way to let CIC know to mail my PR card to my newest address. All the online methods of updating an address are for applications that are currently being processed. The online form can't seem to identify me in the system.

Did anyone here face this situation where your address changed while you were waiting to receive your PR card? Could you please share what you did to notify CIC?

Adam.
Hi from me again,

I thought I would update my situation as to what worked in addressing this matter.

I tried calling the CIC call centre. As I am within Canada, the wait was approximately 12 mins. The first time I called, I was dealt with by an inexperienced agent who explicitly said they no longer change addresses over the phone (which makes no sense really) and said he would email me the change of address link, which was in fact the link I tried earlier before I had called the call centre (in fact I mentioned this to the agent when I called, so that speaks volumes of his inexperience when he sent me the same link). The next day I called the call centre again and luckily a rather seasoned agent understood my situation and instantly changed the address in the system over the phone (after having verified all my details first). Checked my time frame and ensured the PR wasn't mailed out yet so it would arrive at my newest address. Done! So my take would be to be firm in your request that you have the address changed (but of course first try and see if you can change it online).

Thanks. All the best.

Adam.

Reactions: Manojgdv

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adam479 said:
Hi from me again,

I thought I would update my situation as to what worked in addressing this matter.

I tried calling the CIC call centre. As I am within Canada, the wait was approximately 12 mins. The first time I called, I was dealt with by an inexperienced agent who explicitly said they no longer change addresses over the phone (which makes no sense really) and said he would email me the change of address link, which was in fact the link I tried earlier before I had called the call centre (in fact I mentioned this to the agent when I called, so that speaks volumes of his inexperience when he sent me the same link). The next day I called the call centre again and luckily a rather seasoned agent understood my situation and instantly changed the address in the system over the phone (after having verified all my details first). Checked my time frame and ensured the PR wasn't mailed out yet so it would arrive at my newest address. Done! So my take would be to be firm in your request that you have the address changed (but of course first try and see if you can change it online).

Thanks. All the best.

Adam.
HI Adam, thanks for the update mate. Much appreciated.

I'm facing a similar problem - see here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-update-review-address-for-pr-card-t449591.0.html;msg5426780#msg5426780

Can I ask what number you called and what time of the day? I've tried a few times but was stuck in the queue for 30 mins before giving up.

Adam479

Apr 3, 2015
Dexmoody said:
HI Adam, thanks for the update mate. Much appreciated.

I'm facing a similar problem - see here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-update-review-address-for-pr-card-t449591.0.html;msg5426780#msg5426780

Can I ask what number you called and what time of the day? I've tried a few times but was stuck in the queue for 30 mins before giving up.
Hi Dexmoody,

My apologies as I am only seeing this now, the email notification was probably buried somewhere in my inbox. I am taking a guess that you've somehow managed to resolve this issue by now.

All the best!

Adam.

jimmy2times

Jan 2, 2016
Hello Experts,

I need to move house in a couple of weeks since my current lease will expire. I'm in India and my passport has been issued for my current address.

I've submitted my application and received the AOR in December.

Do I need to inform CIC of my new address and if so, what kind of documentation will be needed? Will I be required to get my passport changed as well?

Your help would be appreciated.

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adam479 said:
Dear members,

Adam.
I changed my address while I was waiting for the PR card. I moved to a different province, just called them and updated it right away. However this change should be made before they ship out the card. Card current status can be asked over the phone as well. If its under production or printing you can change the address at that point of time.

I received my card today on my new address.

Easy peaseeee..

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy2times said:
Hello Experts,

I need to move house in a couple of weeks since my current lease will expire. I'm in India and my passport has been issued for my current address.

I've submitted my application and received the AOR in December.

Do I need to inform CIC of my new address and if so, what kind of documentation will be needed? Will I be required to get my passport changed as well?

Your help would be appreciated.
Address and Contact info change doesn't need any type of verification. Just call them and do it over the phone.

Cheers!!!

Luna Choi

Aug 11, 2020
Hello, I need some advices..

I plan to move to the other province, but I'm under processing to get my first PR card.
After moving to the other province ,can I change my address?

Please give me some advices:)

LUNA