Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Hello Friends and seniors

I am looking to apply for Canada education but am unaware of eligibility criteria, on college website its written as follows

•One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U)
plus

•One Mathematics, Grade 12 (C or U) with a minimum of 70%
•Biology, Grade 11 (C or U)
•Chemistry, Grade 12 (C or U) or Chemistry, Grade 11 (U)

what are these C OR U,

Now the thing is I got 62% in mathematics in India with 70% in chemistry, and 75% in Biology with IELTS score of 6.5 overall, am I eligible for course. how can I convert canadian percentage in Indian percentage.

thankyou

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anshuman said:
Hello Friends and seniors

I am looking to apply for Canada education but am unaware of eligibility criteria, on college website its written as follows

•One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U)
plus

•One Mathematics, Grade 12 (C or U) with a minimum of 70%
•Biology, Grade 11 (C or U)
•Chemistry, Grade 12 (C or U) or Chemistry, Grade 11 (U)

what are these C OR U,

Now the thing is I got 62% in mathematics in India with 70% in chemistry, and 75% in Biology with IELTS score of 6.5 overall, am I eligible for course. how can I convert canadian percentage in Indian percentage.

thankyou
please do not take over others threads...if u have a question start a new post. posting the same question on different posts will not get u an answer any faster.

LION717

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
IN_BLR said:
Hi I called VFS today. paying 1st sem fees is fine. not COMPULSORY to pay 1st year fees, if your university is trimester/semester based.
They should accept 1st sem fee for Jan intake because they change rules very late hope for the best.

Again we never know they might reject visas for ppl who paid only 1 sem fee and not whole year. In case of visa rejection student will be in loss of around 50K and will never be able to apply visa under SPP.

Need more confirmation on this rules ::) ???

amankaur

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
20-11-2012
Excanadian said:
Since the new rule has come into effect very recently, so it is too early to confirm anything about this new rule.

Though you still have option to deposit only 1st Sem Tuition Fee & show Education Loan for the remaining 1st yr Tuition Fee & Living Expenses, but chances of getting visa under "Preferred Option" are always higher & student should try to follow it, unless it is not at all possible for them.

Lets see how CHC consider these options in the coming days!
in preferred option :- they want evidence of 1st year fee , is it fine to show receipts of both sem as a evidence ? or show anything else,, omg!! why they dont write show the fee receipts?
firstly IELTS reading sucked my mind to find best answer and now these new rules
plz reply me

dineshonnet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
amankaur said:
in preferred option :- they want evidence of 1st year fee , is it fine to show receipts of both sem as a evidence ? or show anything else,, omg!! why they dont write show the fee receipts?
firstly IELTS reading sucked my mind to find best answer and now these new rules
plz reply me
Reading really sucks...... and yes will have to show fee reciepts in spp, no need to show their source or anything.

LION717

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Guys looks like everyone who is going through SPP has to pay whole 1 year fee before applying for visa .

I have re-checked latest updates on VFS site for general category they have mentioned that pre-payment of [size=10pt]first term[/size] is strongly recommended term means 1 sem but whereas for SPP checklist they have mentioned as pre-payment of [size=10pt]first year [/size]is strongly recommended

amankaur

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
20-11-2012
LION717 said:
Guys looks like everyone who is going through SPP has to pay whole 1 year fee before applying for visa .

I have re-checked latest updates on VFS site for general category they have mentioned that pre-payment of [size=10pt]first term[/size] is strongly recommended term means 1 sem but whereas for SPP checklist they have mentioned as pre-payment of [size=10pt]first year [/size]is strongly recommended
they also written that show the evidence of 1st year fee ,, in preferred option we show the evidence as a fee receipts and in 2nd option they mentioned that show the fee receipts of 1st years..

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amankaur said:
they also written that show the evidence of 1st year fee ,, in preferred option we show the evidence as a fee receipts and in 2nd option they mentioned that show the fee receipts of 1st years..

"Receipt" & "Evidence of Payment" is one & same thing, dont get confused.

wallst.

Sep 16, 2012
LION717 said:
But this is not right what if a student didn't like education system , college or place then what ?? they can't even transfer to other college and they will refund amount with lots of deduction this is ridiculous !!!

Now canadian govt started thinking of making more and more money out of this cheap canadian community colleges all canadian citizen who study in these colleges they have very flexible mode to pay fees and their fees are 1/3 of what we international students pay they hardly pay 2.5 lakhs for 1 year pg diploma course where as international student have to pay 7 lakh fee before coming to canada this changes are totally crap !!!

It look like soon they will become like UK and will not gonna issue work permit and PR to international student ..
i agree with you and this new rule was implemented before informing students who had applued for sep.intake.i was one of them.really this rule is not proper.

mritunjay2910

Feb 21, 2013
sir plz tell me that is there any need to show or proof about funds under spp.......after purchasing gic and paying a whole year tution fee....????
plz help me sir...

sandie

Jul 5, 2013
hello everybody.....

my name is sandeep....
i have one small doubt about showing proof of funds to Canadian high commission.
i got offer/ admission letter from Fleming college showing 2 years course duration, program level, 1 year tution fee structure e.t.c....
my doubt is that

1) whether i have to pay 1st year fee or is it enough to pay 1st semester fee for filing visa......

As my tuition fee is C$ 15,600 for 1 year..... in that i paid C$ 7,800 regarding 1st semester fee....and i received GIC certificate also by paying C$ 10,000. (7,800 + 10,000 = 17800)

2) whether i need to show any proof of funds for rest of the C$ 13,400

(A= 15,600+15,600= 31,200) (B = 10,000+7,800 = 17,800 C$) (C = A-B = 31,200- 17,800 = 13,400 C$ )

even i raised a question and discussed with Fleming department coordinator regarding fee structure i.e why you people are showing only one year fee structure even though it is a 2 years course......

they were saying that, Canada high commission had strictly instructed to SPP colleges to show only 1 year fee structure irrespective of course duration...... is it true?

i am not getting what to do........ please guide me before filling visa.........

please help me in this with your valuable information.....

thank you

warm regards
sandie.

Randhir

Sep 12, 2013
Sir,
I have applied to Kwantlen Polytechnic University as I wish to visit Canada under SPP. I have received my offer letter. Before receiving the letter the university asked me to deposit the international fee of 1000 CAD$.
After the deposition of this fee, they sent me the offer/acceptance letter.In the letter they have stated that TUTION FEE 1000 CAD$ has been paid.Theuniversity didnt ask me topay any more amount.
And I am opting for obtaining GIC to show the proof of funds.
Now,do I need to pay any tution fee for 1 year/6 months?or Is that 1000 CAD$ is enough for applying for the visa?

gurjant

Sep 13, 2013
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fees for my masters degree is $22000. should I pay my first year fees?? I am going for educational loan . is GIC preferred than edu. loan. would there be any problem during VISA process due to edu. loan?

jibujacob93

Oct 24, 2015
I am applying for MASc in Memorial university of Newfoundland. I have already payed $10000 for GIC and also have proof for first year fees. Can i apply by SPP or should i go for university Category. Iam really confused because some say that i can go for SPP while others tell that since iam going for uni i should opt for the other. Please help me out here guys...