+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of college after getting in canada

Gymchamp

Dec 24, 2016
Hi all,i got the visa for centennial college jan 2017 but now i want to change the college right away,is it possible?

kaim11

Nov 8, 2016
yes you can
all you need LOA from new college and than login to your MyCIC account and change DLI to the new one

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
according to the new rule you cannot change the college on which u have your permit for. and if you wana change college then you have to complete 1 semester with the college n then move

yildiz

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Alexandria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017 / 13-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-01-2017 / 15-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Study permit 1st Refused / 2nd Refused
namratha_s said:
according to the new rule you cannot change the college on which u have your permit for. and if you wana change college then you have to complete 1 semester with the college n then move
Again. I Could not find any link on CIC regarding your info.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

namratha_s said:

1. There are no such rules.
2. Agents won't get money from school if students start changing courses right away. That's why they are misleading students with such information.

sumi0007

Mar 18, 2014
namratha_s said:
i checked your posts namratha,all you know or you say to the students is this line the one you just said now,this forum is made to help people clearing their doubts.But shame on the people like you who misguide the new students.Hope from now you will come up with new idea so that students won't change the college right away. :p

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
ok so i belong to this college. its upto u guys. i am trying to help and i know this is the rule from september 2016. i have even read this but i hv no enough time to find this rule. if you wan u can change. again when u hv no idea don bother much, just ignore. :)

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
sumi0007 said:
i checked your posts namratha,all you know or you say to the students is this line the one you just said now,this forum is made to help people clearing their doubts.But shame on the people like you who misguide the new students.Hope from now you will come up with new idea so that students won't change the college right away. :p
I agree. In the other thread I pointed the same thing. She's a crook who's here to misguide people. She copy/pastes this comment and then never substantiates it. I and some of my friends have changed DLI without any problem and have confirmation from CIC that DLI change transmitted successfully. Some of us did it straightaway after landing.

Good Luck to the OP for change.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
sumi0007 said:
i belong to a college where they manupilate students to change college. i know these management people saying the same. and now sumi0007 whoever you are. i am not giving any false information. i know wat i am saying and i don wana put up any false information. call up lambton college or alpha international acaemy or any college and talk to international student admin. they will tel u more about this. and i know this because i hv transfered myself as i entered canada and thats the main reason,.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
namratha_s said:
ok so i belong to this college. its upto u guys. i am trying to help and i know this is the rule from september 2016. i have even read this but i hv no enough time to find this rule. if you wan u can change. again when u hv no idea don bother much, just ignore. :)
If YOU KNOW you show us the proof. YOUR KNOWING has no bearing on CIC. DON"T MISGUIDE PEOPLE HERE

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Gymguy said:
I agree. In the other thread I pointed the same thing. She's a crook who's here to misguide people. She copy/pastes this comment and then never substantiates it. I and some of my friends have changed DLI without any problem and have confirmation from CIC that DLI change transmitted successfully. Some of us did it straightaway after landing.

Good Luck to the OP for change.
again FYI i am telling that the rule is from september 2016. n now its upto u. take it or shove it

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
namratha_s said:
i belong to a college where they manupilate students to change college. i know these management people saying the same. and now sumi0007 whoever you are. i am not giving any false information. i know wat i am saying and i don wana put up any false information. call up lambton college or alpha international acaemy or any college and talk to international student admin. they will tel u more about this. and i know this because i hv transfered myself as i entered canada and thats the main reason,.
I called up CIC and consulted an Immigration Consultant. There is no such rule. I hope this puts your knowing to rest. If CIC says no such rule is there and you can change then what is the credibility of these colleges? saying so.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
namratha_s said:
again FYI i am telling that the rule is from september 2016. n now its upto u. take it or shove it
ARE YOU ABOVE CIC OR AN IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT?