+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from Open to close Work Permit

gbhanjana

Dec 25, 2018
Hi,
It's been an year we are in Canada. My spouse is on Close work permit and mine is Open WP. From past couple of months, we are observing some bit of uncertainty in my husband's project whereas mine is quite stable. I want to know if I can ask my employer to initiate closed work permit for myself so that we continue to stay in Canada, if my spouse is asked to leave and until we get our PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
It's been an year we are in Canada. My spouse is on Close work permit and mine is Open WP. From past couple of months, we are observing some bit of uncertainty in my husband's project whereas mine is quite stable. I want to know if I can ask my employer to initiate closed work permit for myself so that we continue to stay in Canada, if my spouse is asked to leave and until we get our PR.
Your employer can certainly do that. First step is for your employer to get an approved LMIA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
So the employer will have to file for a LMIA and pay $1k proving no Canadian or PR has the experience/education to do the job. If you have been there for quite some time, the employer most likely will need to post your job on various sites. When does your permit expire?

gbhanjana

Dec 25, 2018
So the employer will have to file for a LMIA and pay $1k proving no Canadian or PR has the experience/education to do the job. If you have been there for quite some time, the employer most likely will need to post your job on various sites. When does your permit expire?
It expires in early 2025