+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chances of getting an Human resource job in canada?

SAJSTEPHEN

Jan 18, 2015
Hi

I am an Indian citizen, holding a masters degree in human resource management and possess over 6 years of experience in HR.

I would like to understand what are my chances of landing a job in HR in Canada? Is it important to hold a management certificate from Canada?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards
Sajith

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be difficult without Canadian work experience since HR is seen as the kind of role where it is extremely important to understand the work culture / environment of a country.

You don't say whether you are a Canadian PR or a foreign worker looking for a job in Canada. If you are a foreign worker looking for a job in Canada then I would expect it will be very difficult to find a job in HR.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am asking for someone else, but if you don't think HR jobs would be offered to immigrants what other fields would you look at for someone with a Masters and 10 years experience in HR/training?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
it's important to understand that canada (like most countries) has various employment laws. for professionals coming from outside of canada, it is difficult to get jobs unless there is familiarity with employment standards/laws in canada. while they may be similiar to someone's home country, there are enough differences that make it matter. Canadian employers are not looking for people who can "learn as they go". they expect hires to already know the information (and have experience with it), especially the higher up the ladder you are. A person has to really have some sort of excellent specialty that canadian employers are looking for in order to stand out among applicants.

also, an interesting insight i learned was that there are less people in HR retiring/leaving jobs, so the # of jobs available are small.

0NIKE0

Mar 4, 2015
SAJSTEPHEN said:
Hi

I am an Indian citizen, holding a masters degree in human resource management and possess over 6 years of experience in HR.

I would like to understand what are my chances of landing a job in HR in Canada? Is it important to hold a management certificate from Canada?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards
Sajith
I believe that the Canadian work experience and education is the key to success.

dimk

Aug 23, 2014
scylla said:
It will be difficult without Canadian work experience since HR is seen as the kind of role where it is extremely important to understand the work culture / environment of a country.

You don't say whether you are a Canadian PR or a foreign worker looking for a job in Canada. If you are a foreign worker looking for a job in Canada then I would expect it will be very difficult to find a job in HR.
Even though, I met foreigners as HR in EPCOR, in City government. So don't be upset. Take courses and become certified HR, and make your way out.