+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CENTENNIAL & GEORGE BROWN - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
Hello guys.

These two colleges are being very nasty. They have started a new rule about withdrawals and refunds.

If you initially applied to George Brown College (GBC) or Centennial College and got the study permit on their name, but wanted to change your college after you come to Canada - you will find yourself in immense trouble.

Even if you want to postpone your session, while staying in the same college you are in trouble.

For postponing (delaying) even 1 semester - they will ask you to go back to your home country and you will have to show the confirmed return air ticket to get your money back. They will refund your tuition fees only after your departure. They will also report your details to CIC and CIC call center has confirmed that they will cancel your study permit. This means, even though your study permit was valid for 1 yr or 2 years, its now cancelled and you will have to again apply for it.

For changing college - they want you to bring offer letter from another college. They will not give the fees to you, but they will transfer the fees to the other college.

Other colleges are also following the suit, but these two have done it pretty fast. So please be aware and dont be caught off guard with the new policies.

GBC Withdrawal Rules: wwwDOTgeorgebrown.ca/international/application-process/refund/
Cenntennial Withdrawal Rules: wwwDOTcentennialcollege.ca/international/withdraw

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
hey.thanks a lot for this information. Will you be able to tell me if we can change to some other course in the SAME college in case we find it difficult or something. thanks

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMO there's nothing wrong with that. I understand where they are coming from. There are a lot of foreigners who would apply for student visa and will look for an employer to sponsor them in Canada. George Brown has the highest rate of chance of getting an approval student visa because of their reputation. At least they will still return your money, as long as you will show that you have been accepted in other colleges. They just probably don't want to be in the "watch list colleges" of canadian immigration that students who enrolled in their school will end up converting their student visa to working visa. It's one of the reason why canadian immigrations in different countries are getting more strict when it comes to giving out student visa because of some applicants who are not sincere in being a student.

Even though I read your warning message about George Brown, my husband and I'd still push through our application to George brown as my husband intends to finish his program in this school.

Just my two cents

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
george brown is a nice collage.. It has a good repute. And this rule is Okay for someone who actually wants to study in geroge brown :)

Yet the problem in my country is .. People dont get visa's for collage applications :( 80% of them are rejected.

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
wJaz said:
george brown is a nice collage.. It has a good repute. And this rule is Okay for someone who actually wants to study in geroge brown :)

Yet the problem in my country is .. People dont get visa's for collage applications :( 80% of them are rejected.
Ahem..."collAge"?? You mean "CollEge"...No wonder 80% of them are rejected.

studentvisa13

Jan 13, 2013
doylia said:
hey.thanks a lot for this information. Will you be able to tell me if we can change to some other course in the SAME college in case we find it difficult or something. thanks
Ofcourse - you can change to different programs within the same college without any issues.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

Stay away from them ?
Brother , they just follow rules.
Obviously you won't get money on your hand.
Show them offer letter and they will send the money to your desired college.
People are using study permit as a way to enter Canada.
Just wait for few more months.
If you think this rules are harsh.
Then you won't exist after 1st Jan, 2014, when the new rules will come into effect.

Good Luck.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aman singh said:
Hi,

Stay away from them ?
Brother , they just follow rules.
Obviously you won't get money on your hand.
Show them offer letter and they will send the money to your desired college.
People are using study permit as a way to enter Canada.
Just wait for few more months.
If you think this rules are harsh.
Then you won't exist after 1st Jan, 2014, when the new rules will come into effect.

Good Luck.
Any Idea on New Rules?

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/cic-proposes-changes-to-international-student-program-01022013.html

kubee

May 27, 2013
1.Regulatory changes which will limit study permits to students attending institutions which have been designated by a Canadian province or territory. Institutions will be designated based on collaboration between Federal and Provincial governing authorities. Those institutions which are not designated will still be allowed to offer courses of six months or less, which may be attended by foreign nationals on a temporary visitor visa.........d above was copied from d CIC site and its one of the changes that''l take place from nxt year please can anyone throw more light on this cos l dnt get it.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
does anybody know...how many days it take to withdraw from centennial??