+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience Calculation

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am also in a similar situation as @jyoti09 , I started working on March 1st 2020 and my current visa (working holiday) expires on February 24th 2021. it's 51 weeks and 4 days so a few days short. But if I understood it correctly from conversations here and in other threads, it would still be counted as "one year of work experience" if I'd work 30 hours on the 52nd week. Am I correct? I would like to hear opinions especially from @Wolfpmd3 since I've seen you from the threads related to this matter. Thank you.
Yes, you should be fine, you are technically 1 day short from 52 weeks, however, if you worked already for 30 hours during those 4 days of your 52th week, you literally just made it.

Good luck with your application

mnmkyng

May 12, 2020
Yes, you should be fine, you are technically 1 day short from 52 weeks, however, if you worked already for 30 hours during those 4 days of your 52th week, you literally just made it.

Good luck with your application

Thank you very much for your reply! This is so reassuring to hear. However I should be lacking two days from 52 weeks (the date calculator says it's 51 weeks and 4 days but Feb 24th is Wednesday) so if I would work normal 8 hours/day it'd be 24 hours on the 52nd week.
But I assumed if I would work over-time (which is possible) and achieve 30 hours during the three days on the last week, that would also work?
I think I could prove it with my paystub if necessary.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you very much for your reply! This is so reassuring to hear. However I should be lacking two days from 52 weeks (the date calculator says it's 51 weeks and 4 days but Feb 24th is Wednesday) so if I would work normal 8 hours/day it'd be 24 hours on the 52nd week.
But I assumed if I would work over-time (which is possible) and achieve 30 hours during the three days on the last week, that would also work?
I think I could prove it with my paystub if necessary.
Totally, there are no daily limits only weekly limits (up to 30 hours that they'll count).

This way you'll satisfy the having worked for at least 30 hours each week for 52 weeks for a total of 1560 hours.

You'll be fine

Reactions: mnmkyng

Sandy.Chichu

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Goa India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
10/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2015
I also have some confusion regarding my application guys. Got my ITA on 9th April. But i have one query. I work as a part-time at bell but my average hours are 28 per week. I will be completing 1560 hrs in June which will be 13 months. Am I still eligible to submit my application. Also while submitting my EE profile I entered 30 hours in the columns marked for hours worked for week. Will it be okay or I will have to cancel this ITA and apply for a new one?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I also have some confusion regarding my application guys. Got my ITA on 9th April. But i have one query. I work as a part-time at bell but my average hours are 28 per week. I will be completing 1560 hrs in June which will be 13 months. Am I still eligible to submit my application. Also while submitting my EE profile I entered 30 hours in the columns marked for hours worked for week. Will it be okay or I will have to cancel this ITA and apply for a new one?

1. Refuse ITA, as you don't have sufficient hours yet.

jyoti09

Jan 7, 2018
Thank you so much Wolfpmd3 for the reply. I am exactly 52 weeks with 32 hrs in 52nd week. So I should be fine. Let's see :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You received the invitation based on the hours worked per week you entered.

There is no average, you must actually count week by week and keep adding hours until you've reached 1560 hours. You cannot count count hours worked beyond 30 h each week.

That's why you need at least 52 weeks to reach these 1560h, that is if you worked 30h or + every single week.

If you've worked less, then it is going to take you longer to complete the 1560h required.

If you received AN ITA you must hold yourself from applying until you've actually completed the 1560h. It's play if you received the invitation beforehand, that happens often, but it's not okay to apply before you're actually eligible to do so.

Reactions: Sandy.Chichu
Nov 2, 2022
Hey guys I have a similar case

I started full-time on September 11, 2021 up to and including March 30, 2022 (which is a Wednesday). From Sunday (March 27, 2022) until Wednesday (March 30, 2022) I worked 40 hours, which satisfies the condition of 30 hours/week correct? It needs to be hours not full weeks if I understand correctly

At my second job I started on April 11, 2022 until I received an ITA on September 14, 2022 which was a Wednesday. The week that I received the ITA was my 52nd week. However, I didn't work the full week, but I could say I worked overtime from Sunday to Wednesday to fulfill the 30 hours/week.

Please I would appreciate it if you let me know what you did and if you added a LoE.

best,

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey guys I have a similar case

I started full-time on September 11, 2021 up to and including March 30, 2022 (which is a Wednesday). From Sunday (March 27, 2022) until Wednesday (March 30, 2022) I worked 40 hours, which satisfies the condition of 30 hours/week correct? It needs to be hours not full weeks if I understand correctly

At my second job I started on April 11, 2022 until I received an ITA on September 14, 2022 which was a Wednesday. The week that I received the ITA was my 52nd week. However, I didn't work the full week, but I could say I worked overtime from Sunday to Wednesday to fulfill the 30 hours/week.

Please I would appreciate it if you let me know what you did and if you added a LoE.

best,
I think you should list down the weeks, number of hours worked per week and how you accumulated 1,560 hours for a year. Not exceeding 30 hours per week in the calculation.