+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience Calculation

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi Members,

I got an ITA on 9th April 2020 under CEC. I came here on ICT on 6th April 2019 and resigned from my current job on March 30th 2020. I also have a new job offer and a positive LMIA for which I got 200 points too and the new work permit is under process.

My question is: I got an ITA under CEC, but technically I didn’t complete one year with my current employer (6th April 2019 to 30th March 2020), so am I eligible under CEC? Or should I just decline the ITA. Your responses are appreciated. Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Yikes, only a few days short!! :eek:

if you based it here:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

One year of full-time work
30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours) or equivalent in part

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

So you’re missing only a few hours to complete your 1560 hours.
Yes. So should i decline the ita or go ahead?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Members,

I got an ITA on 9th April 2020 under CEC. I came here on ICT on 6th April 2019 and resigned from my current job on March 30th 2020. I also have a new job offer and a positive LMIA for which I got 200 points too and the new work permit is under process.

My question is: I got an ITA under CEC, but technically I didn’t complete one year with my current employer (6th April 2019 to 30th March 2020), so am I eligible under CEC? Or should I just decline the ITA. Your responses are appreciated. Thanks
You must have completed 52 weeks working at least 30 hours per week.

If you don't satisfy this, you are not eligible for CEC and will have your application refused.

Bad move not working for an additional week before quitting.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes. So should i decline the ita or go ahead?

You must have completed 52 weeks working at least 30 hours per week.

If you don't satisfy this, you are not eligible for CEC and will have your application refused.

Bad move not working for an additional week before quitting.
As you don’t meet the required hours to meet one year work experience requirement, it’s prudent to decline the ITA as you’ll most likely get rejected if you go ahead.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
As you don’t meet the required hours to meet one year work experience requirement, it’s prudent to decline the ITA as you’ll most likely get rejected if you go ahead.
Thanks. Also will i get rejected although my crs score is more? I understand they will deduct my crs score as iam not meeting the criteria but still my points are much higher if they deduct my points too. Will they accept?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks. Also will i get rejected although my crs score is more? I understand they will deduct my crs score as iam not meeting the criteria but still my points are much higher if they deduct my points too. Will they accept?
Two things: you have to meet the eligibility criteria of the program you were invited in, so for cec you need to have at least 1 year Canadian experience + other criteria and if points were deducted is that you don’t fall below the minimum score in the round of invitation you’re invited in.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Two things: you have to meet the eligibility criteria of the program you were invited in, so for cec you need to have at least 1 year Canadian experience + other criteria and if points were deducted is that you don’t fall below the minimum score in the round of invitation you’re invited in.
I guess I am short of a week for CEC, but if they deduct my points too, I am still above the cutoff score.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I guess I am short of a week for CEC, but if they deduct my points too, I am still above the cutoff score.
Check if the round of invitation you got invited in is only for CEC candidates only or for an all program round (meaning includes FSW also). If it's an all program round, check if you qualify under FSW or maybe you have a PNP nomination. If it's only for CEC then you might have a problem, even if your score is high enough, since you're missing the Canadian experience.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Check if the round of invitation you got invited in is only for CEC candidates only or for an all program round (meaning includes FSW also). If it's an all program round, check if you qualify under FSW or maybe you have a PNP nomination. If it's only for CEC then you might have a problem, even if your score is high enough, since you're missing the Canadian experience.
I got Invite in CEC. What if I start my new job and complete the 1 week that is less currently and then submit my application. Will that be counted as 1 year under CEC?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I got Invite in CEC. What if I start my new job and complete the 1 week that is less currently and then submit my application. Will that be counted as 1 year under CEC?
As long its within the past 3 years.

"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
As long its within the past 3 years.

"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Got it. Just one question, Application Receipt means when i upload all documents and submit the application with fees paid right? if yes, than, for eg: If i start my new job on June 1st and after completion of my remaining 1 week, i Can upload my documents and submit the final application?

jyoti09

Jan 7, 2018
I am so much in the same situation.

I started working on 2nd May 2019 till April 29 2020. I got lay off due covid. Online week calculator says: 11 month 28 days but 52 weeks.
Does it mean I am not eligible?

mnmkyng

May 12, 2020
I am also in a similar situation as @jyoti09 , I started working on March 1st 2020 and my current visa (working holiday) expires on February 24th 2021. it's 51 weeks and 4 days so a few days short. But if I understood it correctly from conversations here and in other threads, it would still be counted as "one year of work experience" if I'd work 30 hours on the 52nd week. Am I correct? I would like to hear opinions especially from @Wolfpmd3 since I've seen you from the threads related to this matter. Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am so much in the same situation.

I started working on 2nd May 2019 till April 29 2020. I got lay off due covid. Online week calculator says: 11 month 28 days but 52 weeks.
Does it mean I am not eligible?
If it is 52 weeks, meaning you worked 52 weeks from Monday to Friday and every week you worked 30 hours or more (excluding vacations and holidays which you shouldn't worry about), then you are good. You are eligible.

It doesn't matter if you didn't competlete a full calendar year, as long as you completed 52 weeks.