+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - October 2022 AOR ******

jlu

Jun 20, 2023
CEC inland. Sharing my journey here. Finally, I'm seeing some lights at the end of the tunnel. PVO: Etobicoke, SVO: Vancouver
- Sep 28, 2022: ITA
- Oct 14, 2022: AOR
- Nov 4, 2022: MEP/BIL
- Jan 31, 2023: Background/Security completed
- Complete silence for 4 months. At this point, eligibility was the only one that is not started. I've done everything I could possibly do to expedite my application while waiting (sending web forms, asking IRCC agents to put notes on my file, calling IRCC a few times a month to ask for updates). Still, no progress :)
- May 16, 2023: Reached out to MP to ask for support. Even MP agreed that eligibility should at least be in progress at this point. MP let me know they had notified Etobicoke VO that my application had passed the normal processing time. But it seems like VO didn't care even when MP escalated, they just replied with a generic message to my MP saying my application is "in a queue for processing". Of course, no progress after that
- June 1, 2023: I followed up with my MP again, stating that I will reach my 8-month mark soon, which is double the time a person should be waiting for a CEC application
- June 5, 2023: Got an update that all are completed. Just waiting for portal email

A very stressful wait indeed. But I hope everyone who is in the same boat of being stuck in limbo will hear some updates soon.

- I have similar timeline and situation, but haven't reached out to MP. How do I know which MP to contact? Is it by checking this website and type my postal code - https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members?

aqfleet

Jun 9, 2023
Yes!! Congratulations! You have a COPR number. You will receive the portal email really soon
I hope this is true! My partner (primary applicant) has been waiting for portal credentials for almost three weeks - our poor MPs office are probably sick of us hounding them every day - and today he noticed we have COPR numbers in the tracker. We had to return to the UK for a bit after waiting 7/8 months for PR approval so we gave him three weeks out there which we thought would be long enough for eCOPR but we will have to change his flights. They changed me to outland process so I’m waiting for my COPR so I can plan my soft landing.

Sad for others also facing delays from applying in October but feel less alone, felt like we were the only ones way past the processing time.

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
I don't feel great, I just want this to finish, I can't understand they said they will response in 4 months! now it is in the 9th month!!
I acknowledge that excruciating pain that comes with waiting but be kind to yourself and focus on other things that brings you peace of mind and happiness. Your approval would definitely come, just hang in there