+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
irishchris87 said:
Guys I've had a roller coaster time with this whole PR thing.

I'll tell you my story since there is no other news happening right now.

I applied for PR in October 2014. CIC received my application on October 20th 2014 (Soooooooooooooo lucky). I received confirmation in Feb 19th 2015. I applied for BOWP in march as my work permit was finished in April 1st. June I received an email to say they rejected BOWP as my passport photo never attached online so they rejected it based on an incomplete application. (I could rant about this for hours but I won't bore you all). I went home to Ireland and came back to Canada in Jan 2016 as a visitor hoping I was only a few weeks from getting PR (luckily my job allows me to work anywhere in the world with just my laptop).

In March 2016 (The day of my birthday) I received an email from CIC telling me my application was rejected because I was a contractor for the majority of my experience here in Canada. The next day I went and got a lawyer to represent me. He told me I had nothing to worry about and that he will file an appeal with the DOJ.

(Even though your company say you are a contractor for tax purposes you can actually be legally deemed an employee due to the relationship between you and the employer. e.g if you work in their building, they set your tasks and time, you are using their equipment, and you are not allowed to subcontract out the work. All this means you are legally deemed an employee)

Anyway, He filed the appeal with the DOJ in which I had to sign an affidavit. May 3rd I received an email from the DOJ saying that CIC had agreed to re-review my case. May 23rd I received the RPRF email. I paid immediately! May 25th they emailed me again requesting to do RCMP police checks as my old ones had expired. I went and did them immediately.

Now its a waiting game for them to receive the results and hopefully next stop ppr :)
Congrats on getting your case reopened! Good luck with the rest of your application :)

JDHALI48

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-OCT-2014
AOR Received.
26-FEB-2015
Med's Request
Upfront:08-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
June 2
To the applicants who are waiting for PPR and being told that everything has been passed from more than a month now..

Did any of you order GCMS Notes ? and have RFV or Due Date in June, 2016 ??
or been told by MP that he/she will get PPR in June ?

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
JDHALI48 said:
To the applicants who are waiting for PPR and being told that everything has been passed from more than a month now..

Did any of you order GCMS Notes ? and have RFV or Due Date in June, 2016 ??
or been told by MP that he/she will get PPR in June ?
Me Me Me

MP told me I should hear by mid June fingers crossed CIC did provide accurate information to the MP office :-\

GCMS notes were requested in April 26-27 I don't exactly remember and received them couple days ago due date was May 5, and location is CEC pending.

::)

Yuva2599

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
madlouni said:
Me Me Me

MP told me I should hear by mid June fingers crossed CIC did provide accurate information to the MP office :-\

GCMS notes were requested in April 26-27 I don't exactly remember and received them couple days ago due date was May 5, and location is CEC pending.

::)
Met MP's office agent and requested her to find out the details..hopefully i get some news this week and also i have applied for GCMS..

all the best guys...

Gibinjoseph

Jan 2, 2015
Got my GCMS today which says due date was May 21st. Eligibility passed, Medical passed, Criminality passed, RPRF paid, Security Pending. MP's office said everything is passed and they are in final stage of approving my application. I have given PCC along with my application. So just patiently waiting. Got my BOWP in mail today which was applied on Sept 21st 2015.

APP 16th oct 2014
AOR 17th Feb 2015

sedatly

Apr 6, 2016
KK11 said:
4th line has been added in ECAS "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015".
Have you received any updates from CIC? I had the same line added recently, but I haven't heard anything yet.

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
Hi guys
Whats the best number and way to get to cic agent on phone.. Need to cancel my BoWP application.

KK11

Mar 21, 2016
sedatly said:
Have you received any updates from CIC? I had the same line added recently, but I haven't heard anything yet.
No nothing, I think it has been added automatically by the system.

KK11

Mar 21, 2016
How long does it take to receive work permit to our mail address? I am moving out to a different place in end of june. I haven't applied for a work permit yet but thinking to do so in one or two days. But I am confused which mailing address should I put?

THANKS

psab2014

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2015
Med's Request
March 11, 2016
Med's Done....
March 17, 2016
Interview........
RPRF March 14 (upfront)
Passport Req..
waiting :o
KK11 said:
How long does it take to receive work permit to our mail address? I am moving out to a different place in end of June. I haven't applied for a work permit yet but thinking to do so in one or two days. But I am confused which mailing address should I put?

THANKS
It takes about 10-15 days after being approved... Now the question is how long it takes to be approved. Some people have had it approved in 10 days, mine took about 2 months.

I would put the original address you live in now, then redirect your mail to the new address when you move in case you have not received it yet, instead of trying to change your address with CIC.

JDHALI48

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-OCT-2014
AOR Received.
26-FEB-2015
Med's Request
Upfront:08-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
June 2
Yuva2599 said:
Met MP's office agent and requested her to find out the details..hopefully i get some news this week and also i have applied for GCMS..

all the best guys...
I also went to my MP on Monday . MP office mentioned that I will hear within 10 days.

It is very frustrating that CIC is not even meeting the due date deadlines now. I think for all of remaining October applicants RFV/due date was in May but they are purposely delaying our PPR requests.

It is very sad and awful .Don't know when they gonna free us from this wait pain... :'(

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
Hang in there guys. Lets pray CIC wakes up soon.

One common thing I noticed in coupe of GCMS Notes is LOCATION : CEC PENDING. I also noticed that if they ask for any additional document request in April 2016, you see CEC Pending in your GCMS.

To all who got their GCMS notes recently, can you please check on page 2 and see if you have CEC PENDING?

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
Gibinjoseph said:
Got my GCMS today which says due date was May 21st. Eligibility passed, Medical passed, Criminality passed, RPRF paid, Security Pending. MP's office said everything is passed and they are in final stage of approving my application. I have given PCC along with my application. So just patiently waiting. Got my BOWP in mail today which was applied on Sept 21st 2015.

APP 16th oct 2014
AOR 17th Feb 2015
Can you check the file location on page 2?