+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC eligibility

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

My 1-year Canadian work experience is completing on July 4 exactly. I am wondering if i can submit my express entry profile on June 30 (4 days before) just so i don't miss the draw if it happens before July 4? Also, what documents do i need to have in hand at the time of submitting my profile and after the ITA? I know it's a broad question but i would really appreciate any leads and it could be helpful for many people on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

My 1-year Canadian work experience is completing on July 4 exactly. I am wondering if i can submit my express entry profile on June 30 (4 days before) just so i don't miss the draw if it happens before July 4? Also, what documents do i need to have in hand at the time of submitting my profile and after the ITA? I know it's a broad question but i would really appreciate any leads and it could be helpful for many people on this forum.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can do that.

Full details on what documents you need at each stage can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

You need to have IELTS at the time you submit your profile.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Work experience letter, salary slips, t4, Ielts, WES, PCC

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Do i need WES if i graduated from a Canadian university?
For PCC, do i also need to get one from Canada?
Sorry WES I am not sure but I assume it will be fine as only foreign qualifications need to be assessed. Yes if you are staying in Canada for more than 6 months you need it. Some people says it is not but I did it, atleast it won't give an extra excuse to the officer to delay your case so why not.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Sorry WES I am not sure but I assume it will be fine as only foreign qualifications need to be assessed. Yes if you are staying in Canada for more than 6 months you need it. Some people says it is not but I did it, atleast it won't give an extra excuse to the officer to delay your case so why not.
Agreed! I got PCC from Toronto but it's 6-months old now. Is it still valid or do I need to request a new one?
Also, do you think there are any chances for a score of 428 to get ITA in CEC?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, you can do that.

Full details on what documents you need at each stage can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

You need to have IELTS at the time you submit your profile.

Thanks for the reply! I do have IELTS.
I got a work experience letter from my current company almost 6-months ago, is it still valid or should i get a new one?
Also, my birth certificate is not fully in English but it does mention all important details in English, is it valid? if not, how can i get an English version for that? do i need to contact my country's embassy or some translation service?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply! I do have IELTS.
I got a work experience letter from my current company almost 6-months ago, is it still valid or should i get a new one?
Also, my birth certificate is not fully in English but it does mention all important details in English, is it valid? if not, how can i get an English version for that? do i need to contact my country's embassy or some translation service?
Its all good unless and until it mentions any date it is fine.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

yasar1990

Jun 2, 2022
The officer may ask for it(mentioned) and then you will spend extra time and delay for that. Why to delay that much? Already there are delays and waits why to add up another case to that backlog.
Hello,
So I have been researching about the different options me and my wife have for immigrating to Canada. My wife has graduated from Toronto this year with a three year PG Diploma course and we are applying for her PGWP outside Canada. I have mentioned the best possible pathways for immigration for us that I could think of, I would love to hear from you other possible ways that I am not aware of, if they exist. I have also mentioned some related queries, would appreciate the response from the community:

1. Pathways for immigration through my wife:

1.1. PGWP ------> 1 year Canada Work Experience ---------> CEC - My wife has studied almost 50% of her course online outside Canada as the University had announced that the course would be delivered online. Could it affect her PGWP ? Her Grad letter mentions her as a Full Time Student.

1.2. PGWP --------> Job Offer (Without LMIA)--------> OINP International Student Stream (PNP) - How often does Ontario hold this stream?

1.3. Express Entry ----------> FSW. - I read somewhere that express entry draw is going to see some major changes in terms of who gets the ITA. For example it is predicted that the draw will be based on On Demand Occupation instead of just CRS score. What are the odds?

2. Pathways for immigration through me:

2.1. Express Entry ---------> FSW - My CRS is 425 right now, I don't think I am going to get any ITA for FSW soon but I am expecting NOI from Alberta, AINP, what are my chances? If I gain Canadian experience without LMIA through SOWP will I be able to increase my CRS?

2.2 . SINP - No job offer required. - How often does Saskatchewan hold the PNP draw? I am a Civil Engineer with 10 years of experience, never been to Canada and have no connections there, what are my chances for SINP?

Thank you

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
WES is optional for CEC unless if the person wants to increase the CRS score or are not aware what will be the next CRS score or if the person studied in Canada for 1 Year then that person can go for WES.
I didn't have to do my WES evaluation and I didn't have to explain anything to the immigration officer. I know a lot of my friends didn't have to do it either.

Last edited:

yasar1990

Jun 2, 2022
WES is optional for CEC unless if the person wants to increase the CRS score or are not aware what will be the next CRS score or if the person studied in Canada for 1 Year then that person can go for WES.
I didn't have to do my WES evaluation and I didn't have to explain anything to the immigration officer. I know a lot of my friends didn't have to do it either.
Hey guys,
My wife has graduated in April this year but she has been in India since a year now as the courses were delivered online. Her Student Visa and Study permit are valid until November 2022, will she be able to travel to Canada on these documents given that she has already graduated. She is planning to go back to Canada and apply PGWP from there and also attend her convocation. Is it possible now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,
My wife has graduated in April this year but she has been in India since a year now as the courses were delivered online. Her Student Visa and Study permit are valid until November 2022, will she be able to travel to Canada on these documents given that she has already graduated. She is planning to go back to Canada and apply PGWP from there and also attend her convocation. Is it possible now?
Post your question to the International Students section of the forum vs. here. This thread is about CEC eligibility.