+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC eligibility work experience not enough

Fareeha Islam

Feb 21, 2024
I have been invited to apply for permanent residency under CEC and I submitted my application on October 30, 2023. I was working full time from May 2022 while I was a full time student(Nov-21 to Apr-23), and I continued that job after I graduated in April 2023. When I applied for the express entry in August 2023, I mentioned my work experience starting date as of May 2022. IRCC website counted that as a CEC and invited me to apply. IRCC thought I wasnt a student when I started working full time. Now when they are reviewing my eligibility, they sent me a letter stating “I have concerns that you were engaged in full-time studies until 2023/04 and that your work experience before graduation is not eligible under the criteria. As a result, you would only have 6 months of eligible work experience, and your application would not meet the requirements of the Canadian experience class.
Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information/documentation that would allay my concerns. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information by using your IRCC secure account within the time frame indicated above.”

It would be really helpful if you can advise me on my next steps. What should I do now?

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
It specifically says, both on the website and in the letter you have received, that work experience while studying does not count towards the requirements of the CEC.

You need another 6 months of work experience until you are eligible. Withdraw your application and wait for another invite in due course.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been invited to apply for permanent residency under CEC and I submitted my application on October 30, 2023. I was working full time from May 2022 while I was a full time student(Nov-21 to Apr-23), and I continued that job after I graduated in April 2023. When I applied for the express entry in August 2023, I mentioned my work experience starting date as of May 2022. IRCC website counted that as a CEC and invited me to apply. IRCC thought I wasnt a student when I started working full time. Now when they are reviewing my eligibility, they sent me a letter stating “I have concerns that you were engaged in full-time studies until 2023/04 and that your work experience before graduation is not eligible under the criteria. As a result, you would only have 6 months of eligible work experience, and your application would not meet the requirements of the Canadian experience class.
Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information/documentation that would allay my concerns. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information by using your IRCC secure account within the time frame indicated above.”

It would be really helpful if you can advise me on my next steps. What should I do now?
Withdraw your application. You don't qualify for CEC with this work experience. Once the application is withdrawn, create a new EE profile and wait for a new ITA.

Reactions: Fareeha Islam