+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicants without LMIA pay attention

MarCro

Feb 2, 2015
Here's what it says on Govt's site:

"If recruiting within Canada

If you have a positive LMIA for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry.
However, if the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry."

I'm currently working on a valid WP under approved LMO/LMIA and got the permanent job offer from the same employer. I answered "YES"

So, you think that's not right thing to do?
Why on earth would I answer "NO" and register to a job bank and search for a job while I'm working on an approved LMO and the same employer is giving me a job offer? Doesn't make any sense to me...

Anyways, I've been pulled for FSW but they canceled my ITA today due to their technical error and right after 5 mins they pulled me again for CEC.
That means that my EE profile is locked and can't change anything so my answer is "YES" and obviously stays yes.

:eek:

sl199221

Nov 7, 2017
I did not have job offer during ITA. However I had one and an LMIA for Global Talent Stream after that. I have submitted my EE FSW profile without it. No job offer no LMIA.

I am doing a separate temp work permit application along with my EE application with that job offer and LMIA.

Will it cause a problem ? Should I raise a case specific enquiry saying I have an LMIA and an offer, in my EE profile?