+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicants without LMIA pay attention

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I got an interesting email from CIC

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Under the Intended Work in Canada section of the Express Entry submission questionnaire, candidates are asked “Does [Candidate] have a job offer in Canada?” A candidate should only answer “Yes” if a Canadian employer has offered them a full-time, non-seasonal job for at least a year, and that job offer is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp).

Candidates who are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment should answer “No” to the question “Does [Candidate] have a job offer in Canada?” and they should create a Job Seeker account in Job Bank.

Please note that under the Intended Work in Canada section, candidates who indicate they are currently working in Canada are also asked for the four digit National Occupational Classification (NOC) code on their current work permit. Not all candidates working in Canada (such as those on post-graduate open work permits) will have a NOC code on their work permit. These candidates should identify the NOC code of the work they are currently doing in Canada.

This is an automated response – Do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That seems inconsistent with the EE questionnaire.

In the Application details under "Intended Work in Canada" it specifically asks "Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" and "Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" Things you can easily say no to without saying that you don't have a job offer at all.

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
toben said:

In the Application details under "Intended Work in Canada" it specifically asks "Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" and "Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" Things you can easily say no to without saying that you don't have a job offer at all.
Well what can I say, this all seems to be stupid and the Call center people don't know anything about it. Bloody frustrating

leights

Feb 20, 2015
toben said:

totally right - You'll find though you can say yes to the Job offer question but select no to an LMIA ( if your employer hasn't got) and your profile won't show that you have a job offer which is when you have to register with the Job bank.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
If you answer no Lmia in that section of intended work in CANADa, even if you are working there the application will show as incomplete.

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
jfalvitez said:
If you answer no Lmia in that section of intended work in CANADa, even if you are working there the application will show as incomplete.
This email from CIC does not make any sense. I am just gonna say yes to job offer (since I am still working with my company) and select no for LMIA.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Ritwick said:
This email from CIC does not make any sense. I am just gonna say yes to job offer (since I am still working with my company) and select no for LMIA.
You should do that but will still show as incomplete because when they refer to valid job offer they mean LMIA approved. Mine showed incomplete in that section and I had to register with the Job bank however I got PNP so got my points up.!

good luck

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfalvitez said:
This is not true!

leights

Feb 20, 2015
toben said:
This is not true!
This is true because a valid Job offer = LMIA approved, if you tick no to LMIA but yes to having been offered a job ( even though your employer hasn't got an LMIA for you) it still comes up as incomplete because it's not LMIA approved.. lol.. I know this by first hand experience because my job section wasn't met and had to register in the job bank even though I had a valid Job offer.. I got PNP though anyway with my Job offer so was all good.. however I applied under CEC, not sure about FSW..

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
leights said:
This is true because a valid Job offer = LMIA approved, if you tick no to LMIA but yes to having been offered a job ( even though your employer hasn't got an LMIA for you) it still comes up as incomplete because it's not LMIA approved.. lol.. I know this by first hand experience because my job section wasn't met and had to register in the job bank even though I had a valid Job offer.. I got PNP though anyway with my Job offer so was all good.. however I applied under CEC, not sure about FSW..
You are wrong. Right now I have said yes to job offer and no to LMIA and it does not say incomplete. Maybe it was an earlier bug which they removed.

leights

Feb 20, 2015
Ritwick said:
You are wrong. Right now I have said yes to job offer and no to LMIA and it does not say incomplete. Maybe it was an earlier bug which they removed.
Maybe it was, when I did my EE and ticked yes to Job offer and no to LMIA it approved my EE application but come up with Job offer = Not met because job offer = LMIA approved.. so not incomplete I meant.. we maybe talking about different areas of the form.. lol

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
leights said:
Maybe it was, when I did my EE and ticked yes to Job offer and no to LMIA it approved my EE application but come up with Job offer = Not met because job offer = LMIA approved.. so not incomplete I meant.. we maybe talking about different areas of the form.. lol

Hi, if you say "yes " to the question "do you have a job offer" and if you get the ITA, then you will need to prove it by uploading the documents.
its a head ache
I did it for my buddy, he got ITA and we were going through his application.
they were specifically asking about offer of employment document. which is different from reference letter.
Fortunately his employer supported him and he got the letter for "JOB OFFER".
so if someone doesn't have LMO or LMIA, i would suggest to do what CIC is saying, NO. Y why would you wana take this pain?

Not all employers will do do that.
his employer mentioned" if he gets PR, I will be happy to offer him a permanent job in my company" something like that. job offer letter is different.

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
abinto said:
Hi, if you say "yes " to the question "do you have a job offer" and if you get the ITA, then you will need to prove it by uploading the documents.
its a head ache
I did it for my buddy, he got ITA and we were going through his application.
they were specifically asking about offer of employment document. which is different from reference letter.
Fortunately his employer supported him and he got the letter for "JOB OFFER".
so if someone doesn't have LMO or LMIA, i would suggest to do what CIC is saying, NO. Y why would you wana take this pain?

Not all employers will do do that.
his employer mentioned" if he gets PR, I will be happy to offer him a permanent job in my company" something like that. job offer letter is different.
I see. Maybe I should remove it then. It's stupid through, coz I do have a job offer.

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for this thread Ritwick and thanks abinto for the info about your buddy's experience.

Man, now this means I should go back and update my EE profile again because of CIC's retarded structuring/wording of questions about job offers and LMIAs. I also have a valid job offer and I've been working full time here for about one year and a half, I'm just NAFTA so LMIA exempt for chrissake! It's not like I came to Canada to have fun in the snow and freezing rain.

Edit: I was just going to update my profile and change my answer about this but it seems the EE system is down. Please CIC gimme a break.

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
pixelfrontier said:
It's not like I came to Canada to have fun in the snow and freezing rain.
LOL ;D

Story of everyone here bro :)