+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
Hello guys,

I'm working full time as Retail store supervisor (will be 1 year in july) in alberta. I have graduated from 2 years program in canada and have post graduation work permit.
My current crs score is 405 including ielts.
As per this news I've read, it says alberta is inviting Express entry candidates to apply for provincial nominee.
https://www.cicnews.com/2019/05/alberta-invites-3357-express-entry-candidates-with-crs-scores-as-low-as-300-to-apply-for-provincial-nomination-0512283.html#gs.cakrxb

And my employer is also offering me lmia on on contract basis so I'm confused right now that should I go with ainp basis or lmia
Please help me

bin2333

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I was actually thinking to go with ainp bases but not too sure if I would qualify or get invitation for that.
they only require 300 CRS points under express entry,the thing you have to do is asking AINP office to determine whether you job is eligible to be invited by them

if not ,prepare your lmia as soon as possible.

Reactions: iJass

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
they only require 300 CRS points under express entry,the thing you have to do is asking AINP office to determine whether you job is eligible to be invited by them

if not ,prepare your lmia as soon as possible.
I'll contact ainp office.
Thank you for your help.

Gill beant

Apr 11, 2024
Hi there,I have full time 1 year experience as assistant cook and now I am working on save on foods as cashier more than a year.My pgwp is going to expire in july 2024.I am confused that in which category I can take LMIA in Alberta? Please give me suggestions

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,I have full time 1 year experience as assistant cook and now I am working on save on foods as cashier more than a year.My pgwp is going to expire in july 2024.I am confused that in which category I can take LMIA in Alberta? Please give me suggestions
Asking question from a post from 2019 and requirements have changed. Do you have employer willing to file for LMIA? Did you study in Alberta? What is your CRS score? Cashier is TEER 4 or 5 so not eligible for EE.

Gill beant

Apr 11, 2024
No,I had studied from montreal and my score is 447, file is already in pool.I have no employer yet. I m working on save on foods bc as a general clerk cashier,they don’t provide LMIA.Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No,I had studied from montreal and my score is 447, file is already in pool.I have no employer yet. I m working on save on foods bc as a general clerk cashier,they don’t provide LMIA.Thank you
So you need to find an employer to apply for a LMIA if you want to continue working in Canada. Your score is too low for EE. Don’t think Save-on-Foods will provide LMIA for a job. Need to increase your CRS score… maybe learn French.

Gill beant

Apr 11, 2024
Actually I want to move in Alberta but I m confused to select category for me.Should I continue in to food sector or cashier in alberta on LMIA. Please help me out .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually I want to move in Alberta but I m confused to select category for me.Should I continue in to food sector or cashier in alberta on LMIA. Please help me out .
What category are you talking about? Have you even talked to employers about getting a LMIA?

Gill beant

Apr 11, 2024
No, didn’t talk to anyone.actually I have experienced in food and cashier so I can get a job in these field easily .But I want to know that is there any pnp program in cashier stream ahead in Alberta for getting PR?