+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case enquiry?

James John

Jul 18, 2014
I sent a case enquiry. All they said the application was with the officer and they cannot give an exact time when will it finish

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
James John said:
I sent a case enquiry. All they said the application was with the officer and they cannot give an exact time when will it finish
Hey! Was that the reply to the case enquiry?? That its with the officer then good luck!! should come any day then? My dad annoyed VFS alot that they finally gave in and emailed the embassy and the embassy emailed back that mine is still in queue to be reviewed by an officer :(

James John

Jul 18, 2014
But you can never tell if they actually mean its with an officer, or its any of there meaningless talk. Its been more than a week since they told me its with the officer and nothing new yet. Thats what they said exactly: your applications are still with the officer to be assessed, we cannot give you an exact date when your applications get finalize.

James John

Jul 18, 2014
I have a question that I want the professionals of this website to answer it. Isn't the H&C officer different than the normal PRTD officer. For example when they said that my document is with the officer which officer do they mean? Is it possible that after 110 days its still with the normal PRTD officer?
Thank you

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
My dad called them almost everyday and they kept telling us to wait for 30days and after 30days were over he called again and told them it's taking time but like I had deadlines to pay for so if it was possible to contact the embassy to like make sure nothing is wrong with the application like not lost or anything that it's taking so long and they finally gave in. Are you going to apply for a UK visa as a backup?

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Here they told me its okay to ask for your passport without withdrawing your application.. If i didn't receive my passport by august 10, i will ask for my passport to apply to a UK student visa

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,
Yesterday I sent an email to the embassy that said:
I have applied for a travel document from VFS Khobar on 1st of March 2016. Its almost been 110 days and I haven't heard anything yet. I need my travel document as soon as possible because I want to join my university (Which is starting soon) and I want to settle in Canada before my university starts. Is it possible to know where did my application reach in the process? I would like to know if an officer started working on it or its still in queue to be reviewed by an officer. When is the expected time of receiving my application? I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you

Answer:
Dear Applicant,

Your application has been finalized, please wait for visa application center advise when you can collect your passport.

So my fellow friends when do you think things will be done?

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
James John said:
And its shipped out if the embassy now
OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO LUCKY :'( Could you send me the email address you sent it too?
Also do you plan on applying for a renewal as soon as you reach there or stay for 2years then apply?Congratulations again! See you at UfT if I get mine :'(

James John

Jul 18, 2014
I still didn't get my passport so i still don't know the answer. The email i sent it to is specific only for KSA. Hopefully tomorrow ill know the result. Ill apply directly for PR renewal if i was granted a TD. Hopefully you'll get yours soon

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
For the sake of other users:

You cannot renew your PR (status), but your PR CARD. PR card does expire, PR status doesn't just expire - huge difference!

It makes it easier for others (newcomers) by being clear about that!

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
James John said:
I still didn't get my passport so i still don't know the answer. The email i sent it to is specific only for KSA. Hopefully tomorrow ill know the result. Ill apply directly for PR renewal if i was granted a TD. Hopefully you'll get yours soon
aiiiiiite. Shoot me an email at nabeelah_09@hotmail.com pls would like to stay in personal contact to know about your process of renewing PR card if you don't mind?

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
Tri-Cities said:
For the sake of other users:

You cannot renew your PR (status), but your PR CARD. PR card does expire, PR status doesn't just expire - huge difference!

It makes it easier for others (newcomers) by being clear about that!
hi there! Uh what are the possible reasons for rejecting an application of renewing a PR card? My brother was advised by a lawyer there to wait for two years with the expired PR card and then apply for a renewal as it'd be safer?But I'll be a student there who will be staying there for 4-5 years for sure due to my intended study, do you think I'll have better chances at applying for a renewal of PR card as soon as I land instead of waiting 2 years?