+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver visa?

Mar 18, 2024
Yes but I dont understand how they get to canada in the first place with this. Do they have to find a employer while still outside canada or do they have to come to Canada first on visitors visa to find one.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes but I dont understand how they get to canada in the first place with this. Do they have to find a employer while still outside canada or do they have to come to Canada first on visitors visa to find one.
You need to do a job search and find an employer (in their own home) willing to support your PR and give you a job offer. Most get job offers through people they know. Coming to Canada will not really help as processing is around 3 years from when you apply. Pilot ends in June so new requirements will be announced or program is cancelled.

Mar 18, 2024
Ok so how does this person outside canada find a employer while outside canada? Like someone from in canada helps them find someone??

Mar 18, 2024
Ok. So basically you can find a employer than get job offer and apply for work permit to be caregiver plus PR than once you get that you can cometo canada and work as caregiver? Or can you come as visitor with work permit for caregiver? Than come to canada and work for so many months to get PR.
Sorry it's just so confusing. And I've tried to read about it but still confused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. So basically you can find a employer than get job offer and apply for work permit to be caregiver plus PR than once you get that you can cometo canada and work as caregiver? Or can you come as visitor with work permit for caregiver? Than come to canada and work for so many months to get PR.
Sorry it's just so confusing. And I've tried to read about it but still confused.
You need a job offer from an employer to apply through HCCP program. You need to meet requirements along with job offer. You apply and then wait for work permit (processing is about 36 months). Then you come to Canada and work for a year to gain experience to apply for PR. You cannot come as a visitor and work.

Program ends in a few months so wait for new rules.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is basically how it works:

- Find an employer in Canada who is willing to give you a job offer and go through the other processes to submit an application
- Apply to come to Canada as a caregiver
- Wait around 3 years to be approved before you can come to Canada and work