Med's Request
September 2013
Passport Req..
March 18, 2014, Decision Made on ecas on April 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 8, 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Hello! I am planning to apply under the January 2024 cap for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot and have a few questions, I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me here and answer my questions.

Q1 - I am in a position where I need both a Home Child Care Provider and a Home Support Worker for my kids and my elderly parents. Need to decide which path to take. OR can I sponsor my sister for both? Or 2 different relatives one for child care and the other for a home support worker?

Q2 - I assume I can only sponsor 1 person for 1 occupation, if I sponsor my sister for Home Support Worker Pilot to take care of my elderly parents, would my parents be the employer or can I be the employer? Considering my parent don’t work, they are PR but the my father has a disability status and my mother is on some mental health medications and they would not meet the employer requirements if they have to be an employer.

Q3 – Or if I sponsor my sister as Home Child Care Provider, would having parents at home would be an issue? Even though they can’t take care of the child due to their disabilities.

Q4 - Once the support worker is in Canada and I have to pay the salary, assuming I have put $17 an hour as salary, can I reduce the salary amount to $14 or $12 an hour if I am providing food and accommodation and other services to the sponsored support worker? Or what’s the other way to deduct the accommodation? I was thinking reduction in salary to minimize the tax impact. Also, salary has to be electronically transferred to the worker’s account or can it be cash?

Q5 - To register the payroll account do I just register one using the Domestic Worker Employer category? And that gives me a Business Number and use that Business Number to open a Payroll Deduction account? Is that correct?

Q6 – The requirement for employers in this pilot is that it must be a Family not a Business, but we are getting a Business Number, would that make us a Business? would that be ok with IRCC?

Q7 - Do I need to open a separate special bank account for Payroll purposes? If yes, what kind?

Thank you!

KNOCKCAN

Nov 17, 2023
hi,everyone.can you please help me on my IMM 5983,i need a step by step guide on how to fill it up the form.any link?any inputs will be much appreciated.
Employer Just needs to take business number from CRA, notice of assessment for how many years? and how much income they need if family is of 3 members. How we decide pay rate in this form and how long the contract should be ? Please advise me on this.

Silverblade

Nov 26, 2014
Calgary, Nigeria
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]Accra[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1224[/b][/color]
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]25:11:2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]CC: 20:01:2015[/b][/color]
AOR Received.
[color=purple][b]PER: 12:02:2015[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Submitted[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]08:09:2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]14:09:2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]NA[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]24:03:2016[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]07:04:2016[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=purple][b]03:09:2016[/b][/color]
Hello! I am planning to apply under the January 2024 cap for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot and have a few questions, I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me here and answer my questions.

Q1 - I am in a position where I need both a Home Child Care Provider and a Home Support Worker for my kids and my elderly parents. Need to decide which path to take. OR can I sponsor my sister for both? Or 2 different relatives one for child care and the other for a home support worker?

Before you apply you should first consider your household income and factor in the employment cos of your employers as well. Very the Low Income Cut Off (LICO) for your family size this will help you decide if you can accommodate 1 or 2 employers.

Q2 - I assume I can only sponsor 1 person for 1 occupation, if I sponsor my sister for Home Support Worker Pilot to take care of my elderly parents, would my parents be the employer or can I be the employer? Considering my parent don’t work, they are PR but the my father has a disability status and my mother is on some mental health medications and they would not meet the employer requirements if they have to be an employer.

I believe there can be just 1 employer, The person extending the job offer is automatically the Employer. Note you would have to show you can afford the employment costs involved.

Q3 – Or if I sponsor my sister as Home Child Care Provider, would having parents at home would be an issue? Even though they can’t take care of the child due to their disabilities.

Q4 - Once the support worker is in Canada and I have to pay the salary, assuming I have put $17 an hour as salary, can I reduce the salary amount to $14 or $12 an hour if I am providing food and accommodation and other services to the sponsored support worker? Or what’s the other way to deduct the accommodation? I was thinking reduction in salary to minimize the tax impact. Also, salary has to be electronically transferred to the worker’s account or can it be cash?

I believe you would have to comply with the minimum wage applicable to your province of residence, for instance if the minimum wage for your province is $17, you may not offer anything lower the stipulated wage. If you would be providing food, accommodation etc that should have been stated in your offer letter. About your payment option note you would have to register and get a Business number from the CRA this will track your payment. So note what ever for you choose you will be require to show accountability should you or your employer be audited

Q5 - To register the payroll account do I just register one using the Domestic Worker Employer category? And that gives me a Business Number and use that Business Number to open a Payroll Deduction account? Is that correct?

Yes that is accurate, You can contact the CRA for assistance on all deductions.

Q6 – The requirement for employers in this pilot is that it must be a Family not a Business, but we are getting a Business Number, would that make us a Business? would that be ok with IRCC?

I believe the Business Number registration is registered in the employers name so it counts for both Personal & Business. It is just called Business Number for payroll requirements.

Q7 - Do I need to open a separate special bank account for Payroll purposes? If yes, what kind?

A business account with Nil or minimal fees might assist to ensure accountability and payroll requirements in my opinion. Note you will have to disclose your Business number for account opening.

Thank you!

Caregiver2024

Dec 13, 2023
Hello everyone, please is $19.50 per hour okay for child care giver located in Brampton Ontario? And currently located in Canada what fees am I paying for the hccp application? Is open work permit and work permit extension included in the fees to be paid?