10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
Hi,

My father has been diagnosed with Cancer 5 months ago and the doctor says it is in large stage. But it has been 5 months he is recovering good. So what's the chance of getting his visa. Any help from senior members are appreciated.

M

mikeymyke

What family members does he have in Canada and back home? Does he own any property or business back home? Is he employed? How much money does he have in the bank?

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
mikeymyke said:
What family members does he have in Canada and back home? Does he own any property or business back home? Is he employed? How much money does he have in the bank?
He is my father and I am in Canada only with PR. My brother and sister is back home. He has business which he is closing. I am supporting him working here on PR

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jahanzaibkh said:
He is my father and I am in Canada only with PR. My brother and sister is back home. He has business which he is closing. I am supporting him working here on PR
1. He might have difficulty passing the medical and obtaining health insurance.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. He might have difficulty passing the medical and obtaining health insurance.
So what do you think I can do to call him here, As I want him to be here with me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your choice is either a regular visitor visa or a super visa. If he can obtain the required insurance then he can try applying for a super visa. If not, then he'll have to apply for a regular visitor visa.

Also note that in order to bring him to Canada on a super visa, you must have a job in Canada that meets the low income cut off.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
scylla said:
Your choice is either a regular visitor visa or a super visa. If he can obtain the required insurance then he can try applying for a super visa. If not, then he'll have to apply for a regular visitor visa.

Also note that in order to bring him to Canada on a super visa, you must have a job in Canada that meets the low income cut off.
Thanks. i will go for insurance then

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi All, I think this is my last chance to make my father visit Canada and see his grandchild. Please help me.

My father is a multiple myeloma patient. He is applying for a super visa and we were asked to submit an oncology report. Fathers' doctors are not very sure about how detailed this report should be. They are telling us that multiple myeloma does not have stages. They are asking us what we need to write there.

Can anybody send me a sample of the oncology report that you submitted, and was sufficient? below is what the referral letter asks,

A medical report from an oncologist is required. The applicant is reported to have multiple myeloma. We require a report clarifying/ confirming the applicant's diagnosis(including TNM classification and stage), management/ treatment needs (past, present, and over the next 5 years), and prognosis (including the likelihood of recurrence and an estimated 5-year survival rate) <if appropriate consider adding: please include your opinion on whether the applicant is likely to require therapy with a biologic medication within next 5 years>

Thank you all in advance!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All, I think this is my last chance to make my father visit Canada and see his grandchild. Please help me.

My father is a multiple myeloma patient. He is applying for a super visa and we were asked to submit an oncology report. Fathers' doctors are not very sure about how detailed this report should be. They are telling us that multiple myeloma does not have stages. They are asking us what we need to write there.

Can anybody send me a sample of the oncology report that you submitted, and was sufficient? below is what the referral letter asks,

A medical report from an oncologist is required. The applicant is reported to have multiple myeloma. We require a report clarifying/ confirming the applicant's diagnosis(including TNM classification and stage), management/ treatment needs (past, present, and over the next 5 years), and prognosis (including the likelihood of recurrence and an estimated 5-year survival rate) <if appropriate consider adding: please include your opinion on whether the applicant is likely to require therapy with a biologic medication within next 5 years>

Have your doctors review how the stages are classified in Canada.

https://cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-types/multiple-myeloma/staging

I can't help with the rest of your questions.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

This is a tricky situation. On top of the super visa application, you will need to make sure that you have enough savings in case he needs any treatment during his visit in Canada. Most travel health insurance will not cover any pre-existing condition.

You may want to have a plan B to bring your children to visit your father.

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
This is a tricky situation. On top of the super visa application, you will need to make sure that you have enough savings in case he needs any treatment during his visit in Canada. Most travel health insurance will not cover any pre-existing condition.

You may want to have a plan B to bring your children to visit your father.
To be honest I am not planning they will stay with me for more than 2 months at a stretch. I just want to show them Canada for a couple of months and make them happy before their time is over. I know that I can still apply for visitor visa, not a super visa due to the health condition. But they got visitor visa rejection last year due to lack of home ties back home as I am the only child and both my parents are retired. My father can bring his usual medicine when he is coming to Canada and I can still pay for other complications at the time he is here. I know I am taking a risk. But I am a desperate child.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
To be honest I am not planning they will stay with me for more than 2 months at a stretch. I just want to show them Canada for a couple of months and make them happy before their time is over. I know that I can still apply for visitor visa, not a super visa due to the health condition. But they got visitor visa rejection last year due to lack of home ties back home as I am the only child and both my parents are retired. My father can bring his usual medicine when he is coming to Canada and I can still pay for other complications at the time he is here. I know I am taking a risk. But I am a desperate child.
I understand. Good luck with the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your father can still be asked to complete a mefical for the TRV application and given that his multiple myeloma is known to IRCC you will likely be required ti provide similar evidence about his current health, treatment and prognosis.

Reactions: Didzsam

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
@Didzsam i am on the same boat, my father has multiple myeloma(2009) and he is stable since his bone marrow transplant in 2014 and taking oral medicine since then. Can you share your Oncology report and I can work with our oncologist to prepare something similar.