+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canceling repretative

Tony81

Oct 14, 2021
Hello all, I've recently got a positive decision from IRB and now I'm a protected person in Canada.
my lawyer is asking me for 3500 Cad for working an applying for PR this amount doesn't include the PR fees.
I can not pay this amount of money and my question, How do I cancel my representative? Who do I need to inform? Can I apply for PR alone? I want the correspondence to be between me & the government, how can I do that, thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, I've recently got a positive decision from IRB and now I'm a protected person in Canada.
my lawyer is asking me for 3500 Cad for working an applying for PR this amount doesn't include the PR fees.
I can not pay this amount of money and my question, How do I cancel my representative? Who do I need to inform? Can I apply for PR alone? I want the correspondence to be between me & the government, how can I do that, thank you
Talk to your lawyer to cancel and get your file information. Did you sign a contract/agreement for services? If so, you may be responsible to pay to get your file information. You can apply for PR on your own.

Reactions: Tony81

Tony81

Oct 14, 2021
Talk to your lawyer to cancel and get your file information. Did you sign a contract/agreement for services? If so, you may be responsible to pay to get your file information. You can apply for PR on your own.
Thank you for your answer, but what do you mean by file information, I have a copy of all the documents that he submitted in my application and I singed only on use representative form.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your answer, but what do you mean by file information, I have a copy of all the documents that he submitted in my application and I singed only on use representative form.
You said - I want the correspondence to be between me & the government, how can I do that, thank you. Isn't that your file information that your lawyer would have? If you have all the documents then what more do you need?

Tony81

Oct 14, 2021
You said - I want the correspondence to be between me & the government, how can I do that, thank you. Isn't that your file information that your lawyer would have? If you have all the documents then what more do you need?
My question is how to update the government and tell them to stop sending any future emails, mails l, letters and documents to my lawyer in other words how to replace and change the contact information that everything come to me

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
There are many organizations funded by government will help you free of cost to apply for residency If you are in Quebec province
I think you should go for these organisation !!!!

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
@Tony81 Here is the link to remove legal representation on your file.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html
Also, there are non - governmental organizations that can help out in completing the PR form. You can check your provincial website for directory.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
you don’t need to contact your lawyer. You can create PR application by yourself its super easy. I had representative too but all i did was fill pr application and submitted now i get everything not my representative

Reactions: scylla and Tony81

Tony81

Oct 14, 2021
you don’t need to contact your lawyer. You can create PR application by yourself its super easy. I had representative too but all i did was fill pr application and submitted now i get everything not my representative
Thank you Sohaib, your answer is highly appreciated

Reactions: sohaib1