+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel application!! Help please

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023
If you have an answer just say it, if not just look for something else to do other than just trying to be annoying. Unless this is your main source of income

Reactions: stevogooner

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have an answer just say it, if not just look for something else to do other than just trying to be annoying. Unless this is your main source of income
What? I have given you a lot of advice. We do it for free. Your immigration lawyer said it was an unenforceable removal order. I don’t think it is. I stated that if you didn’t apply for a study permit while your spouse’s visa is valid that it is being processed outland.

If you want to leave the country, then you can leave. You don’t need to cancel your study permit application. if you want to then submit a webform and withdraw it. Whether you get a refund depends on whether your file has been opened and begun the review process.

All the best.

Reactions: tokyotsui

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Simple. Send them a web form to request the withdrawal then book tickets for home.

Instructions are on the IRCC website, very straightforward.

If you want detailed step by step answers ask nicely or get a (paid) immigration lawyer.

Reactions: Naturgrl and YVR123

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023
What? I have given you a lot of advice. We do it for free. Your immigration lawyer said it was an unenforceable removal order. I don’t think it is. I stated that if you didn’t apply for a study permit while your spouse’s visa is valid that it is being processed outland.

If you want to leave the country, then you can leave. You don’t need to cancel youri a study permit application. if you want to then submit a webform and withdraw it. Whether you get a refund depends on whether your file has been opened and begun the review process.

All the best.
I am asking nicely, but once I mentioned the word lawyer you guys just like gave the feeling that i idk what i did!!
i keep saying that i never had a lawyer and you guys keep mentioning that lawyer even after i said I don’t have a lawyer..
Thank you though.

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
I just want to emphasize the fact that we are all (current or former) applicants like you who volunteer our time answering questions based on our own experience which may not be applicable to everyone one-size-fits-all.

I am a recently approved PR and still here trying to help others as I DIYed the whole journey. Based on the information you provided: I can say your status are messed up. Always a bad thing being inland without status. And programs under 6 months does not need a SP so probably your application will be refused anyways.

My advise is: restore your husband’s status as visitor. Get yourself/himself a program longer than 6 months, get a SP, then SOWP, pretty much a fresh start.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just want to emphasize the fact that we are all (current or former) applicants like you who volunteer our time answering questions based on our own experience which may not be applicable to everyone one-size-fits-all.

I am a recently approved PR and still here trying to help others as I DIYed the whole journey. Based on the information you provided: I can say your status are messed up. Always a bad thing being inland without status. And programs under 6 months does not need a SP so probably your application will be refused anyways.

My advise is: restore your husband’s status as visitor. Get yourself/himself a program longer than 6 months, get a SP, then SOWP, pretty much a fresh start.

Good luck.
The only issue is that there is a somewhat new rule which prevents couples from extending their status by taking turns get permits while other one gets SOWP. Based on the new rules the husband shouldn’t qualify for an SOWP.

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023
The only issue is that there is a somewhat new rule which prevents couples from extending their status by taking turns get permits while other one gets SOWP. Based on the new rules the husband shouldn’t qualify for an SOWP.
Can you please explain a little more about the new rule, or if you can please share a link.
Thank you

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023

Good luck.
A quick question,
The restoration fees and application he submitted now for work permit should keep him at least for now legally in Canada, even if he got refused later?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am asking nicely, but once I mentioned the word lawyer you guys just like gave the feeling that i idk what i did!!
i keep saying that i never had a lawyer and you guys keep mentioning that lawyer even after i said I don’t have a lawyer..
Thank you though.
What program have you applied for? Do you have proof that this will advance your career? Help you when you return to your home country? I’m afraid it will be quite clear that you are just applying to study to remain in Canada and won’t be considered a genuine student. You would be the only one working. If you and your spouse no longer have status that also means no healthcare either which is always concerning when you have a baby.

Is your husband’s previous employer willing to apply for an LMIA? Do you qualify for any PR programs?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A quick question,
The restoration fees and application he submitted now for work permit should keep him at least for now legally in Canada, even if he got refused later?
He doesn’t have status but he should be fine remaining in Canada until he hears about his restoration application. Applying for a new WP doesn’t give him any status. Canada is pretty slow to remove people and many people never get a removal order so I wouldn’t worry about someone coming to your door like in the US immigration. If you ever get contacted by CBSA you can show them that you are applying for restoration.

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023
we are not planning to stay here with this situation, even if my husband is legally here. We are paying a lot, and we pay for every visit to the doctor, we have no income in Canada and we just burning our savings…
I am a dentist, i can make good money immediately in my country, its not easy to stay here just to wait.
Also, we are not using this student visa to stay in Canada, we both have eta visas and its valid until 2026. We can enter Canada legally and visit here anytime. I really want to improve my professional life since i am young and i already halfway to get Phd degree which is not available in my country. In addition to all that; we enjoyed Canada and we loved Nova Scotia and the people living here and how safe and multicultural this country is.
we will be more than happy if we stay for few years or permanently It’s really nice and welcoming place, and my husband liked his job here. But we won’t do it in any illegal way or by lying about our status.