+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Women Marrying Moroccan Man

tanyamort

Dec 21, 2009
Hello,
I am going to be marrying a moroccan man in May 2010 and we will be filing the paperwork so I can sponsor him to come to Canada once I return from our marriage. I am wondering if there are any canadian women that would like to share their stories with me either here or by email. Id like to find someone in the same situation as myself, single, never been married, no children and the same for my husband to be. We know and have heard from some blogs that it can take up to a year to have a moroccan man come to canada but i would like to get experiences of those who have gotten their husbands to canada or those who are still in the process. I live in Nova Scotia and was hoping to find someone in a similar situation here in the Maritimes trying to do what I am doing. Looking forward to meeting whomever wishes to discuss this with me further. Thank you for your time and thank you for listening
:)

Sher10

Dec 15, 2009
Congrats!

Make sure you and your husband have enough evidence. Pictures, phone bills, Emails, if cards mailed to each other, letters to each other and so on and on ....

to check the processing time in Africa click on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/12-ref-dependants.asp

best of luck!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...

Canadian womEn marrying Moroccan man? Unfortunately Canada does not recognize polygamous marriages even if they are performed in a country where they are legal, so only the first woman who married him would be legally considered his wife...

tanyamort

Dec 21, 2009
Karlshammar said:
Hi...

Canadian womEn marrying Moroccan man? Unfortunately Canada does not recognize polygamous marriages even if they are performed in a country where they are legal, so only the first woman who married him would be legally considered his wife...
Hello, I am sorry if I wrote Canadian WOMEN. I should have written I am a canadian woman who is marrying a moroccan man. Sorry for the confusion. There is no polygamous marriage here and I would NEVER be involved in one.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ooops! Sorry about that! I didn't mean to sound insulting!

I'm a man who was sponsored myself to come to Canada, though I'm Swedish and not Moroccan. Except for some paperwork details most things are the same, though, so feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

tanyamort said:
Hello, I am sorry if I wrote Canadian WOMEN. I should have written I am a canadian woman who is marrying a moroccan man. Sorry for the confusion. There is no polygamous marriage here and I would NEVER be involved in one.

tanyamort

Dec 21, 2009
Karlshammar said:
Ooops! Sorry about that! I didn't mean to sound insulting!

I'm a man who was sponsored myself to come to Canada, though I'm Swedish and not Moroccan. Except for some paperwork details most things are the same, though, so feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)
No worries. I am just glad that you understand now :))
My fiancee and I would like to get some peoples perspective on the paperwork needed to get married (For the most part, we know what we need) however we just want to get other peoples views and what are other peoples stories but not just to get married but also when i am going to try to sponsor him after we are married. I have spoken to a canadian man on the phone who married a moroccan woman and that was quite interesting however I am trying to find a canadian womans point of view (no offense to you of course) but mostly I am just looking to find as much information as I possibly can prior to getting married and prior to the sponsorship process so we both know what we will be up against. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the response. :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe! I'm not Canadian and not a woman, so I don't think your profile. :) I (and many others here) know a lot about paperwork though.

If you want to do some self-help www.cic.gc.ca has all the forms and lists of paperwork you will need to file. The individual provinces' websites have all the information about getting married, which is very simply and easy in Canada. Quebec is a little more difficult than the other provinces, but nothing major.

I have no idea about getting married in Morocco, if that is where you are planning to get married, though.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody,,,i would love to say that it's a good subject,,,im morocan guy who is gonna get married soon with a wonderful canadian woman soon,,,my fiançay is from newfoundland,,,and im asking if it's necessary for a mixte marriage here in morocco,that my fiançay gets a certificate of single from canada,,,because i have been looking at moroccan governement website about mixte marriage,they didnt mention it,and when i was in court family to get information,they havent sayd anything about it,,,
so what do you think?
thank you very much

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
There is a huge thread about marrying in Morocco... All of the answers to your questions are in here... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.2505.html

Also, here is everything needed for a Canadian marrying a Moroccan...

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

But if it is a Canadian with Moroccan parents, he/she must marry the Moroccan - Moroccan way.

In addition to this, have your spouse contact the Adul (Marriage agent) to see if he requires anything extra, in terms of paper work.

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey yall, Canadian native american here from newbrunswick, sponsored my HUbby sent out paper march 31th, first stage approval April 15th, " IN process" By april 24th. were on our 9th month,,,I miss my husband alot :( waiting sucks. were not sure if he needs interview or not, BUt im sure he will have a interview. Do most of them get interview or is it waved? dunno..let me know thanks alot, great forum..sign NATIVE

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Native said:
hey yall, Canadian native american here from newbrunswick, sponsored my HUbby sent out paper march 31th, first stage approval April 15th, " IN process" By april 24th. were on our 9th month,,,I miss my husband alot :( waiting sucks. were not sure if he needs interview or not, BUt im sure he will have a interview. Do most of them get interview or is it waved? dunno..let me know thanks alot, great forum..sign NATIVE
Most have an interview.

PMM

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THnxxxx PMM, WISH he didnt have to go to interview but its okay....just wish to hear from them soon

ssalical

Jan 25, 2012
Hi there. I am also from New Brunswick and planning on marrying a Moroccan man. Can you give any advice or tell me about your experience? Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ssalical said:
Hi there. I am also from New Brunswick and planning on marrying a Moroccan man. Can you give any advice or tell me about your experience? Thank you so much!
Try the Morocco thread. There's a ton of information there:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.4725.html

Jessikam

Mar 11, 2013
Hi all, I'm new to this page. I'm canadian getting married to a Moroccan man this summer inshallah, I just want to ask you generous people for you advice, what I should and shouldn't do. What do I have to do to save time and get married quicker. I also want to know what papers do I need to take to get married there, and apply for a visa straight away. I don't want to go to morocco and find out that I have things missing. Please help! Thank you. :)