+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Transit Visa Processing Time for the Past 6 months from London Office

Mar 21, 2024
Hi,

Last month, I applied for a Canadian Transit Visa from London. It says on the website of Canadian Immigration that it could take up to 240 days for a Visitor Visa to be processed. I was just wondering how accurate that estimate is by asking the people who have successfully applied for a Canadian Transit Visa from London in the past 6 months. How long did it take you?

Best,

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I applied 4 weeks ago but later I withdraw the file. I got my withdrawal letter 2 weeks later after the submission meanwhile eligibility and background check was started but I don't want to take risk of uncertain processing time and rejections so I withdraw my file and book my tickets for USA with Virgin airlines with Netherlands stop and then Newyork.

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
I applied 4 weeks ago but later I withdraw the file. I got my withdrawal letter 2 weeks later after the submission meanwhile eligibility and background check was started but I don't want to take risk of uncertain processing time and rejections so I withdraw my file and book my tickets for USA with Virgin airlines with Netherlands stop and then Newyork.
Was the background and eligibility started after you withdrew your file? And when did you apply? Was it from the UK for visitor visa?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Was the background and eligibility started after you withdrew your file? And when did you apply? Was it from the UK for visitor visa?
Holding Indian nationality and currently living in UK. I applied on 2rd March and after doing deep research I simply withdraw my file on 3rd March and cancel flight booking and book another ticket via Netherland meanwhile eligibility and background was started around 5th March so yes I already submitted withdrawal request but still some movements in file and 12th March I got BIL and Withdrawal letter for transit visa.

On the top of that, I have already applied for visit visa in Sep 23 under CAN+ but till now no revert at all.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
My Canada visit visa file is already under process from last 8 months and meanwhile I applied for transit visa but later I cancelled my flight and withdraw transit visa file within 24 hours because processing time is unpredictable and I can't take risk for my US trip so I cancelled flight ticket and book another one for USA.

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
My Canada visit visa file is already under process from last 8 months and meanwhile I applied for transit visa but later I cancelled my flight and withdraw transit visa file within 24 hours because processing time is unpredictable and I can't take risk for my US trip so I cancelled flight ticket and book another one for USA.
Maybe you should email them if it’s been 8 months given the processing time is about 8 months.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Maybe you should email them if it’s been 8 months given the processing time is about 8 months.
I tried but every time I got automated email. Additionally, I contacted local MP in Feb 2024 but still no movement in the file. They told me to wait till 4 May 2024 if nothing comes then they will again submit an inquiry.

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
I tried but every time I got automated email. Additionally, I contacted local MP in Feb 2024 but still no movement in the file. They told me to wait till 4 May 2024 if nothing comes then they will again submit an inquiry.
When you contacted an MP, how long did it take for you to hear back? You applied on September right? It seems everywhere is normal except the London Visa Office.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I contacted them in 2nd Feb 2024 and I got update in tracker that your file is received typical generic response and then after no update at all till now. Seems like they are not listening to their MP's then who we are to expect answer via webform.

Mar 21, 2024
8 months is a ridiculous wait for a visitor visa. They should just not allow people to make an application if it's gonna take this long.

Reactions: cmntz

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I contacted them in 2nd Feb 2024 and I got update in tracker that your file is received typical generic response and then after no update at all till now. Seems like they are not listening to their MP's then who we are to expect answer via webform.
i reached out to MP in hope of someone will look at the file because its been 9 months