+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
If someone is going to go through Oath soon and proactively is preparing the passport application paperwork, does it matter when the gurantor signs? (The form asks when the gurantor signs). Does the gurantor sign date have to be after the Oath date or it doesnt matter as long as the passport application date signed by the applicant is after the oath date and launched atleast 2-3 days after the oath?

yanyanli

Jan 11, 2015
Folks,

I just want to know how can we send our passport application form, in person or through mail? We fill the form by handwriting or type it? how many days can we receive our passport after we submitting application form?

Thanks

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yanyanli said:
Folks,

I just want to know how can we send our passport application form, in person or through mail? We fill the form by handwriting or type it? how many days can we receive our passport after we submitting application form?

Thanks
In person or through mail and you can type it or handwrite it. Now if you wanna save some time apply in person and type the form. When the form is typed they just scan the code to process all the information.

yanyanli

Jan 11, 2015
Goldline said:
In person or through mail and you can type it or handwrite it. Now if you wanna save some time apply in person and type the form. When the form is typed they just scan the code to process all the information.
Thank you very much! your information is so helpful. I am going to type but can I also type the guarantor's information then he just sign?

yanyanli

Jan 11, 2015
Goldline said:
Do you know can i submit a copy of my health card as my identity?

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
+1. Also you get your ID and Citizenship Certificate back straight away if you do it at a Passport Canada office. I did it in Vancouver and it was very efficient. The process/waiting at the office took about 45 minutes and then I got the passport about 6 business days later.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yanyanli said:
I am going to type but can I also type the guarantor's information then he just sign?
You cannot type the guarantor's information. It will not let you do it because they want the guarantor to handwrite his information. Type everything else and take the form to your guarantor to include his info and sign.

Reactions: JensonP

yanyanli

Jan 11, 2015
Goldline said:
You cannot type the guarantor's information. It will not let you do it because they want the guarantor to handwrite his information. Type everything else and take the form to your guarantor to include his info and sign.
Thank you very much!

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
A few questions for the experts:

1) For section 3 of the Passport Application form: Previous Canadian Travel Document - what does this refer to? Would a PR card fall under this?
2) Regarding references, does it matter if the two references are related but neither are related to the passport applicant?

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Example: a PR travels to France for 2 months and his PR card expires while there. The PR can apply for a Canadian travel document, which will enable him re-enter Canada (assuming ofcourse he meets residency obligations).
Also, some refugee claimants are issued travel documents which they use instead of their home country passport.

So no, a PR card would not fall under this. If you have never applied for such a document and are not a refugee claimant who received such a document, then you don't have a "previous Canadian travel document".

2. I don't think it matters. The main thing is, they can not be your family members. If they have a problem with it, they will contact you to request another reference. Many times they don't even call references (they never called mine).

Note: make sure you complete the application entirely, sign and date it before giving it to your guarantor to fill out.

wanabecanadian said:

1) For section 3 of the Passport Application form: Previous Canadian Travel Document - what does this refer to? Would a PR card fall under this?
2) Regarding references, does it matter if the two references are related but neither are related to the passport applicant?

Thanks

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanabecanadian said:

Thanks
1-......Has a Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) been issued to you and is it still
PR card is not a travel document.
2-It dosen t matter if they are related.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Ok thanks, this brings up my last question then - what constitutes a family as per CIC definition.. Would the applicant's spouse's aunt (aunt-in-law) be eligible to be used as a reference or is she family.. (not sure if relative limitations apply only to a guarantor or references as well)?

Thanks

SenoritaBella said:
1. Example: a PR travels to France for 2 months and his PR card expires while there. The PR can apply for a Canadian travel document, which will enable him re-enter Canada (assuming ofcourse he meets residency obligations).
Also, some refugee claimants are issued travel documents which they use instead of their home country passport.

So no, a PR card would not fall under this. If you have never applied for such a document and are not a refugee claimant who received such a document, then you don't have a "previous Canadian travel document".

2. I don't think it matters. The main thing is, they can not be your family members. If they have a problem with it, they will contact you to request another reference. Many times they don't even call references (they never called mine).

Note: make sure you complete the application entirely, sign and date it before giving it to your guarantor to fill out.