+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Yes, you need to go back couple of pages before, there was someone whose credit card expired and they had to call and transfer their application. Check the previous pages in this thread.
Today I call again, it seem everything is ok but I was asked if I want to transfer and I say no and was told ETA mid July

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
We are flying on July 22nd, still waiting on 2 kids passports that we sent on April 30th, received at Gatineau May 5th. Everything has been scanned in, payment has been taken. Do you think the passport office would be able to transfer the file and get the passports printed if I walked in without an appointment? My nearest office is Winnipeg.
you should call in early morning and talk to them... Im 2 day early then you

lotso8u

Sep 17, 2021
I received my son's original birth certificate but they have also mailed the pre-paid envelope back. No passport in it. Should i be concerned?

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I observe that there is a stall in receiving passports. In past pages we saw the applicants of early and mid March started receiving their passports and now we see the Mid April applicants started receiving their passports. However, the ones who applied in late March and early April have no clue what is happening to their applications. Even if they call, they are simply told that their application is under review but no further information is given. Its very stressful.
My timeline
Mailed Xpresspost from Ontario to Gatineau: March 30
Received: April 1
CC charged: April 27 at Varennes Gatinueau
Sent Status request: April 20
Automated reply received: May 28 (In examination)
Called: May 18 (Got the file # )
Sent another status request: June 6
Called: June 9 (Under review, no notes on the file)

Whenever I call they say, you may call after 2 weeks again if passport not received. I am thinking about purchasing a ticket and transfering file to a local office but am not clear about the original citizenship certificate how and when I will get it back?

We have the same timeline, same dates.

Looks like we are in a blackhole.

However last time I called they said file is updated to July 5 and it might be mail out date.

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hi, I applied for my passport 3 days before your application. How do you know that a tracking number was created? I have a personal account with Canada Post. Is this how you get the notification?

Thanks!
I got a email from canada post, telling me the parcel/package was enroute, with the tracking number in the email.
I am not expecting anything else, so fingers crossed, this is my passport…………….

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Just disgusting, when will the utter disregard for new Canadians ever end.
It will never end if you keep voting for the same INCOMPETENT people over and over, just because they claim to be on the side of immigrants!

As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result!

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
It will never end if you keep voting for the same INCOMPETENT people over and over, just because they claim to be on the side of immigrants!

As Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result!
Not to derail this thread but can I just point out that this statement is, by far, the most hilarious one I've ever seen?

We're new Canadians. We've never voted for any political party here locally, for any federal election.

So in no way is this our fault and literally not one of the political parties at a federal level has made 'new Canadians' a part of their political platform or promised to deliver passports on time.

By all means, have your grievances to the Liberals; let's not pretend that any of the people applying for their first passports in here (not renewals) are to blame for this situation.

mike00205

May 11, 2022
Hello all,
My girlfriend applied to renew her passport in late-March,
CC got charged: April 14.
After a bunch of calls, she was able to pick up her passport in June 1st (North York).
However, she still hasn't received back all her documents yet (Citizenship Certificate).
She needs it for something ASAP and we are getting frustrated that we still haven't gotten it.
She called bunch of times since June 10th and they are giving different answers every time she calls.
When she called the first time, she got the tracking number but the number is still not valid today.
So she called Canada Post and they said they haven't received anything under that tracking number and assumed the documents are still in Passport Office's mailing box.
She called the next day and the person said that they haven't shipped it out yet.
and the next day she called and they said they shipped it out on June 10th.
She also asked if we can pick it up at the Quebec office but they said we can't (we live 4.5 hrs from the office).

Did anyone else encounter this problem?
How long did everyone take for their documents to be mailed back after getting their passport?
I am just really surprised how they still haven't send out the package that was supposed to be sent out almost 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
My girlfriend applied to renew her passport in late-March,
CC got charged: April 14.
After a bunch of calls, she was able to pick up her passport in June 1st (North York).
However, she still hasn't received back all her documents yet (Citizenship Certificate).
She needs it for something ASAP and we are getting frustrated that we still haven't gotten it.
She called bunch of times since June 10th and they are giving different answers every time she calls.
When she called the first time, she got the tracking number but the number is still not valid today.
So she called Canada Post and they said they haven't received anything under that tracking number and assumed the documents are still in Passport Office's mailing box.
She called the next day and the person said that they haven't shipped it out yet.
and the next day she called and they said they shipped it out on June 10th.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?
How long did everyone take for their documents to be mailed back after getting their passport?
I am just really surprised how they still haven't send out the package that was supposed to be sent out almost 2 weeks ago.
There should be a different thread for "original documents return timeline" because we all are facing the same issue.

I am in the same boat. Waiting since 3 months

mike00205

May 11, 2022
There should be a different thread for "original documents return timeline" because we all are facing the same issue.

I am in the same boat. Waiting since 3 months
Sorry to hear you're in the same situation.
Did you receive any tracking number from them??
I am afraid that they lost her documents.

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Anyone here who recently applied for a passport for travel to US by car? we are planning to go in a month and I need to apply for my family member but we are planning to travel by car. Is a letter explaining the travel and hotel booking with payment sufficient or no?