+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration for IT employees

kushalpuri

Jun 29, 2008
Hi Friends,

I am in US for H1-B visa and planning to apply for Canadian immigration. I have total of 11 years of experience in Computers (Website development & QA Lead).

I have given the evaluation test and results are not on positive side.

Kindly suggest the process or other alternate way to process this.

Thanks for your help !

kashka

May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-07-2013 (PER)
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014 Med's Received 06-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
What do you mean the results weren't on the positive side?

pr4rajesh

Jun 16, 2014
Chennai India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER- 27-Oct-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
27-Jan-2015
Med's Request
10-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2015
no can help without explaining what is not on positive side

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Hi

I am also in similar situation , I am here in US on H4 and we are are planning to apply for FSW program 2014. I have assessed my score and it seems I am eligible. I'll be starting my process with a consultant in Canada but as this program has been out since May 2014 and there is a cap of 25000 with individual cap of 1000 I am not sure about making it in the cap ?

alwaysonnet

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014
File Transfer...
04-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2015<br>Third line ... : 28-01-2015<br>Decision made ... : 07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2015
MYNK said:
Hi

I am also in similar situation , I am here in US on H4 and we are are planning to apply for FSW program 2014. I have assessed my score and it seems I am eligible. I'll be starting my process with a consultant in Canada but as this program has been out since May 2014 and there is a cap of 25000 with individual cap of 1000 I am not sure about making it in the cap ?
Without knowing about your NOC, how can you judge yourself that you would be out of cap.

Do you have Ielts ready with at least 6 in all modules?
Do you have wes report ready four your educational qualification?

If you don't have any of these then you are not eligible to apply.

First get these ready and think about the cap. You don't need consultant for these imho

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
I have initiated my eca process and will take ielts in first week of Aug. I may be applying under 2173.. is there anything else i can do while these things are going on??

kushalpuri

Jun 29, 2008
sorry for delay in response !

After completing the evaluation test, I saw the following result !

Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicates whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

what should be the next step?

Kindly guide

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kushalpuri said:
sorry for delay in response !

After completing the evaluation test, I saw the following result !

Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicates whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

what should be the next step?

Kindly guide
I still don't understand. Give full details please.

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Hi

I have received my IELTS results and ECA , now I am looking for reference letter , I had worked with different companies in past 7 years as Software Engineer on dataware housing especially with IBM Cognos , SSRS and MSTR reporting. I am looking to apply under 2173 software engineer category but not sure what to get in reference letter and do I need it from all my employees ?

I have all my appointment letters and reliving letters from all organizations do I still need reference letters ?

Please post here if you get some updates over it

Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MYNK said:
Hi

I have received my IELTS results and ECA , now I am looking for reference letter , I had worked with different companies in past 7 years as Software Engineer on dataware housing especially with IBM Cognos , SSRS and MSTR reporting. I am looking to apply under 2173 software engineer category but not sure what to get in reference letter and do I need it from all my employees ?

I have all my appointment letters and reliving letters from all organizations do I still need reference letters ?

Please post here if you get some updates over it

Thanks
How about you read the document checklist. That would be a good start.

The only way you will get points for your experience is if you provide employer reference letters that describe your job duties performed while working for them. I'm guessing your appointment and relieving letters don't contain this information, at least not at a sufficient level of detail to convince CIC that your duties match the NOC you state on your form. It can be any NOC at skill type 0 or skill level A or B but you need a minimum of 1 year under the NOC under which you are applying.

You should at least attempt to get letters from all employers in the past 10 years, but if you can't get some, just explain why. You only get points if you convince CIC that your duties match.

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
thanks futur_canadian appreciate your inputs.

I have worked with 4 different compnies in past , one of which seems to have been shut down therefore will not be able to get any reference from them. Will that gonna effect ?

As we just need to have 1 yr of relevant experience it should not matter if I can get refernces from rest of my employees. right?

viralgupta

Jun 8, 2014
you just have counted some points for the work experience you are showing.
Yes minimum experience needed is 1 year.

be mindful of the fact that first criterion they check is whether you can make the minimum
points. if not the designated officer does not look further.

--thanks

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Yes , I have over 7 years of experience so even if they don't consider my 1 yr of experience (i.e. with company which had been shut doen) I still make 6 years of experince and points will still be above 67.

There is another question regarding proof of funds - will our (me and my wife) bank statement be sufficient for proofo of funds ?
Do I need to maintain a minimum balance after submission of our bank statement ?

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
MYNK said:
Yes , I have over 7 years of experience so even if they don't consider my 1 yr of experience (i.e. with company which had been shut doen) I still make 6 years of experince and points will still be above 67.

There is another question regarding proof of funds - will our (me and my wife) bank statement be sufficient for proofo of funds ?
Do I need to maintain a minimum balance after submission of our bank statement ?
You and your spouse can show their joint or individual accounts for POF - no issues. You have to show the balance on the date of submission of your app and on date in the future as and when requested by the VO. You can continue to make normal transactions off of your ac but its recommended to avoid withdrawal and/or deposits of large sums of money.

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks for reply nitesh.

I am stuck with Birth ceritificate, my birth certificate doesn't have my name and also my mother's name is incorrect. Can I show 10th certificate as dob proof and attach a affidavit stating same. I am in US these days so can I use US notary for affidavit.