+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class and foreign work experience(Urgent Please)

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Hello, I am calculating my points for express entry, I would like to know can I count on my both home country and Canadian work experience points? since my score was not sufficient for Skilled worker class, I decided to work in NOC for a year in Canada to improve my score and then I submit a profile. But I am not sure after a year working in Canada, I can count on my home country work experience to receive points as well or not. I appreciate if anyone can assist me.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for your response. My NOC in my country is A but the job I would like to attend in Canada falls under NOC B, also both with different code numbers, Does it matter? or as long as both jobs fall under NOC A,B,0 I would be fine in Canadian experience and skilled worker?

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Hi guys! I’d like to know which city/ province has more opportunities in the field of Sales and Marketing. Thanks in advance.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Yes. Just enter your Canadian and foreign work experience in the work experience section when you create your profile and it will calculate your points automatically.
I have heard if I work here in NOC B, my foreign work experience needs to be in NOC B as well in order I can receive points for my foreign experience. Because when I submit a profile I have to enter my primary NOC. If I enter my home country NOC, and I work in different NOC in Canada, I am not sure that I can receive that 70 points for my foreign work experience or not. I appreciate it if you can assist me in this clearly. Thanks.

Adp1724

Jan 24, 2017
I have heard if I work here in NOC B, my foreign work experience needs to be in NOC B as well in order I can receive points for my foreign experience. Because when I submit a profile I have to enter my primary NOC. If I enter my home country NOC, and I work in different NOC in Canada, I am not sure that I can receive that 70 points for my foreign work experience or not. I appreciate it if you can assist me in this clearly. Thanks.
Hi, I am in a similar position.

My 2-year foreign experience is in skill type NOC A (2 years as NOC 2172) and

My cumulative 1-year Canadian experience comes from two skill types NOC A (3 months as NOC 2175) and NOC B (9 months as NOC 2282).

I am not sure what I have to opt as my primary occupation

Last edited:

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Where have you heard that? You should not go by hearsay, but consult official IRCC documentation.

Primary occupation is used to assess MEC for the various programs. It is irrelevant for CRS points.

Simply enter the work experience you want to claim points for in the work experience section, both foreign and Canadian. The system will calculate your points correctly based on this information.
Thank you so much for your information, really appreciate it.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Where have you heard that? You should not go by hearsay, but consult official IRCC documentation.

Primary occupation is used to assess MEC for the various programs. It is irrelevant for CRS points.

Simply enter the work experience you want to claim points for in the work experience section, both foreign and Canadian. The system will calculate your points correctly based on this information.
Hi again, regarding my previous question, I was able to find a job as a carpenter. The job falls under NOC B. My degree is Architectural engineering(NOC A) and my foreign experience is relevant to this field. I have no carpentry background but the employer does not care about this and they will train me. Do you think of I accept the job, I wont have any problem for CEC after a year? Since my degree is not relevant to carpentry, I do not need to provide any certification later for immigration purposes and express entry? Thank you so much for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi again, regarding my previous question, I was able to find a job as a carpenter. The job falls under NOC B. My degree is Architectural engineering(NOC A) and my foreign experience is relevant to this field. I have no carpentry background but the employer does not care about this and they will train me. Do you think of I accept the job, I wont have any problem for CEC after a year? Since my degree is not relevant to carpentry, I do not need to provide any certification later for immigration purposes and express entry? Thank you so much for your time.
Carpentry is a specialized field that typically requires someone to have years of training / apprenticeships, etc.. In my opinion this will not work out. I think IRCC will say that you aren't actually working as a carpenter (since you don't have the skills or years of training) and will classify your work experience as NOC 7611 (construction trades help and labour) which is NOC D.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
Carpentry is a specialized field that typically requires someone to have years of training / apprenticeships, etc.. In my opinion this will not work out. I think IRCC will say that you aren't actually working as a carpenter (since you don't have the skills or years of training) and will classify your work experience as NOC 7611 (construction trades help and labour) which is NOC D.
thank you, but one of the titles for this position, which has been explained under this NOC, is 'Apprentice carpenter'. You think it gonna be a problem?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you, but one of the titles for this position, which has been explained under this NOC, is 'Apprentice carpenter'. You think it gonna be a problem?
Yes - I still think it will challenging given you have no previous work experience or education in this field. You will be at risk for IRCC saying you don't meet the requirements for this NOC and leveling your experience down to NOC C or NOC D.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to make it a bit clearer, there's generally an expectation that you complete at least 4-6 months of training before you can even qualify as an apprentice. Being hired directly as an apprentice with no prior work experience or training doesn't make sense. This is the risk you are running.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
sorry for so many questions. I have a bachelor degree in Architecture, but I have worked as an Assistant Site Supervisor in my home country for 3 years and also 1 year as a carpenter. I know both were irrelevant to my education but I worked and I have this experience. So, if I explain these and show them my proof of employment form my home country, again it would raise a question? They exactly need a certification for this job?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry for so many questions. I have a bachelor degree in Architecture, but I have worked as an Assistant Site Supervisor in my home country for 3 years and also 1 year as a carpenter. I know both were irrelevant to my education but I worked and I have this experience. So, if I explain these and show them my proof of employment form my home country, again it would raise a question? They exactly need a certification for this job?
In that case you stand a much better chance. You don't need the certification but you will definitely want to be able to prove that you have the one year of work experience as a carpenter in your home country. You'll want to show employment letters, etc. to prove this.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
If you are a CEC candidate, it doesn't matter. Most people choose their most recent occupation.
Hi I have a follow up question, in 2019, I have worked at two different organizations but my second job (my current occupation) makes me get points for canadian experience, is it ok to only mention my current job in the work history or should I list all of in canada my work experiences?? Is there a webpage on IRCC website I can refer to?

Last edited: