Canadian Experience Clarification Needed

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I was give 0 points for my Canadian Experience. So maybe someone can help explain to me the problem.

My work experience is the following:

Job 1: September 2013 to February 2014 (full time - 37.5 hours - NOC 2175)
Job 2: March 2014 to Present (full time - 37.5 hours - NOC 2175)

Yet for some reason it still gives me 0 points. What doesn't make sense to me is I have met the criteria for CEC (Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply). Does it have anything to do with not having an LMIA supported job offer?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
Given the fact that it denied my CEC application entirely, it seems that Express Entry is currently giving ZERO status to LMIA exempt-jobs for Canadian experience.

I don't think this is intended...

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
I am on PGWP and my Canadian experience was accepted.
That's odd. Maybe they require a full-year uninterrupted experience?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
ashrafgk said:
Hello Everyone,

I was give 0 points for my Canadian Experience. So maybe someone can help explain to me the problem.

My work experience is the following:

Job 1: September 2013 to February 2014 (full time - 37.5 hours - NOC 2175)
Job 2: March 2014 to Present (full time - 37.5 hours - NOC 2175)

Yet for some reason it still gives me 0 points. What doesn't make sense to me is I have met the criteria for CEC (Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply). Does it have anything to do with not having an LMIA supported job offer?
Is your language score CLB 7 or higher?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
ashrafgk said:
That's odd. Maybe they require a full-year uninterrupted experience?
CEC never required uninterrupted experiences, it accepts cumulative part times and full times or combination of both as long as hours requirements are met. I don't believe Canadian Experiences in CRS points system requires that either.

edgar van

Feb 21, 2014
I have the same problem. I have more than one year Canadian work experience in NOC B. I have a Master’s degree but it is not from a Canadian post-secondary program.
Does that make any difference?

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DoubleS said:
Is your language score CLB 7 or higher?
YES

I am very confused. I hope to give them a call tomorrow maybe I will get some help

Scaroz

Jan 1, 2015
ashrafgk said:
YES

I am very confused. I hope to give them a call tomorrow maybe I will get some help
I'm having same issue , I have two different Noc# , but I do have two years of Canadian experience and still get 0 point .
Please after you call them tmrw post here what ever they tell you ,

Thanks

edgar van

Feb 21, 2014
I called CIC yesterday and spoke to an agent. I described them the problem:

More than one year skilled Canadian work experience but my online Profile is showing me "CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience" = O points.

She was not able to help me and gave me the advise to right an email using the case specific enquiry form which I did.

Now the problem is that the wait time for a reply by CIC can be 30 days or more for any case specific response...

Looks like we have to go with less points into the first draw of express entry candidates :(

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edgar van said:
I called CIC yesterday and spoke to an agent. I described them the problem:

More than one year skilled Canadian work experience but my online Profile is showing me "CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience" = O points.

She was not able to help me and gave me the advise to right an email using the case specific enquiry form which I did.

Now the problem is that the wait time for a reply by CIC can be 30 days or more for any case specific response...

Looks like we have to go with less points into the first draw of express entry candidates :(
Is your work experience continuous (like one year from January 2014 to January 2015)? Or has it been interrupted?

Scaroz

Jan 1, 2015
Who ever is working In Canada , you should put yes where it ask you , do you have a job

If you have a job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in MyCIC with:

Employer name and address
Start date
Labour Market Impact Assessment number
NOC code related to the job
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and either:

the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.
In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.
The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
hey

for canadian work experience, it has to be continuous:

"Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1)."

you can find this in the Canada Gazette ministerial instructions regarding express entry December 1