13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi,

We've just learnt today that a Miranda Technologies, a Canadian company based in Montreal, has bought the UK broadcasting software company that I work for. This means I am technically now being employed by a Canadian employer although I continue to work here in the UK at the moment.

We have just filed our application for FSW Cat 1 residency with my wife as main applicant through her pharmacy experience. So my thoughts at the moment are really for a "backup plan" if for any reason our FSW1 category is rejected.

It's likely to be the end of the year before anything is decided with regards relocating staff etc. But I am just wondering, if I am now already employed by a Canadian employer, and am offered a transfer to their Canadian HQ in Montreal, how does this stand with applying for residency under FSW2?

Do they need LMO's and TWP's to transfer staff to Canada (that now already work for them)?

Was just thinking this may be a possibility of applying under FSW2 without having to secure a job/TWP/LMO should our FSW1 application fall through.

Thanks for any advice!
Wayne.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

We've just learnt today that a Miranda Technologies, a Canadian company based in Montreal, has bought the UK broadcasting software company that I work for. This means I am technically now being employed by a Canadian employer although I continue to work here in the UK at the moment.

We have just filed our application for FSW Cat 1 residency with my wife as main applicant through her pharmacy experience. So my thoughts at the moment are really for a "backup plan" if for any reason our FSW1 category is rejected.

It's likely to be the end of the year before anything is decided with regards relocating staff etc. But I am just wondering, if I am now already employed by a Canadian employer, and am offered a transfer to their Canadian HQ in Montreal, how does this stand with applying for residency under FSW2?

Do they need LMO's and TWP's to transfer staff to Canada (that now already work for them)?

Was just thinking this may be a possibility of applying under FSW2 without having to secure a job/TWP/LMO should our FSW1 application fall through.

Thanks for any advice!
Wayne.

CONGRATS !

You now got plan B ....
I cannot advice anything on your case but surely you have now more options in hand. You will come to know result of FSW1 within couple of months, hope you get it in first attempt ;)

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

Thanks for any advice!
Wayne.
I am not sure if it would be helpful... PLEASE NOTE THAT I am not expert, my opinion is based on a simple logic;
if I am working in a company in India, and Microsoft bought that company, that does not change my status in eyes of USA govt.
I am still a worker who is working in India, they will not consider my case as my employer is American company.
If my company or parent company (say Microsoft) wants me to work in USA, they would need to file H1B/L1/B2 visa (work permit);
since that company is big, they can get work permit approved without problem.
But that may not help me in any other case.

On similar bases, your company or parent company would need to follow rules for temp. work permit, but it won't be difficult for them.

Mari_cnd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-5-10
Doc's Request.
6-4-10
Med's Done....
11-10-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-5-11
LANDED..........
4-8-11
yes...I am totally agreed with you canada_dream100 :D

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some countries have Immigration clauses like US, something like below:

If you are an employee of a US based company or its own subsidiary anywhere in the world for last 3 years and min one year has been spent out of US, your company can directly file a PR for you. No need for temp work permit. The above may not be applicable for you as you had a recent takeover.

You need to check this for Canada.

Mari_cnd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-5-10
Doc's Request.
6-4-10
Med's Done....
11-10-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-5-11
LANDED..........
4-8-11
it is different in my case....my US co. cant sponsor me for GC (im holding L1A visa) eventhough I stayed here for more than 4yrs until now thats why I applied in canada as FSW to have an option in case my contract in US ended.

It is not really easy for international co. to sponsor a non immigrant workers mst esp during tough times.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi,

Having looked into it a bit, if I can provide adequate evidence that I fall into Specialized Knowledge capacity I can get a work permit as an "Intra-Company" transfer.

Wiki article from britishexpats forum here:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra-Company_Transfer-Canada

Means if I was offered a transfer to Montreal, and this Intra-Company transfer was accepted, then I could secure a work permit without needing an LMO, and from there apply for a PR visa under FSW2.

As I said it is just a backup plan at the moment but it is nice to have extra options.

Wayne.