+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citzen, can I sponsor my niece to study in Canada?

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Dear all,
I am a Canadian Citizen can I sponsor my niece to come study in Canada? If yes what documents do I have to provide.
She has 10.000 Cad her own money. She will create a Canadian bank account and deposit the money in and will be given a deposit certificate.

Please your advice will help both of us to know how to proceed.

Thanks

Rita

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,
I am a Canadian Citizen can I sponsor my niece to come study in Canada? If yes what documents do I have to provide.
She has 10.000 Cad her own money. She will create a Canadian bank account and deposit the money in and will be given a deposit certificate.

Please your advice will help both of us to know how to proceed.

Thanks

Rita
What do you mean by sponsorship? How old is she? She needs to show funds, justify costs of education with education and career advancement in home country, ties to home country. Opening a Canadian bank account doesn’t improve chances. She wants to pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $10k.

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean by sponsorship? How old is she? She needs to show funds, justify costs of education with education and career advancement in home country, ties to home country. Opening a Canadian bank account doesn’t improve chances. She wants to pay first year tuition and show a minimum of $10k.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I mean to assist her like pay tuition and also accommodate her. She is presently finishing her course in a foreign country, and she has been working, and she saved the 10.000 cad.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your quick reply.
I mean to assist her like pay tuition and also accommodate her. She is presently finishing her course in a foreign country, and she has been working, and she saved the 10.000 cad.
So she needs to pay her first year tuition so you can pay it. Then she shows a minimum of $10k for living expenses. That is the minimum. How long is the program? Even if living with you, she needs to show living expenses. You can include your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to take them into account. You are not her immediate or extended family.

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
So she needs to pay her first year tuition so you can pay it. Then she shows a minimum of $10k for living expenses. That is the minimum. How long is the program? Even if living with you, she needs to show living expenses. You can include your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to take them into account. You are not her immediate or extended family.

Thanks for your quick reply. The program is 2 terms which means 8 months of study. Yes, I will go ahead and pay the tuition. Yes, she has the living expenses. I am her paternal aunt and I have documents to proof relationship. Thanks for your advice.

Rosie2018

Dec 13, 2018
Thanks for your quick reply. The program is 2 terms which means 8 months of study. Yes, I will go ahead and pay the tuition. Yes, she has the living expenses. I am her paternal aunt and I have documents to proof relationship. Thanks for your advice.
I am also working on helping my husbands niece to come to canada. we are candian citizens and will be helping her with any tuition as well as she will be living with us. You absolutely can use your income to assist her. You will need to sign an affidavit of support and provide documents demonstrating how you will able to financially support her. Also im not sure what your long term goal is for her but if its to hopefully one day settle in canada then an 8 month course will not be sufficient. We are looking into a program of minimum 1800 hours to hopefully be granted a post graduate work permit of up to 3 years. Usually work permits are granted the same length as the course. to be eligible for any PR programs having the extra time will be very beneficial