+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP PRACTICE TEST

yellow_jacket

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I just wanted to ask some of you about the test preparation. Some of you bought this practice test. i think its $30 and I see some people state that it has been really helpful to them for preparation for exam

http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/canadian-citizenship-practice-test/

Is it really necessary to purchase it? I mean I went through all free tests online and i can answer most of the questions no problem. Im just wondering how useful would that online package be?

PNP

Feb 25, 2009
I have not tried citizenshipsupport DOT ca, so I can't tell. But I recently found a good and FREE website for citizenship test preparation, funded by CIC, so it looks pretty official!

citizenshipcounts DOT ca/study

Their Android app is also pretty handy.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yellow_jacket said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask some of you about the test preparation. Some of you bought this practice test. i think its $30 and I see some people state that it has been really helpful to them for preparation for exam

Is it really necessary to purchase it? I mean I went through all free tests online and i can answer most of the questions no problem. Im just wondering how useful would that online package be?
i bought and studied it for peace of mind. The practice was hard and finished all questions.
When i took the actual exam, it was just so easy and I felt good that I bought it. I also share it with 4 of my friends and family members so the cost is nothing as everyone benefits.
Oh and also i only studied question on the test preparation since it also has all questions on free sites + questions of its own. I can better focus!
For $30, i felt safe and secured. Even if the actual test was harder, i would have been well prepared anyway. ^_^ it is up to you!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yellow_jacket said:

oh by the way, you will be surprised how many you got wrong when doing the history part of the practice tests. ^_^

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Don't pay, here is a free one as well http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=BC
The library ones are the only ones I used. They're free and effective. The test was very easy. Some of those other practice website have information that is not entirely correct or they make the questions unnecessarily difficult. Once you read the guide the CIC sends and practice via the library links you should be good.

yellow_jacket

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess i will just keep on using the free test online and reading the study book. im too cheap lol
thanks for advice on that site, its really useful!

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
yellow_jacket said:

It's $29 plus taxes, if I remember correctly.
I haven't checked out the free one at the library but the one you mention is awesome and all the info in it is updated. You can even verify your mistakes with the Study guide itself as it tells you where the answer is, not just Correct or Incorrect.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
peter_h said:
It's $29 plus taxes, if I remember correctly.
I haven't checked out the free one at the library but the one you mention is awesome and all the info in it is updated. You can even verify your mistakes with the Study guide itself as it tells you where the answer is, not just Correct or Incorrect.
I am very happy I bought the online test! I learned a lot, it is so detailed. Although the actual test was easy I would still recommend to buy the online test (maybe just for personal satisfaction and curiosity). I think to become a citizen of a certain country we should know its history (not only for the sake of passing the test). It is of course personal choice!

The free tests do not cover lots of things as the paid one does and yes, it is very convenient when it comes to the wrong questions. It lets you look at the exact page on the Guide book for the right answer and that way you can remember it better.

All other free tests are useful to practice too, I practiced both.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
I am very happy I bought the online test! I learned a lot, it is so detailed. Although the actual test was easy I would still recommend to buy the online test (maybe just for personal satisfaction and curiosity). I think to become a citizen of a certain country we should know its history (not only for the sake of passing the test). It is of course personal choice!

The free tests do not cover lots of things as the paid one does and yes, it is very convenient when it comes to the wrong questions. It lets you look at the exact page on the Guide book for the right answer and that way you can remember it better.

All other free tests are useful to practice too, I practiced both.
Me, too!

Kanadalainen

Jan 26, 2014
suenim said:
The library ones are the only ones I used. They're free and effective. The test was very easy. Some of those other practice website have information that is not entirely correct or they make the questions unnecessarily difficult. Once you read the guide the CIC sends and practice via the library links you should be good.
Same here, I just read trough the booklet CIC sent. I found the online library test most useful. I practiced 100 questions each time. I started practicing the day I received the booklet, at first a few times a day, and after I started scoring 100 %, I decreased my practice to once a day. So when I took the actual test, it was really easy, and if you're well prepared, it takes only a couple minutes to answer.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I was trying out the practice questions from the link below:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Could someone explain to me why it asks me which province do I live before starts a round of practice? Does that mean different province has its own set of citizenship test questions??

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelavnzuo said:
I was trying out the practice questions from the link below:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Could someone explain to me why it asks me which province do I live before starts a round of practice? Does that mean different province has its own set of citizenship test questions??
Yes