Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
missmini said:
hi sumaira

certified photocopies in general r like this: find an official translator, u show him the original documents, he will make a photocopy of the original and attach to that photocopy his English/French translation....both the photocopy and the translation will have his official notary stamp....now this process also depends from region to region - see the region specific guides how it explains there to do it....some people say that the best way to do it would b at Canadian consulate - which u can enter since u r Canadian citizen....it will b very costly but at least u r sure the translator is recognized by Canada

yes it would have been better to have an employment letter....i think the employer didn't understand that u r Canadian....by the way did u ever live in Canada - do u have social insurance number (if no then he cannot hire u), did u ever fill Canadian taxes? do u have any bank account, credit card there? did u ever visit Canada? do u visit regularly? if it's NO to all these than it would b difficult to prove ur return since u never lived or went there....i guess describing ur situation in the current country (not safe and why it's not safe based on ur situation with proofs if possible) and other personal things related to ur case would help; explain that the only thing which keeps u there is ur daughter and u tried to go to Ca before but her visa was not granted, hence u could not leave her; affidavit (certified letter = signed in front of a notary with the notary stamp) from ur brother stating that u and ur daughter can live with him once u arrive and he will help u financially until u can manage on ur own will be very important; also if u have any savings u can show proof of that

good luck!!
Sumaira,
Missmini stated very well about the content of the cover letter. I think if you follow the advice you will be fine.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Amy612 said:
As per my knowledge, ur daughter should do the medical before you send the aplication form. But still check with the country specific guideline or instruction. At the end of the guide they have a form for medical. You have to fill it up and go to the doctor.Doctor will return you one copy. You will include this with your application.
In the cover letter state that as along as ur daughter gets her PR, both of you will permanently move to Canada. Don't worry. It will be OK.
Amy is right, ususally the medicals need to b sent from the beginning, for Pakistan also (it's the Middle East guides right?)...the doctors don't know what they r talking abt; anyway u need to go to a doctor recognized/accredited by CIC - find one which actually knows how the system works; fill in Appendix C and show them the checklist :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Amy612 said:
Write a letter explaining why u can not provide option C. Say that you are out of Canada. Not filing tax for these years. But if you have income, show your tax return papers in ur home country. I did the same and it was fine for me.
and also u can start filling in the taxes for this year as non resident :) it's not too late, the deadline is 30th April 2012; u declare ur income in Pakistan for 2011, u'll convert that income to Canadian dollars (based on annual currency rate - easy to find it with Google), u declare ur work there, u declare ur daughter as dependent, u write a letter explaining that u live outside Canada with ur daughter but u intend to return....and there u r back in the system and also it's good proof of return ;) don't worry u will not probably have to pay any taxes; if later the VO will ask for Option C u will b able to provide it...again u need to have a social insurance number for that, it's not clear if u have it or not....did u ever work there, did u ever fill taxes?

hmm i doubt there's any tax declaration in Pakistan, like official, being in a database, getting confirmation paper back....is there?!

it's better to submit Option C - u make their life easier and the process a little faster; but even without, u explain why u don't have it and usually they don't return applications because of that

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
sumaira19 said:
yes missmini i had my health card which is now obviously expired but i can renew it as soon as i get there.. yes i have been to canada and i have lived and studied there as well but not for a long time.. for about 2 years i guess den i came back to pak for some serious issues.and now its untolerable to live here for both of us.. so should i send a cover letter along with my application stating my situation and all, right??,, i will show my bank account statement as well maybe that will help too..and AMY i dont know how to apply for TRP but i am thinking to apply for trp as soon as i apply for PR but right now i am concentrating on the PR application and its making me crazy.. gathering the docs putting them together is making me nuts! :eek:..neway just guide me about my statement letter i.e cover letter. Wat points can be supporting for me .. u see i have a very genuine reason going back there.. First of all i am the citizen and me and my daughter cant live here bcoz of the condition of this country and i want her to study there for a better future. wat points can be more supporting for me can you describe? i wish i had a representative but u see the lawyers here are extremely costly! rather than throwing money over them i prefer saving them.
YES explain all i told u before and yeah all the details abt ur situation, focus on safety, the cultural norms, u r not safe in general or really something specific to ur situation and dangerous?! explain all that...explain why u had to leave Ca...it should not look that u didn't like it or didn't adapt there; don't say that u want to go back for ur daughter to study there; it could look that u take advantage of the system and once she will finish her studies u will both go back; when they read they should realize that ur decision is permanent, that Canada is ur home and that the only thing which keeps u in Pk is being with ur daughter

LOL u have headache from the papers....well sponsoring a child is actually easier i think, the relationship is there and crystal clear not like sponsoring a spouse ::)

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey i called my income tax department they said i cant pay the tax as my income is not dat much sufficient for paying tax over here u should earn 2.5 lacks to give the yearly tax..since i hav not that much experience in working coz im 22 years old and not earning that much right now, so can i write that i cant provide option C and write all these circumstances?
and im also confuse abt the fees? what is dependent child's over all fee?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
sumaira19 said:
hey i called my income tax department they said i cant pay the tax as my income is not dat much sufficient for paying tax over here u should earn 2.5 lacks to give the yearly tax..since i hav not that much experience in working coz im 22 years old and not earning that much right now, so can i write that i cant provide option C and write all these circumstances?
and im also confuse abt the fees? what is dependent child's over all fee?
nobody says to pay taxes....i never paid anything either but i always filed my tax returns since i was a student; even now outside i file the tax papers and i still don't need to pay anything; all i get is confirmation of my annual declared income, my situation, confirmation that i don't need to pay anything and that's enough for me to show it to the embassy in case they ask
abt the fee i really don't know just follow the fee calculator on the site....it's 75 + something ::) maybe Amy will help :)

EDIT: i checked the calculator also and yeah it looks that u got it right 75+75; but also does she need the right of permanent residence fee?...see in the guides if children need to pay that fee or not...anyway if u don't pay it from the beginning it's not the end of the world; if they need it they will ask for it before they issue her visa :)
good luck, it seems that u r really close to send!! :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
missmini said:
nobody says to pay taxes....i never paid anything either but i always filed my tax returns since i was a student; even now outside i file the tax papers and i still don't need to pay anything; all i get is confirmation of my annual declared income, my situation, confirmation that i don't need to pay anything and that's enough for me to show it to the embassy in case they ask
abt the fee i really don't know just follow the fee calculator on the site....it's 75 + something ::) maybe Amy will help :)

EDIT: i checked the calculator also and yeah it looks that u got it right 75+75; but also does she need the right of permanent residence fee?...see in the guides if children need to pay that fee or not...anyway if u don't pay it from the beginning it's not the end of the world; if they need it they will ask for it before they issue her visa :)
good luck, it seems that u r really close to send!! :)
u r right it's $150. No RPRF for dependent child.

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey can u tell me what am i suppose to write in CLIENT IDENTICATION NUMBER present on the payer reciept..and whose name and address should be written on the reciept? mine or my brother's?
and there is one more question revolving around my mind as i am very close to send my application that will it going to effect my application that i have been away from CA for a long time like for about 10 years? and now i want to move back with my daughter? will it matter?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
sumaira19 said:
hey can u tell me what am i suppose to write in CLIENT IDENTICATION NUMBER present on the payer reciept..and whose name and address should be written on the reciept? mine or my brother's?
and there is one more question revolving around my mind as i am very close to send my application that will it going to effect my application that i have been away from CA for a long time like for about 10 years? and now i want to move back with my daughter? will it matter?
the client id i think u don't have yet....or maybe it's the one u had when u applied for citizenship? (if u still have it in some old papers)....usually when a person has a client id with CIC she will always have the same client id....i was not sure and i wrote N/A
the info on the receipt should b the sponsor's (yours)
as for the other question i don't know how they will judge ur case if u lived in Canada just a little....just hope for the best....

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the courier mailing address for sending the application coz the fed ex man said they dont deliver on p oi box addresses,

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey everyone i have mailed my daughter's application today via fedex so relieved!!!