Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Its indeed a great news that Government has accepted Binding Arbitration :) However there is no deadline , again let us hope for a sooner closure.

Once they agree and strike ends, there will be a definite boost to the existing processing timelines. Most likely the back logs will be cleared within 2 months for Worker Visa.

Priority could be for Student Visa, Visitor, Work Visa in the same order I have mentioned.

First things first, let the strike end.. It will definitely end soon, if PAFSO had to reject the conditions, they would have done it already.
Just that it will take some time to find an agreement. Hope it will end within this month.

Karthikdaze

Jul 6, 2013
26 July 2013 - Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: PAFSO Responds to Government's Rejection of Arbitration
Shortly before noon today, PAFSO received a letter from the President of the Treasury Board in which he rejected our offer of binding arbitration. Minister Clement’s decision was based on the grounds that PAFSO would not accept all six of the preconditions he wanted to impose on the arbitration process.

The Canadian public must understand two key facts:

Two of Treasury Board’s preconditions were so paralyzing that their acceptance would have predetermined the outcome of arbitration in the Government’s favour and negated the purpose and integrity of the process. Specifically, they wanted to exclude from consideration any mention of other professional groups in government who perform the same work as us – often in neighbouring offices – which has been at the heart of our position since day one.

PAFSO made a reasonable and responsible effort at finding common ground by accepting two of the six preconditions, and committing to a goodwill gesture – a suspension of service withdrawals while arbitration is ongoing – which would have satisfied a third.
Let us be clear: PAFSO has not rejected binding arbitration. We offered it in the first place. We agreed to pursue it even with three of Treasury Board’s preconditions. This offer still stands.

If Minister Clement truly believes his offer is “fair and reasonable”, he would not have shied away from arbitration without preconditions. Rather, he would have welcomed the opportunity to submit his offer to independent scrutiny. Instead, he sought to stack the deck in his favour by cherry-picking criteria which would have favoured Treasury Board’s position. He is trying to tilt the playing field to the Government’s advantage, and is clearly uninterested in a fair contest.

The Government has reached tentative agreements in two other long-outstanding contract negotiations during the last month, and will return to the table on Monday to address a third. PAFSO is one of the smallest unions in the federal government. Equal pay for our members could be achieved for $4.2 million – 1.5% of the impact this strike is having on the tourism sector alone. PAFSO can only conclude that the Government is behaving prejudicially toward the Foreign Service and is therefore negotiating in bad faith. This should be of serious concern to all Canadians.

Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada’s fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

We take no pleasure whatsoever in these strike actions and their real, severe, and mounting effects on the Canadian economy. But it should now be evident to all Canadians that from this point forward the Government of Canada bears sole and complete responsibility for these impacts. PAFSO has made every reasonable effort to resolve this situation; the Government has not. PAFSO encourages all individuals, businesses, and industry associations with a stake in the outcome of our dispute to intervene with the Government and urge them to bargain freely and flexibly with their own employees.

Jul 26, 2013
canada work process time in New Delhi

hii there ,
I had sent my LMO,AIT and all the documents to VFS new delhi for the work permit to alberta since March 13th 2013. But still its showing under processing.Almost 18 weeks over,I know delay because of strike but its taken too much time.I send the mail to VFS about the situation but couldn't get any correct information.Hoping any kind reply..thanks

narmadajn

Star Member
May 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march-11-2013
Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada's fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=159

narmadajn

Star Member
May 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march-11-2013
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/30/pol-foreign-service-protest.html

niruban44

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Hi narmada... Any news yet or any inside news abt TWP LMO

Karthikdaze

Jul 6, 2013
Today morning, One of my friends got d status update...he has applied his Twp on march 28th..unfortunately his visa has been refused for sme strange reasons....

Chofi

Aug 19, 2013
Karthikdaze said:
Today morning, One of my friends got d status update...he has applied his Twp on march 28th..unfortunately his visa has been refused for sme strange reasons....

Could you tell what are those reasons? I am planning to apply for a TWP as soon as I get the LMO from Canada. I have a valid job offer and all the papers. I would like to know how much time would take to get the visa If I apply on Sep-Oct...

12Sep

Oct 23, 2013
Hi, I've applied online for ICT(Self) + OWP - S on Sep12th with upfront medical examination. So far i haven't heard anything yet.

Btw, anyone sailing in the same boat?

I've added my info to the spreadsheet. All the best to those who r waiting :)

12Sep

Oct 23, 2013
Btw from the looks of it, it seems that applications falling under Online/Delhi category is getting beaten badly! What do you think? The spreadsheet filter on this category showed horrendous waiting times!!! ;)