+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Vs UK

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Yousef_MA said:
One more deference between UK and Canada, Canada has more stupid and not streamlined immigration system than any country else. We see lots of people in the Canadian immigration hassle since 2004 until now. However, this will never happen in UK or any other immigration attractive country.
We also don't see any clear criteria for processing the immigration files on which they release the MR, PPR. This is a another hassle
In my country anybody takes the UK visit Visa in 3 business days and Canadian Visa in a 3 month if it is not refused
I couldn't agree with you more....at least UK immigration system is pretty much straight forward; i mean the professional routes........
Mandie

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Appl. Recd by CIC on 18th July
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent Original alongwith application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Hmmmmm..... i dont mind!!!
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 1st March and Recevd on 13/3/2012
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Hi guys,
Even i have lived in UK for 2 years on student visa, having read all ur opinions i too would like to share mine, while in UK i have worked with people from different countries and to frank i feel that Indians, Pakistanis are the biggest racist people on earth ( I am myself an Indian). Racism is very natural in every human being. some white people have helped while others have used me.
I cannot compare Canada with UK. but surely U.K is an expensive country to live in. even Canadians have told me that while i was in london. however the thumb rule of higher rates and taxes apply to all the major cities. " The closer you are to the city or the main hub the more expensive it gets for example people living in central London pay more taxes on food, council and transportation charge than people living in Leeds, GLasgow or Birmingham. And iam sure the same must be the case in Canada also.
I have struggled for 2 months in 2008 to find a job, have survived on snicker bars and coke as even a Mc donald burger was expensive for me. But things changed i got a good job and managed to do more than just survive.

But still have to agree that London is more expensive than Canada. my friends living in Canada pay 250 $ rent a month which is very cheap, food prices surely differ from place to place. some things really sound crazy to me like Charge on Incoming calls.

But as rightly said, we all are going to Canada not because of money it is in order to live a quality life ;D ;D ;D. You cannot event think about settling in U.K with ur family this will take u ages and by the time u have ur family there u may too old. wats the use of money wen u dont have ur family to spend it on.

Parents are also a big concern, in U.K very difficult u may hardly get a visiting visa for thm. Canada you get them for permanaent basis. Other facilities I believe must and will change in future like medical facilities etc as time passes by.

Watever, Iam just being optimistic and comparing Canada with India rather than comparing with U.K as I know things will be much better for me. I dont know wat they say about Canada.
But i read it some where about U.K " A COUNTRY WITH GLORIOUS PAST, BUT DROWNING FUTURE."
And i know where my future is.

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Appl. Recd by CIC on 18th July
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent Original alongwith application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Hmmmmm..... i dont mind!!!
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 1st March and Recevd on 13/3/2012
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
mandiebraxton said:
I couldn't agree with you more....at least UK immigration system is pretty much straight forward; i mean the professional routes........
Mandie
they are at the moment but just rewind things 10 years back and see how things were in U.K they wre also very linient with immigrants now when the have plenty of them they are throwing them back to where they came from. I am sure oneday the gates of Canada will also close down once they have enuf immigrants and labourers and play a foul game with innocent peoples money and time. wat U.K is doing is a very dirty game. this will surely affect their reputation. I hope Canada doesnot carry the same perspective towards Immigrants.

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
Economy of the uk is based on services sector primarily and with a downturn in the global economy this is the sector which is hit the hardest. Ur export gets hit and u still have to import food n energy. Canada is rich in natural resources so it will be able to weather this storm. Economic hardship is the cause of harsher immigration policy, racism, religious bias and crimes.

MaryLee

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RChettiar said:
Hi guys,
Even i have lived in UK for 2 years on student visa, having read all ur opinions i too would like to share mine, while in UK i have worked with people from different countries and to frank i feel that Indians, Pakistanis are the biggest racist people on earth ( I am myself an Indian). Racism is very natural in every human being. some white people have helped while others have used me.
I cannot compare Canada with UK. but surely U.K is an expensive country to live in. even Canadians have told me that while i was in london. however the thumb rule of higher rates and taxes apply to all the major cities. " The closer you are to the city or the main hub the more expensive it gets for example people living in central London pay more taxes on food, council and transportation charge than people living in Leeds, GLasgow or Birmingham. And iam sure the same must be the case in Canada also.
I have struggled for 2 months in 2008 to find a job, have survived on snicker bars and coke as even a Mc donald burger was expensive for me. But things changed i got a good job and managed to do more than just survive.

But still have to agree that London is more expensive than Canada. my friends living in Canada pay 250 $ rent a month which is very cheap, food prices surely differ from place to place. some things really sound crazy to me like Charge on Incoming calls.

But as rightly said, we all are going to Canada not because of money it is in order to live a quality life ;D ;D ;D. You cannot event think about settling in U.K with ur family this will take u ages and by the time u have ur family there u may too old. wats the use of money wen u dont have ur family to spend it on.

Parents are also a big concern, in U.K very difficult u may hardly get a visiting visa for thm. Canada you get them for permanaent basis. Other facilities I believe must and will change in future like medical facilities etc as time passes by.

Watever, Iam just being optimistic and comparing Canada with India rather than comparing with U.K as I know things will be much better for me. I dont know wat they say about Canada.
But i read it some where about U.K " A COUNTRY WITH GLORIOUS PAST, BUT DROWNING FUTURE."
And i know where my future is.
Very good information. Thanks for sharing

Falankuk

Sep 5, 2013
Gulshan Grover said:
Not agreed with you. I was treated fairly all the time while I was in the UK. The most funny thing which I noticed english people (UK) do not like english people. All the time either they talk back or they have cold war. I was offered so many good positions in the company but because I got limited time visa which obstructed me to take that employment. The job post was offered by english Manager.

I never realised any rasism in the UK. Sorry I am not arguing. This is just my opinion.

One thing I must admit crime rate is higher in the UK compared to Canada. Life in Canada is more safe than UK. It is just like both sides of a coin.
I have been living in UK 20 years and I experienced only racism. I am Italian and i have noticed that foreigners of any nationality are not welcome. On top of it the low class in UK is extremely low, it is full of council houses as most of the population cannot afford to buy the own property. Jobs or great jobs are only for British. NHS should be called NDS that means National Death Service, as it is not efficient Doctor are paid a lot of money and they do not what they are doing. Weather is horrible. I have been in Canada and had so far a great impression people much better and not racist as British, weather is better, professional jobs paid good money, bills less expensive.

Falankuk

Sep 5, 2013
I forgotten to add British are extremely rude and the customer service is horrible......British get a life.....

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
I have been in the UK for the last 3 years and find Brits to be very courteous and extremely friendly. Just because a moron comes across as a bigot or racist doesn't mean the whole nation is the same. I have made some very good friends over the past 3 years and would leave England(especially south) with a heavy heart.If I had a chance I would always prefer to stay here even though the weather can be a bit temperamental at times :)

P.S: I am a Muslim and Asian

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
UK has no comparison to canada.. i have lived in both countries .. canada is far cheaper and better than UK..

UK is unreasonably expensive.. no matter scotland or london.. one pay very very high price for living..

Falankuk

Sep 5, 2013
MH_UK said:
I have been in the UK for the last 3 years and find Brits to be very courteous and extremely friendly. Just because a moron comes across as a bigot or racist doesn't mean the whole nation is the same. I have made some very good friends over the past 3 years and would leave England(especially south) with a heavy heart.If I had a chance I would always prefer to stay here even though the weather can be a bit temperamental at times :)

P.S: I am a Muslim and Asian
I had a lot friends and they left for the same reason, treated without respect from British and been experienced racism. It is known to all over the world that British are extremely racist. If you are happy there is good for you I hope you will spend the rest of your life in UK....

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
Falankuk said:
I had a lot friends and they left for the same reason, treated without respect from British and been experienced racism. It is known to all over the world that British are extremely racist. If you are happy there is good for you I hope you will spend the rest of your life in UK....
I feel sorry for you ;D

Love_London

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Dec 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (7.5 band)
Med's Request
March 2013
Med's Done....
April 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013 (PP received November 2013)
LANDED..........
November 2013
The problem with UK is it is getting crowded with each passing day. This is putting immense pressure on infrastructure and other resources. I find it really difficult to drive here. Canada being the one of the largest country has enough space for many more generations to come.

Also london is really expensive city but has advantage of more lively. Also there are lot more opportunities here for professionals. My reason for moving is get closer to my family and friends who are all settled in Canada.

Waiting for that big day when I'll wrap everything from here and head to Canada!